Update 1.10 Discussion

• Thread starter GTPorsche
  • 893 comments
xzibit.png

Yo I heard you like updates
So we put an update in your update so you can update your update while you update

Some of us feel its not worth it. I mean i looked up on the internet and its 40€ ($50?) a 160GB one and 75€ ($85?) a 500GB one. I mean the PS3 has not that much life left, I'd rather save the money to buy a PS4...
I've never had HDD space issues until GT5+GT6... All the other games that I've played dont have such massive data install and massive updates... 600 or 700MB at most... usually around 100MB or less...
GTA V was 8 GB of install but after finishing it I deleted it no problem.

I don't know where you're looking, but I upgraded my hard drive to 500GB years ago for $60 Canadian.

I record gameplay with avermedia Live Gamer Portable at 16mbps h264 1080p .ts format. 1 min is about 120MB. Have no idea what PD uses so hard to guess.

View attachment 192167

That looks correct. When recording you generally use less compression to ease the load on the hardware and allow for real-time capture. This is why when you render out video from editing software it takes longer than real time to compress the footage. So, you can compress more and retain quality with a smaller size if the algorithm is up to par, but you can't do it in real time.

When I compress my usual H.264 videos at around 8 mbps, it takes around 15-20 min to compress a 3:30, 24 fps video with key frames at 12 (one every half sec) from Premiere. I'm on an older Mac Pro though. This is medium-high quality video and usually ends up around 18-20 mb. This is with VBR encoding to deal with transitions and such better.

Just got on and there's another update I've just installed. Wat u doin, PD.

Anyhow, more pictures incoming.

Another hotfix? Any info on it?

EDIT: It didn't look like I had to download and install this one, but

"The following issue has been addressed:

- An issue wherein the game hangs under certain circumstances while changing the wheels."

Last edited:
With this update, notice to all who got the digital download version: GT6 with this update is now 25GB.

never had a single online problem in the races i host and i usually host endurances... so i'm clueless about all the online complains

That would be a first if so. Hotfixes have never implemented new content.

If i remember correctly the team RJN Nismo GT-R GT3 was added to the game in an update a good few weeks before it was 'activated'.

If i remember correctly the team RJN Nismo GT-R GT3 was added to the game in an update a good few weeks before it was 'activated'.

Yeah, it was in there for quite a while before the previous update added it.

5 hours later and download is done! ffffffeeeewwwww now the ninja update 20 minutes left. wow this one surely has something to be unlocked later, come on Gtplanet code readers tell us what it is.

Back