Update 1.10 (and 1.11) Undocumented Changes Thread

• Thread starter Ameer67
  • 579 comments
And it still sounds like an M5. Regarding the top speed; I wonder if they fixed the C7, since it also reached a ridiculous top speed.

Unrealistic top speeds aren't related to some cars. The whole (aero) physics engine is incorrect, and it affects ALL (road) cars which are powerful enough to reach higher top speeds (300kph/200mph +).

So this issue is for BMW, and MB, and Ferrari and Corvette, etc,etc.

Alright so I think I'm all caught up (for now).

We have:
- 9 confirmed changes
- 3 unconfirmed changes
- 2 false claims

What does 'skybox changed' mean? The cloud placing in the sky? If that, then GT6 had dynamic sky since the beginning, which changes randomly and/or based on day time...

YZF
What does 'skybox changed' mean? The cloud placing in the sky? If that, then GT6 had dynamic sky since the beginning, which changes randomly and/or based on day time...
A skybox, in a computer graphics context at least, is the texture used to display the sky. It's probably a bit of an outdated term in some games but in the old days the sky was just a big cube surrounding the map with pictures of a sky painted on it (hence it was literally a sky box), these days it's all dynamic with volumetric clouds and all that sort of thing. Basically when someone says "the skybox has changed", they mean the appearance of the sky is different, regardless of whether the skybox is an actual box or not, in this case it might be that they've enabled or changed the dynamic sky stuff for that track or something. I haven't actually been on the Red Bull Ring yet so I have no idea.

If it does change randomly, I'll have to look into it after my game finishes downloading the update.

If it does change randomly, I'll have to look into it after my game finishes downloading the update.

I am 99.99% sure that the sky is dynamic, even shadows are dynamic and the darkness level onboard may change if there is overcast with less direct sunlight. I noticed this on Silverstone, testing onboard shadows issue some time ago.

I don't know if this is for all tracks or only for those with dynamic weather and if RB Ring has dynamic weather option (I think it does..?)

HOLY **** :

"It looks like it'll come with it's own mode on the GT Home screen, so maybe we can edit it and this will be the first sampler of the new Course Maker"

Where'd you read that?

EDIT: Just saw you post the link.

YZF
I don't see any relation between being on the front page and able to edit...? we have more stuff on the front page, but you can't edit it either... :)
If it were "just another track" it wouldn't have its own section. It would be in the normal track list.

If it were "just another track" it wouldn't have its own section. It would be in the normal track list.

GT Academy has tracks on the front page, but it's a contest thing. Same with GoodWood, Lunar, etc...

Back