Update 1.10 (and 1.11) Undocumented Changes Thread

• Thread starter Ameer67
  • 579 comments
Is the garage limit still 500 cars? I haven't been able to get the update yet because of the massive size, so I thought I'd ask.

my original response was related to having a button to release the stored energy not about how it was generated;) but you probably didn't even look at what I was responding to.
No, it wasn't, you never spoke about such button, I did.
I read and understood it:

my understanding is that in previous years the KERS (Kinetic energy recovery system) was deployed manually but this year they are calling it ERSK (Energy recovery system kinetic) which is fully automatic, it uses 2 electric motors (1 on the turbo and 1 on the driveline) electric power is used to spool the turbo and to control overboost as well as being delivered through the drivetrain .
KERS isn't manual or "deployed manually". The energy accumulated through KERS is, by the push to pass button.

A kinetic energy recovery system is an automotive system for recovering a moving vehicle's kinetic energy under braking. The recovered energy is stored for later use under acceleration.

KERS and ERS -not ERKS- are both automatic, ERS just gives more power than KERS: http://somersf1.blogspot.fr/2013/01/2014s-power-units-16-v6-turbos-with-ers.html

Does a wind turbine accumulate energy manually? ;)

More customization shouldn't be decken for granted so thanks PD great job so far improving.

Does one get banned for a terrible pun?
you can :P

What does "Decken" mean?
"Decken" in german means "cover"... (by google translate :D )
cover, roof
copulate, mate
spread, set a table
cover up, disguise, hide, conceal
deck, floor of a ship
full set of playing cards
blanket, bed covering, casing, quilt
ceiling, overhead wall enclosing a room
spread, cover
tegument
layer, stratum, bed

Last edited:
cover, roof; copulate, mate; spread, set a table; cover up, disguise, hide, conceal

deck, floor of a ship: full set of playing cards

blanket, bed covering, casing, quilt; ceiling, overhead wall enclosing a room; spread, cover; tegument; layer, stratum, bed
I'm gonna say it's the first one.

Perhaps carbon fiber roofs? Louvers? Antennae? Sunroofs? Convertable up or down?:)

These three are making my brain itch
Group_CarNumber.Car Number
Group_Decken.DriverNumber
Group_WindowSticker.WindowSticker

After thinking about it I realized that the Decken are likely vinyl covers, kind of like the vinyls on those RM cars that PD create and apply and it comes in 5 designs. Looks like you can change and rotate the font style for the numbers. From what Whistle Snap posted this looks like an editor, look at the commands the Group_xxx.xxx means you can put multiple into one group and manipulate kind of like Forza's grouping of layers. I'm not certain but this really does sound like Livery Editor to me. Let the speculation begin. This is what I think, nothing about it is from PD or anyone else, just me reading and going off what wording and command lines I saw in the post.

Racecar all the things indeed PD. Me thinks these race numbers and window decals are the first steps towards a proper livery editor in GT7 or late GT6.

Haha late GT6. I don't know why I thought this was so funny... but it made me think of GT as a tv show and each iteration as a season and each update as an episode...

"next time on Gran Turismo! Paintable break calipers!"

It all adds up:
  • First we get infinite use paint chips on car bodies and wheels for most of the machines.
  • Second we get customizable wings for most of the street cars.
  • Now we get customizable numbers for most of the premium cars, expanding upon the option available already for base models and special PD liveried racecars.
  • Oh, and paintable brake calipers for racing brakes.
  • And in the future perhaps custom window decals, of which are already present on the 25th anniversary special cars.
  • And also, base model racecars, which have similar levels of customization to the other cars in the game.

More customization shouldn't be decken for granted so thanks PD great job so far improving.

Does one get banned for a terrible pun?
Cross your fingers you don't get 40 lashes.

My MP4 is pushing more on corner exits, to the point that I'm forcing the tail out to get a good angle for the straights to follow. Is it all in my head or may they have futzed with MRs again? (Dead stock no oil change on CS without ABS, BB from 6/7 to 5/7 for the aforementioned slip.)

Decken means in German as much as:

put on something about something broad
provided [to protect] with some covering
(upscale) be spread [as protection] about something, be something, cover

Not sure if it's been said yet, but the N2O icon still flashes like it did in 1.09. I don't have any pictures, but I was using the 15th Anniversary GT40 at Silverstone International when I noticed it if someone wants to test it.
No it isnt for me. I played it every time and didnt notice the bug sonce the patch. I could swear for you.

Maybe try restarting.

Decken means in German as much as:

put on something about something broad
provided [to protect] with some covering
(upscale) be spread [as protection] about something, be something, cover
So basically some sort of a very basic / primitive livery "editor"

Better than nothing :D

Back