Update 1.10 Thread! (Check 1st post for Update Details)

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 960 comments
I've noticed that my custom race bgm keeps repeating the same song now instead of working its way through the album, no matter what i try, following this update.

Lol, you're probably right, and I don't really need the money. I was just having a tantrum earlier. But seriously, the ONLY thing that will give this game a second wind (for me) is laptime leaderboard with "friends" filter, and the ability to race my friends ghost cars. I really don't care about new helmets for Bob. Until leaderboards arrive, its going back on the shelf... ummm... after I've done the latest (very good) seasonal event.
Okay, okay, if they keep posting challenging seasonal events then I guess I'll keep playing for a while. But online laptime leaderboard PD! Seriously!!!! It's supposed to be a racing game!!!!

3rd thread I've mentioned this, but here we go.

Wait till around July 1st for leaderboards. Prologue servers go down on the 30th and if we're gonna get them, that'll probably be around that time, maybe August due to Gamescon.

OT- since this is the 3rd thead I've referenced Prologue servers goin down, we should join PD when they turn off the lights (so to speak), and enjoy the final races of Prologue. Anyone joining me?

I love this update. Outfits and Helmets are something I wanted since day one. So SO Happy! They amount of helmets and outfits in that opening movie was mind blowing, the fact you now win prizes for Seasonal Events is fantastic too.

The only thing I would like is being able to win helmets and Racing Suits randomly for winning A-Spec championships races again, even if you already won it.

Has anyone got a video or images from that new GT5 opening movie, with all the helmets and racesuits?

Last edited by a moderator:
another hidden update:

you no longer have to confirm each (paint/item) send, you just hear a click when the game confirms it for you, lol.

on a side note:

I posted below, how you can get a complete collection of Racing Helmets and Racing Suits just using your own PS3 (spoiler alert if you want to earn them as you play):

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=5411886#post5411886

Why would you create such a visually beautiful game...and not give people basic VCR functions with replay? Seriously...how 🤬 hard is that? Practically every single game in the racing genre has included this feature. So much so, it's not even a 'feature' anymore, it's a given. This game is so polarizing to me. Some parts of the game are genius, and other parts are 20 years behind the curve. Other parts don't make a bit of sense.

It seems as though some people have acquired Stockholm Syndrome in regards to this game and its designers. PD could give us a "Sims"-like feature, where we would now have to control everyday functions of our driver...showering, eating, peeing...and I honestly think some people would say "OH! Greatest update ever!"

I'm a little confused as to why basic racing game features, that have been in most every other racing game for the last 15 years (replay controls, qualifying, some sort of actual "season"), are notably absent from GT5. Yet, some people get excited...and praiseworthy...for a patch that contains new helmets and suits. I'm new to the GT series...is this par for the course?

3rd thread I've mentioned this, but here we go.

Wait till around July 1st for leaderboards. Prologue servers go down on the 30th and if we're gonna get them, that'll probably be around that time, maybe August.

Cool, that sounds promising, although I've learnt now not to get my hopes up. Fingers crossed though, eh?

Don't know if you guys noticed but, the Stigs helmet and suit is on the initial cutscene.

That probably means we can win it!

Lol, you're probably right, and I don't really need the money. I was just having a tantrum earlier. But seriously, the ONLY thing that will give this game a second wind (for me) is laptime leaderboard with "friends" filter, and the ability to race my friends ghost cars. I really don't care about new helmets for Bob. Until leaderboards arrive, its going back on the shelf... ummm... after I've done the latest (very good) seasonal event.
Okay, okay, if they keep posting challenging seasonal events then I guess I'll keep playing for a while. But online laptime leaderboard PD! Seriously!!!! It's supposed to be a racing game!!!!

WOW. They still haven't implemented online leaderboards after all this time.:lol:

I think the friend filter and other modern additions that are slickly built into the GUI when you load the game up are way beyond PD, but after GT5P, you'd think they could at least have leaderboards up by now a la GT5P.

I like this update. Of course they didn't fix or add 99% of the unrealistic wishlists over here but they have added something which no one ever thought of. I think the racing suits and helmets are a fun extra. Creating my stig army:D The new seasonal races are a good challenge and I love that they've improved the AI although I haven't tested it yet.

worst thing that ruins online gaming for me, is still, that you CAN'T invite friends to your lobby!
How stupid is that?
Mostly I can't even find the server where my friends are in. Speding minutes to search for the right one is a ****ing pain in the ass!:banghead:

The Fiat 500 - Race is definetly unmakeable.
Always have like 10 or 12 Seconds Time between First and Me :(

There's a thread for that under the "Seasonal Events" folder. Essentially, fully tune/aero the car, then use power limiter in engine setting.

worst thing that ruins online gaming for me, is still, that you CAN'T invite friends to your lobby!
How stupid is that?
Mostly I can't even find the server where my friends are in. Speding minutes to search for the right one is a ****ing pain in the ass!:banghead:

Seriously?? You just click on the yellow dot above their coffee cup and it takes you right to the room they're in. How hard is that??

I swear that people set themselves up with rediculous expectations, just so that they can bitch about it when they don't appear.

Why ridiculous? All other developers have great stuff shortly after release, such as DLC content. Too much to expect after 6 years in development? Too much to ask for PD to LISTEN to what its players/customers want?

Patch 1.10 has some welcomed new features. However, it's been 7 months since GT5 released. Too much to expect? Really?

How stupid is that?

"community" tab.

click on friend's name.

click on yellow icon beside coffee cup.

Have you really been searching for your friends in the open lobby all this time? :lol:

There's a thread for that under the "Seasonal Events" folder. Essentially, fully tune/aero the car, then use power limiter in engine setting.

Tuning isn't even required, except for knocking off power when the car goes over 65.

PD's decision-making engine is broken beyond comprehension.

I'm honestly aghast at the things they think are good ideas.

This reflects my feelings.

Suits & helmets would be a cool extra after replay control and other *basic*, fundamental racing features people have been asking for were included.

Why would you create such a visually beautiful game...and not give people basic VCR functions with replay? Seriously...how 🤬 hard is that? Practically every single game in the racing genre has included this feature. So much so, it's not even a 'feature' anymore, it's a given. This game is so polarizing to me. Some parts of the game are genius, and other parts are 20 years behind the curve. Other parts don't make a bit of sense.

It seems as though some people have acquired Stockholm Syndrome in regards to this game and its designers. PD could give us a "Sims"-like feature, where we would now have to control everyday functions of our driver...showering, eating, peeing...and I honestly think some people would say "OH! Greatest update ever!"

I'm a little confused as to why basic racing game features, that have been in most every other racing game for the last 15 years (replay controls, qualifying, some sort of actual "season"), are notably absent from GT5. Yet, some people get excited...and praiseworthy...for a patch that contains new helmets and suits. I'm new to the GT series...is this par for the course?

This is the most frustrating part of the game for me. I can over look pretty much anything else, but no rewind/ fastforeward in the replays is unforgivable. How has it not been fixed. I mean I would used photomode much more if I could find the perfect moment easily.

Other than that Im quite happy with the game itself.

Just watched the helmet/suit video that appeared on the main menu. Appears to show replica helmets from The Stig, Sebastian Vettel and possibly one of the Peugeot Le Mans drivers.

My thoughts about the new update:

Overall good new features though some of them are not of my interest. I'm not the collector kind of player, so the helmet stuff is not something I would enjoy. On the other side, navigation is highly improved, specially returning from menus, purchasing tuning parts within garage, and the best of all, leaving online rooms directly to the online lobby.

I was not really expecting any new cars or tracks, that's something to expect from DLC someday, I hope. Does anyone gets annoyed with COD developers for not gifting new maps via free updates? Don't think so.

What I would like to get that is still missing: more filters for online racing (selecting / creating rooms), leaderboards, and a standard cockpit or black cockpit canvas for standard cars (I can't drive in bumper cam mode, feels like bodyboarding the track...) Anything else will be a bonus.

I LOVED the background animation for the helmets.
Felt so... The Stig over it.
Nice animations as well since they looked really "human" as if he really was choosing helmets.

Just watched the helmet/suit video that appeared on the main menu. Appears to show replica helmets from The Stig, Sebastian Vettel and possibly one of the Peugeot Le Mans drivers.

Thats why we saw the Stig in the trailers.

Latest Posts

Back