Update 1.10 Thread! (Check 1st post for Update Details)

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 960 comments
Who in the hell was asking for new outfits and helmets. Last time I checked most GT5 gamers had penises.

I for one asked for more outfits and that has nothing to do with my genitals.
Why enjoying a wider choice of racing outfits and helmets to make the game slightly more personal is somehow exclusively reserved for women is beyond me to be honest.
Oh yeah, I'm a guy so I can't be interested in anything related to soft fabrics or colour patterns or I'm deemed to be a fruitcake, although I assumed the seventies were over...
A lot of real racing drivers design their own helmets, how incredibly girly eh?

I for one asked for more outfits and that has nothing to do with my genitals.
Why enjoying a wider choice of racing outfits and helmets to make the game slightly more personal is somehow exclusively reserved for women is beyond me to be honest.
Oh yeah, I'm a guy so I can't be interested in anything related to soft fabrics or colour patterns or I'm deemed to be a fruitcake, although I assumed the seventies were over...
A lot of real racing drivers design their own helmets, how incredibly girly eh?

I pretty much said it just to get a rise out of people.

It's an interesting feature, but I'd put it so far down my list of priorities that it's non-existent. It doesn't seem like there was a big outcry for outfit and helmet choices. Adding an endurance save and fixing the instant replay HMI would have made so many people happy. Not that there wouldn't be other things to complain about, but they'd be small potatoes.

It makes me a little sick thinking of the time they spent on that new helmet/outfit video and other unnecessary crap when it could have gone to real issues. I am glad for the people who asked and received it. I just wished PD prioritized better.

I can't even get to the first news screen after update. Just black screen after gt5 disclaimer. Anyone else?

Last edited:
Wohooo played GT5 the first time after the update. The "tuning parts buy mode" in the racing menu is such a great win! It will safe you billions of hours!

Now I hope we finally will see a car selection menu if we already are on the track menu, like in online mode! I hate to exit the track and all the menus, only to choose another car and go back again on the same track as I was racing before...

About the helmet and suits, hmm I don´t know... Yeah it gives you the feeling "huh cool I won something" but for me it is useless, exactly like the horns... Would be much better to get some nice price cars... 12 million credits for the Ferrari F1?? I want that car so much but would never "waste" 12 millions... Better they gave us such nice price cars...

Last edited:
I pretty much said it just to get a rise out of people.

It's an interesting feature, but I'd put it so far down my list of priorities that it's non-existent. It doesn't seem like there was a big outcry for outfit and helmet choices. Adding an endurance save and fixing the instant replay HMI would have made so many people happy. Not that there wouldn't be other things to complain about, but they'd be small potatoes.

It makes me a little sick thinking of the time they spent on that new helmet/outfit video and other unnecessary crap when it could have gone to real issues. I am glad for the people who asked and received it. I just wished PD prioritized better.

It's a nice touch I reckon which already was present in Tourist Trophy and I do really like that it's now finally included.
Although to be honest, I would also rather have an endurance save function right now instead of the championship save function.
However, spending time on designing racing suits and helmets and implementing it doesn't necessarily take time away from an endurance save function, that's a different task not related to each other.

It's a nice touch I reckon which already was present in Tourist Trophy and I do really like that it's now finally included.
Although to be honest, I would also rather have an endurance save function right now instead of the championship save function.
However, spending time on designing racing suits and helmets and implementing it doesn't necessarily take time away from an endurance save function, that's a different task not related to each other.

I know the same group/guy wouldn't be doing the work for the uniform thing and the enduro saves, but still. Fixing the enduro saves and replay would shut so many people up, and give them what should have been there the whole time.

I know the same group/guy wouldn't be doing the work for the uniform thing and the enduro saves, but still. Fixing the enduro saves and replay would shut so many people up, and give them what should have been there the whole time.

I know but they're working on an endurance save function, they announced a while ago they were, but maybe it's more complicated (specifically to implement within GT5 and how to implement it) than it might initially appear or for whatever reason it still isn't offered.
Should they therefor not offer other content, with a more superficial character perhaps, created by another section of their team?
Not defending PD or their choices but it's comparing apples and oranges really.
I also rather have an endurance save function now and those suits and helmets later but like a lot of things in life, it's exactly the other way around due to reasons unknown, I however ain't complaining about the addition of racing gear choice.

Racing Gear Items.

OK by me, especially considering how I can now be The Stig. :D Weird methods of collection though :boggled:

Special Online Event Campaign
Also OK by me. Although the M3 GTR Race Car in there got totally obsoleted by the 1000 ticket I got mine in today :crazy:

Prizes for online events

The 22 and 23 ticket are very nice, but they're so hard to get!!!

Parts purchases through the Settings screen

Makes things much quicker and easier but also really confusing. :irked:

Improved Opponent AI Algorithm

...God help me when I come to doing the FGT Championship (and the current seasonals! :grumpy: ). Speaking of which...

Interrupting and resuming Championship races

...this is exactly what I need to do it at last. This is a godsend to me, and while endurances will still be out of the question, it hardly matters now this is here. :D

Additional music track

Could care less but still that's only meh.

Also can people PLEASE stop complaining!!! Some of the things these guys have said is beyond sadness and I think some people just need to realise the situation PD is in. No one here knows the time it takes to implement everything we want. No one here knows how it can be implemented at all. No one here realises that GT5 is a 'complete' (so to speak) game, and if it's complete as PD said when they released this on 24/11/10, then it is! And most importantly, no one here realises the limits that GT5 can be taken to. There are only so many cars they can put in the game, so many polygons they can put into them, so many events they can put in...just please, realise what PD are doing right now and live with it!!! :mad:

[/rant on ranters]

I am not disappointed by this update. As updates go, its pretty good. I am still just disappointed with GT5 overall.

I get this after the update!

insufficient free space on hard disk drive... at least 32mb is needed... 0x00000001 (203)

There are almost 300GB free on disk...

Am I the only one? :(

I cannot believe we have waited so long for driver clothes. And how did the AI improve?
I feel unthankful but buying parts from the settings screen is terrific!

Wohooo played GT5 the first time after the update. The "tuning parts buy mode" in the racing menu is such a great win! It will safe you billions of hours!

Now I hope we finally will see a car selection menu if we already are on the track menu, like in online mode! I hate to exit the track and all the menus, only to choose another car and go back again on the same track as I was racing before...

About the helmet and suits, hmm I don´t know... Yeah it gives you the feeling "huh cool I won something" but for me it is useless, exactly like the horns... Would be much better to get some nice price cars... 12 million credits for the Ferrari F1?? I want that car so much but would never "waste" 12 millions... Better they gave us such nice price cars...

That should fix this 4 sho

i noticed damage seems more responsive, also tracks seem slightly more contrasty, water in deep forest is now animated rather than static also high speed ring,

Well I'm content with the update, I can now install most of the upgrades from the settings menu, we get cars from the Seasonal Events now, The new seasonal event is actually a challenge this time, I hope they keep them that challenging from here on out, it feels more rewarding when I get $1,000,000 added to my wallet, and the suits where a nice touch. Really all I want now is more upgrade options, mainly carbon fiber doors and trunks, and maybe front and rear fenders too.

But this is one of the best updates so far 👍

i noticed damage seems more responsive, also tracks seem slightly more contrasty, water in deep forest is now animated rather than static also high speed ring,

What water? You mean that tiny river? Seems its static.

toolo4sno
Who in the hell was asking for new outfits and helmets. Last time I checked most GT5 gamers had penises. .................

It was something I wanted the moment the message popped up on day one that said "please select your driver, you cannot change this once selected"

Or something like that. I love customising stuff, and the way they have implemented getting helmets and Racesuits is brilliant! The Tine Trial events for instance now have a gold,silver, bronze time which all give rewards! Love it, best update so far!

And how did the AI improve?

I am basing this solely off of one Seasonal Ferrari F1 Race at Indy (Road Course). It only took 2 laps to get to P1. None of them posed a challenge or put up a fight. As far as I am concerned if the AI let's off the gas right when we are wheel to wheel (or before) then they aren't intelligent yet. I think they do it on the straights too.

I don't want to continue to complain about this update, because I am grateful for it. It's just that aside from racing PSN friends online; there aren't many features in the game left for me that are both fun and challenging. Like when you grind out to get all golds on License test. It's not really "fun", in a wow that was the most fun I've had playing video games kind of fun. It's more of a, man that was tough and I am glad I got that gold, and it's done. I want the AI to challenge me like racing a decent human racer online.

Again I am basing this only from one race in the Seasonal F1.

Is it possible that the F1 Seasonal wasn't included in the AI adjustment? They are so nitpicky with those two F1 cars already.

Last edited:
I have a soft spot for real sweet looking racing helmets, so I'm glad their included in GT5 now.

The AI:

I did a race in a stock Elise 111R (the one used for the new seasonals) and took it to the Nordschleife in a one-make-race.

This was the best race against AI I ever had in GT5. The cornering speeds ans also the braking points of the AI were almost human like (sometimes I felt like I was actually in a online race).

But after this I wanted to know if all the AI races have imroved and so I took a Nissan R89 Race-car on soft-racing tires to the Nürburgring GP course (one-make race).

It was a big disapiontment because I pulled away from the opponents right from the start and ended after 5 laps with a lead of 12 seconds.

They did not even try to follow me...

My conclusion is that perhaps there is an AI improvement after the patch but it only applies to some cars/configurations/tires...

Special Online Event Campaign

* For a limited time, all event prizes will be tripled, and all cars appearing in the Online Collector's Dealership will be brand new (0 mileage) and at half price

Anyone know when it will end?

RedBullRacer
C-ZETA... Where is the online event campaign? I cannot find it :(

It's just in the game. The money for the seasonal events has been tripled and all cars in the OCD are half price and 0 km.

Latest Posts

Back