Update 1.07

• Thread starter MatskiMonk
  • 384 comments
Nice change for a while, pitstop bugs have changed position, from missionary to doggy..
Car has less friction/grip before pitstop now, and more after, also it easily goes faster laps after pitstop now..
Maybe we get horseback riding on next update.

Photomode.

Yeah, still don't understand why this deserves so much rage. Taking a photo of a stationary car in a plain room shouldn't be very high on PD's priority list for things to add/fix, especially since there are already a number of boring places to take pictures of stationary cars. To each their own I guess. Personally, I'm thrilled that we can finally do timed races and have proper starting lights, much more useful than a room to park my car in. 👍

Yeah, still don't understand why this deserves so much rage. Taking a photo of a stationary car in a plain room shouldn't be very high on PD's priority list for things to add/fix, especially since there are already a number of boring places to take pictures of stationary cars. To each their own I guess. Personally, I'm thrilled that we can finally do timed races and have proper starting lights, much more useful than a room to park my car in. 👍

It's apparently fairly high on their priority list. You know, since they use Photomode extensively for all their bullshots...

@gtuned 's also had (legitimate) complaints in the past about the fact they've somehow ruined some of the functionality of that mode compared to GT5. You'd think carrying it over would've made more sense...

Nice change for a while, pitstop bugs have changed position, from missionary to doggy..
Car has less friction/grip before pitstop now, and more after, also it easily goes faster laps after pitstop now..
Maybe we get horseback riding on next update.

Can faster laps be because of fuel tank getting empty (so the car is actually lighter)?

A few things to check. Can't do it myself, not at PS3.
• photomode freeze at Mt. Panorama
• RB standards sound glitch at Fuji and Nürburgring
• camber

3Rl73W8.jpg

Can faster laps be because of fuel tank getting empty (so the car is actually lighter)?
Go on Brands Hatch Indy, Online, All real, No aids, not even ABS, use Stock Audi R8 Team Phoenix with RS tyres, and do some lapping, and remember refuel your car on pit stop as I did.

So pitstop bug is NOT fixed, it is only CHANGED, before pitstop car has less grip than after pitstop.
Car SHOULD behave same before and after when all environmental variables are same, but on PD's case this fails, even after this newest update just changes bug behavior.

Go on Brands Hatch Indy, Online, All real, No aids, not even ABS, use Stock Audi R8 Team Phoenix with RS tyres, and do some lapping, and remember refuel your car on pit stop as I did.

So pitstop bug is NOT fixed, it is only CHANGED, before pitstop car has less grip than after pitstop.
Car SHOULD behave same before and after when all environmental variables are same, but on PD's case this fails, even after this newest update just changes bug behavior.

One of the indicators that the tyre bug was in effect was that the tyres would squeal even when you are driving in a straight line. Are the starting set of tyres (before pit stop) doing this?

At least, at the very least, 75% of the people on the Photomode section bought GT6, just for photomode. I did. Couldn't care less about the physics or sounds or racing, just the photography aspect as there's no other game out there that did or does, what GT5 and GT4 did. There's a huge fanbase for Gran turismo just for it, and the reason I get so pissed each update with a lack of update to that feature, is because it's been so neutered and ruined, it's not even any fun to use anymore. There's 5 locations, compared to GT5's 13, that were much more interactive and scenic, where as GT6's, Gemasolar and the Arts and Sciences are the only haflway decent ones to shoot at. Syracuse is bland and empty, as well as Ronda, and having 2 cars available doesn't make up for it.

Race photomode wouldn't be that bad either, if they just didn't decide to make the quality worse than GT5's with a horrible blur rendering system, that leaves color abbreviation and hard outlines of what's supposed to be smooth.

But if they would just add in these various scenes and effects that are obviously rendered in game, like the pitboxes and such, it'd start making it better and more fun to use, rather than it being a chore now to find a way to mask and hide the errors and use the most boring photo scenes in the series.

My mood regarding the starting lights has lightened a little because of this little change...

“Choice of [Start Type] has been added to the [Race Settings] for Qualifier, Time Trial, and Drift Trial modes. You can now select from [Final Corner Start] or [Pit Start]."

Thanks PD!

My excitement was a little premature about this feature, do we really still need the word 'start' when all the lights go out? FFS PD!
Perhaps it's to help out the people who would be waiting for them to turn green. :P

For more reality it's a pity there's not an option to turn the "Start" off.

It's better but not quite there yet - It's still an improvement though.

Perhaps it's to help out the people who would be waiting for them to turn green. :P

For more reality it's a pity there's not an option to turn the "Start" off.

It's better but not quite there yet - It's still an improvement though.

Yeah I agree it's an improvement, but PD can be so infuriating! I'm assuming they added the lights in the first place for realism, but they keep the big the huge 'start' graphic and arcade starting sounds!

I know that everyone wants something different from this game, for me personally its realism and immersion that I crave...please PD, at least give us options, options and more options!

Last edited:
The lockup bug which affects camera mode on Mount Panorama has not been fixed yet, sadly.
--------------------
The BMW Vision car really appeals to me. It might be in the top 5 BMW designs ever.

Since it's a concept car, there's not much you can do to it. No power upgrades (although power limiter), oil change takes it from PP612 to PP620. At PP620, it runs out of revs at 186 mph, dropping back to 178 (rinse, repeat). The transmission ratios are fixed, so the oil change may not be worthwhile.

Back to the design. The M stripes are beautifully placed, implying the flow of air against the front of the car, brutally flowing up and over the eyes and kidneys, over the hood/bonnet to dive sideways away from the passenger compartment, into an unseen slot, only to re-emerge at the vent in front of the door, sweep down and accelerate along the door into the vent in front of the rear wheel. Of course, the flow reappears at the rear exit vents, to disperse into the lower slipstream. Just delicious!

GT6 Screen Shot 5:14:14, 10.09 AM.png
GT6 Screen Shot 5:14:14, 10.18 AM.png
GT6 Screen Shot 5:14:14, 10.17 AM.png

One of the indicators that the tyre bug was in effect was that the tyres would squeal even when you are driving in a straight line. Are the starting set of tyres (before pit stop) doing this?
There is problem or bug if handling is different before and after pitstop when environmental setup is same, full tank etc..
You don't need any audio to confirm this bug.

Well just install this and took all of hour downloading and installing so not to bad as most saying lot longer to do. And what with the list for manufacturers anyway, we see them in dealerships anyway as icons so who needs the listing. My download speed is just 5.3mb and not bad considering where I am from main phone exchange ;):)

Back