Update 1.10 Thread! (Check 1st post for Update Details)

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 960 comments
Special Online Event Campaign

* For a limited time, all event prizes will be tripled, and all cars appearing in the Online Collector's Dealership will be brand new (0 mileage) and at half price

Anyone know when it will end?

Good question!! Anyone know when its due to end? ive got some seroius banking and car collecting to right now!

Looks like I will be loading up GT5 once a week for seasonals and possible OCD updates for at least another month. Without enduro saves coming in (as Kaz has stated would happen) it is a fail update for me overall. The majority of rooms for online play in AU are drags, NASCAR or stupid **** and not much else (unless you belong to a league). Everything else has high latency so no point racing in them.

The "AI" in the expert events is heavily scripted and has a huge starting advantage. I liked those events though (golded them already).

This thread is about discusing V1.10. If you don't like it thats your opinion.

And the AI on that Lotus race is hard.... And there'es nearly no room for tuning changes either!

Exactly my point.

What i did was bought the wing , and bought low rpm turbo(could try mid) and then engine restrict to proper hp.

Exactly my point.

What i did was bought the wing , and bought low rpm turbo(could try mid) and then engine restrict to proper hp.

Same here. You need to be really precise with your overtaking and make sure you get past the first car at the hairpin (otherwise it'll slow you up too much).
What I don't understand is how the AI gains 20 seconds in one timing split. I enter the first split 20-25seconds behind and by the second split I'm 45-50 behind. Seems to be a glitch to me.

The majority of rooms for online play in AU are drags, NASCAR or stupid **** and not much else (unless you belong to a league). Everything else has high latency so no point racing in them.

We have a couple guys from NZ that participate in the Cappuccino Cup several times a week and they never have any connection or latency problems. I'm in the U.S. and host the rooms, so it's possible to have good racing with people from other continents. Find a good group here on GTP to run with and the game will totally change for you. 👍

The "AI" in the expert events is heavily scripted and has a huge starting advantage. I liked those events though (golded them already).

I actually take issue with this as well.

I welcome difficulty, but I don't like artificial difficulty. If you want to make the events harder, either give me a weaker car than the AI or make the AI more difficult to beat. Giving the opponents a huge lead at the beginning is just a way for the programmers to hide the fact that they can't figure out how to make the 1P mode actually competitive.

After trying out the a and b spec series saves, I am disappointed with how they implemented it. When you pause a series you can't do anything else in the game, until you finish it, other then turn the system off. To me, the whole point of pausing a series after one of the races is so that I am able to do other stuff in the game, online racing particularly. I hope they don't implement the endurance races saves the same way.

Cauchy
After trying out the a and b spec series saves, I am disappointed with how they implemented it. When you pause a series you can't do anything else in the game, until you finish it, other then turn the system off. To me, the whole point of pausing a series after one of the races is so that I am able to do other stuff in the game, online racing particularly. I hope they don't implement the endurance races saves the same way.

I understand where you are coming from. Even though championships worked the same way in GT3 and GT4, it's only a game and it should be as conivient to play as possible. In Shift 2 and Forza 3, you can be in the middle of a series or championship, and if you wanted to do something else, you just quit your current race, and you can come back to continue where you left off anytime you want. Should be the same way in GT5 too.

But I'm just glad they added championship saves in the first place. Now we no longer have to sit there for 3+ hours to do the FGT championship.

Good question!! Anyone know when its due to end? ive got some seroius banking and car collecting to right now!

Possibly when the next update comes out, because for a while the upped the A-spec prizes, and those went back down after an update, so hopefully they will stay for a decent while! :D

I just spent 40 minutes battling the AI around La Sarthe in arcade and they did seem to have more character than before. What I mean by that is they weren't behaving like line following robots.

I did have a Zonda nudge my rear panel trying to get past which nearly put me into the wall early on and which finally did drop me to last from doing the same thing on a high speed corner a few laps later. No manors some drivers!

I also noticed that the damage system seems to have been made more sensitive. I noticed a lot of the leader pulling into the pits for repairs and wondered why until I got clipped lightly on the left and had minor steering issues forcing me to pit.

Also the grass and run-off sand banks have become majorly sticky and a complete nightmare to drive out of.

This was my experience of the new updated features. I'm quite pleased with the result although I still cannot access the PSN but received suits and lids. How strange.

"There is now a suspend option in quick menu of the championship races of A-Spec and B-Spec. The next time you start the game, you can continue the championship where you left off."

So still no suspend for the 24h races? I don't see one.

Another hidden update was the patch of the Nürburgring glitch (again).

Funny is thou, all my glitching friends are still glitching on ... wait for it ... Nürburgring (again). :D

Last edited:
I must say I love when you clip a corner that little bit too much, and the one side drags on the grass, that side of the controller will then vibrate and eventually smooth out :) I found it mainly noticeable on the Fiat 500 Expert Seasonal with the last tiny chicane onto the home straight

lol Well, I think mid-race saves are a given for this next update. We were told they'd come in the future in March, I believe.

https://www.gtplanet.net/in-race-game-saves-coming-to-gran-turismo-5/

There hasn't been any real updates since February 24-25.

So much for that theory eh? Why on earth they put an interrupt feature into the Championship races instead of the Endurance ones is beyond me and I'm not happy about it one bit. I was totally stoked for this update in order to finally be able to grind out the endo's without killing my (on the older side) PS3. Yea, right.

So much for that theory eh? Why on earth they put an interrupt feature into the Championship races instead of the Endurance ones is beyond me and I'm not happy about it one bit. I was totally stoked for this update in order to finally be able to grind out the endo's without killing my (on the older side) PS3. Yea, right.

haha Yea. But I'm thinking it's much more difficult to have a race stop/hault with all the cars in the right place and such things as that, than it is to suspend the Championship series after you have finished racing a track. I don't want to leave my PS3 running for so long either. I'm waiting, too.

If that makes sense to anyone, can you approve that that is how the Championship saves work?

Funny is thou, all my glitching friends are still glitching on ... wait for it ... Nürburgring (again). :D

Apparently any lobbies like that aren't actually glitching lobbies but rather people trying to find new glitches. I don't like glitchers, by the way. I've tried it, I couldn't do it, I won't do it. Simples. :sly:

Apparently any lobbies like that aren't actually glitching lobbies but rather people trying to find new glitches. I don't like glitchers, by the way. I've tried it, I couldn't do it, I won't do it. Simples. :sly:

Not my lobby, here's the real deal. :cool:

I noticed that my cars are picking up more dust then before (See pic)

It could be my imagination, though.

FlmzX.jpg

haha Yea. But I'm thinking it's much more difficult to have a race stop/hault with all the cars in the right place and such things as that, than it is to suspend the Championship series after you have finished racing a track. I don't want to leave my PS3 running for so long either. I'm waiting, too.

If that makes sense to anyone, can you approve that that is how the Championship saves work?

You mean like when you hit pause and all the cars are suspended right where they are? Becaues all you have to do then is dump the current memory for the race assets, then reload them the next time the game is turned on and viola enduro saves.

It's the same thing that happens when your computer goes into hibernate.

👍. I've only glitched once, couldn't get in so the host kicked me. :lol:

I love the racing suits and Helmet upgrade and I love the fact they have real brands. That video was sweet I can't wait to see what other good customizations we have in store.

I noticed that my cars are picking up more dust then before (See pic)

It could be my imagination, though.

FlmzX.jpg

Anyone else think there was a graphical upgrade hidden in there too? I was noticing some finer features on standard cars today that I have not noticed before. Two cars I think seem to look much better than before are the Carbon R: Seemed like there was more detail to the front bumper and bodywork around the front. Saleen S7: not sure on this one as I haven't seen or touched one since way back when I bought one on my first account. I vaguely remember it being one of the worst standards in the game but it looked rather smooth today in my lobbby.

Mysterious R
Anyone else think there was a graphical upgrade hidden in there too? I was noticing some finer features on standard cars today that I have not noticed before. Two cars I think seem to look much better than before are the Carbon R: Seemed like there was more detail to the front bumper and bodywork around the front. Saleen S7: not sure on this one as I haven't seen or touched one since way back when I bought one on my first account. I vaguely remember it being one of the worst standards in the game but it looked rather smooth today in my lobbby.

I'm glad you said that the standard cars looked polished up. I noticed it today. I was racing a R33 and I could not tell if it was premium or standard, until i saw the replay. I can't wait to see what we get in the next update.

I'm glad you said that the standard cars looked polished up. I noticed it today. I was racing a R33 and I could not tell if it was premium or standard, until i saw the replay. I can't wait to see what we get in the next update.

I sense a far-off evolution of cars to premium, just an inkling.

I'm having a hard time figuring out which events offer the triple rewards. Are these online events as in open lobby? Or is it only the new seasonal events?

Back