Update 1.10 (and 1.11) Undocumented Changes Thread

• Thread starter Ameer67
  • 579 comments
What is a skybox change ??? I don't understand the term
I think it means the environment in terms of lighting and the sky itself. In the two images linked it shows different clouds and different lighting.

Please, anyone correct me if I'm wrong though as I'm not 100% certain.

I think it means the environment in terms of lighting and the sky itself. In the two images linked it shows different clouds and different lighting.

Please, anyone correct me if I'm wrong though as I'm not 100% certain.
I know the clouds are dynamic on stages you can change the time so coulda are almost never the same ? Still confused a bit but it don't take much

I know the clouds are dynamic on stages you can change the time so coulda are almost never the same ? Still confused a bit but it don't take much
I think it is more the environmental lighting then? If you look at the two images then the lighting is very different. That said it could well have something to do with the day/night changes/ weather changes if the track has them...

1406266925-recentral-2014-07-25-07-26-01-23.png

In fullscreen view, you can rotate your car left or right as you wish.

FYI this can also be done on Garage View when you change numbers.

Also i can confirm that all hybrid and electric cars have electric meter. Check for yourself.

lol, small HDD's.

I had to replace the one that came with my PS3, I have over 250 GB of free space, I say bring 'em on!

But not all at once, my internet would hate me.

I think it is more the environmental lighting then? If you look at the two images then the lighting is very different. That said it could well have something to do with the day/night changes/ weather changes if the track has them...

Or it could be taken at two different times the HUD is missing in first picture with the clock showing the time , I dunno sorry for going off topic

What is a skybox change ??? I don't understand the term, I read it as if its got a new Skyhd box :banghead:

A skybox, in a computer graphics context at least, is the texture used to display the sky. It's probably a bit of an outdated term in some games but in the old days the sky was just a big cube surrounding the map with pictures of a sky painted on it (hence it was literally a sky box), these days it's all dynamic with volumetric clouds and all that sort of thing. Basically when someone says "the skybox has changed", they mean the appearance of the sky is different, regardless of whether the skybox is an actual box or not, in this case it might be that they've enabled or changed the dynamic sky stuff for that track or something. I haven't actually been on the Red Bull Ring yet so I have no idea.

A skybox, in a computer graphics context at least, is the texture used to display the sky. It's probably a bit of an outdated term in some games but in the old days the sky was just a big cube surrounding the map with pictures of a sky painted on it (hence it was literally a sky box), these days it's all dynamic with volumetric clouds and all that sort of thing. Basically when someone says "the skybox has changed", they mean the appearance of the sky is different, regardless of whether the skybox is an actual box or not, in this case it might be that they've enabled or changed the dynamic sky stuff for that track or something. I haven't actually been on the Red Bull Ring yet so I have no idea.
Thanks bro I have been educated :)👍

Seems like the custom number can only be applied to Premium cars and sadly not to the SLS GT3, don't get that at all aside from the car having no livery and no number so it looks out of place in a line up. I race GT3 cars regularly and this car is nice but looks bad with zero identifying marks like the couple of Audi R8 cars. Come on, what sort of weird limitation is that?!? Just came from running through cars to see which can get numbers applied to them.
Is it me or did Tokyo 246 get a change in the sky, there are absolutely no clouds in the sky at all now not sure if it was always like that or not.

Number application does not work on race cars that have no numbers on them, this includes the SLS GT3, Team Oreca R8, R8 LMS Ultra, Shelby Daytona Coupe. Absolutely does not work on standard cars I have tried, waaaah. Oh well.

Last edited:
Seems like the custom number can only be applied to Premium cars and sadly not to the SLS GT3, don't get that at all aside from the car having no livery and no number so it looks out of place in a line up. I race GT3 cars regularly and this car is nice but looks bad with zero identifying marks like the couple of Audi R8 cars. Come on, what sort of weird limitation is that?!? Just came from running through cars to see which can get numbers applied to them.
Is it me or did Tokyo 246 get a change in the sky, there are absolutely no clouds in the sky at all now not sure if it was always like that or not.

Number application does not work on race cars that have no numbers on them, this includes the SLS GT3, Team Oreca R8, R8 LMS Ultra, Shelby Daytona Coupe. Absolutely does not work on standard cars I have tried, waaaah. Oh well.
There is a thread for that discussion buddy 👍

Back