Update 1.10 Discussion

• Thread starter GTPorsche
  • 893 comments
Yep, reset my router. Still not working. I am pissed. How to we tell PD about this??

They're probably already working on it. The rim change crash issue was solved not long after people started reporting it, for instance.

They're probably already working on it. The rim change crash issue was solved not long after people started reporting it, for instance.
Hopefully. I started a thread in the review and feedback section.

Sorry, but I really don't think the videos are anywhere near as big as people think. I work with 1080p video all the time. A properly compressed 1080p video in H.264 would only be about 35mb. A super high bitrate one might be 150mb if really bloated. There is something else in there for sure.

Can someone help, is the GT6 server down or something because I can connect to PSN but I am always getting the error ID = 2:11 of not connecting to the server. This is highly frustrating.

For a bunch of Japanese dudes releasing this game they sure are shameless and unfazed by the boneless release and update of a non functional game.....

look the 2.15 GB download only took me 30 minutes and had that installed. Came to the warning screen for the 1st update no problem moved on. Came to the warning screen again for the 2nd update and there is where my problem comes into play. it keeps saying I am not connected to the serve. When there is only 1/4 of the bar left the download hits an error claims to say it will pick up where it left off. I reset the router and everything and still encounter this problem. Can someone please help me out?

I hope they fix the online servers soon, I wanna see if they changed online physics so that you can roll over now (:

Sorry, but I really don't think the videos are anywhere near as big as people think. I work with 1080p video all the time. A properly compressed 1080p video in H.264 would only be about 35mb. A super high bitrate one might be 150mb if really bloated. There is something else in there for sure.

HA.....35mb is 2 seconds of standard dvd quality video...
DVD-bitrate.jpg

And 150mb is 1 second of standard 1080p HD quality video.....
1080p-HD-Bitrate.jpg

5 minutes of video compressed to those sizes would be a mess of pixels.

I highly doubt there is anything else in the update.

Online lobbies list seems to be fixed now. We opened a lobby with friends through lobby ID and now seems to join anyone therefore it means its fixed.

View attachment 192153

View attachment 192154

I would investigate the movies first bro , them tables you posted up there are trash or really outdated these are compressed the table you posted is raw data

View attachment 192153

View attachment 192154

You don't seem to know much about compression.

For one, RGB 4:4:4 is completely uncompressed video. It is huge. That's only used by film editors and such. Most consumer is 4:2:2 at best.

Your DVD example is specifically flawed if you look at the bitrates you quote. Consumer DVD players can't handle anything over 8 mbps or they crash and you are showing 124 mbps. A single layer DVD disc only holds 4.6gb, so please explain, with your example, how a 112 min movie fits on one? Your example shows 1 hr= 56gb.

Please look in to proper use of H.264 or other common compression formats before you just throw out random size quotes you don't understand.

After viewing the new Vision GT videos, they have lots of scenes, dissolves and cuts. So, that would requiew a higher keyframe rate than I was assuming, so they would likely be over the 35mb guess I made earlier. They are more likely in the 80-120 mb range with proper compression. Still, no where near 2gb.

Last edited:
Back