Update 1.06 Undocumented Changes Thread (documented changes also listed in OP)

I have not participated in any Seasonals for months now so these may not be new.

New layout? One on the right is the one I remember, on the left is the new one which is less cluttered. Can anyone confirm if this style was used before?

Windsor-20140407-01977(1).jpg

Also, in the notes there is reference to a special event using Photo Travel Mode with a link provided to www.gran-turismo.com that leads to this:

In addition to the unique seasonal event, Toyota and PlayStation will be on the lookout for your personal FT-1 Concept images captured from the Photo Travel mode. Simply post / share your Toyota FT-1 Concept images with hashtag #CaptureGT6 and we’ll feature the best of photos as through US based PlayStation, Gran Turismo and Toyota’s social channels.
Again, has this been done before?

I also found this on the website:

Lastly, at the end of the competition we’ll be featuring the Replay video of the #1 lap time from the Fuji Speedway GT Seasonal Event through our official US PlayStation YouTube Channel, sharing your victory lap with more than 2.3 Million viewers.
New or no?

I have not participated in any Seasonals for months now so these may not be new.

New layout? One on the right is the one I remember, on the left is the new one which is less cluttered. Can anyone confirm if this style was used before?

New design for sure.

Not entirely sure about the rest.

29 including the 2 mercs. I went to see Opel because they revealed the Astra OPC Concept a couple of weeks back. I went to see if the pic was an Astra but its gone

There is 28 manufacturers on the GT.com site so if you count the 2 mercs then there is no change.

Opel is not a VGT manufactuer.

I haven't gotten that far yet, gimme 2 seconds, and I will have a look

EDIT: Just gone onto the new FT-1 Seasonal, the options are the same as a regular lobby, therefore meaning that you CANNOT turn off friends lines. Ghost is available as Semi Transparent or Line. Again, in the Seasonal Quick Options Pause Menu, you can adjust your 3D settings
On seasonals, you've always been able to turn off ghosts. On mine I have set 'Up arrow' to toggle them, but I'm not sure if that's the default button. But you can definitely do it since 1.0.

The video/ audio signal doesn't "blink" when taking photos now.

Before the update, when you took a photo and after you saved or exited the photo, the video and audio signals would turn off for a second. Now everything is smooth.

This is cool.

In the Open Lobby setup screen, Power and Weight settings can now be incremented 1 hp/kg at a time. Previously (and this dates back to GT5) KG went up in 10kg steps, and HP went up in...well to be honest, I think it went up in like, 9.5 at a time, or something completely stupid like that. Anyhow, you can now set it precisely to what you like.

In the Open Lobby setup screen, Power and Weight settings can now be incremented 1 hp/kg at a time. Previously (and this dates back to GT5) KG went up in 10kg steps, and HP went up in...well to be honest, I think it went up in like, 9.5 at a time, or something completely stupid like that. Anyhow, you can now set it precisely to what you like.

Yes.

- The minimum value for [Max Power Limit] and [Minimum Weight] has been changed from 10 to 1.

No, that's not even correct. I guess it's just poor wording from PD but "the minimum value" means the bottom value. The minimum value has actually not been changed, HP minimum value is 98, KG minimum value 500kg. So perhaps then, the "documented changes" should be reworded in this OP to how I stated it earlier.

No, that's not even correct. I guess it's just poor wording from PD but "the minimum value" means the bottom value. The minimum value has actually not been changed, HP minimum value is 98, KG minimum value 500kg. So perhaps then, the "documented changes" should be reworded in this OP to how I stated it earlier.

But that's how it's stated on the Change-log on the GT website.

I know it was never in equal increments - it was almost random.

But that's how it's stated on the Change-log on the GT website.

I know it was never in equal increments - it was almost random.
Yeh OK. I'm just suggesting then, for this thread where the changes are documented properly, perhaps we could add an amendment to the "official" change to clarify what it actually means?

The only thing I've noticed in 1.06 is that it takes a loooong time to load the main screen when exiting my garage 👎

Jerome

Can anyone confirm if this update has reduced freezes/crashing? I will test this out in a few hours to see if any improvements have been made.

my fatty froze a few times, although could be just me because i haven't played in a while but clutch seems a bit more progressive on g27 than in 1.05

The only thing I've noticed in 1.06 is that it takes a loooong time to load the main screen when exiting my garage 👎

Jerome

I've noticed that as well, first time it happened I thought the game was gonna lock up.

Still not able to add wings to the Audi R8s. :(

Yeh OK. I'm just suggesting then, for this thread where the changes are documented properly, perhaps we could add an amendment to the "official" change to clarify what it actually means?
I see what you mean now.

@Johnnypenso ?
Good eye @oink83 👍👍 and thanks for the heads up @iainoflo85 :) I made a note in both the documented and undocumented changes of the OP to reflect this. :cheers:

I am not sure on this, but it seems that the sounds have improved. I do not say that they updated engine sounds, but the overall sound volume seems to be more balanced and the engines of some cars seems to have a little bit more "ooomph" in it!

Back