Update 1.13 is here, fixes sound/crashing bugs

Are mics enabled in those lobbies? If so, that's why.

Really?

Another thing that needs to be fixed...

I tried to use my custom music but once i joined a lobby it changed to original, and I never heard my music again.

:(

Really?

Another thing that needs to be fixed...

I tried to use my custom music but once i joined a lobby it changed to original, and I never heard my music again.

:(

It's been like that since GT5. It may be by design due to memory issues when in an online lobby.

Sees users write complaints about update. Complains about complainers complaining about said update that maybe one of the 'promised' monthly updates.

GTPlanet.

Really it's good that PD corrected the bugs and glitches from 1.12. But if that is all and we have to wait till next month, HA! Logging out again so I won't build frustration in the coming weeks (Toko style). Bye bye people. :sly:
See you in in November...

Along with the 'sound bug' update comes the 'DISPLAY DRIVER NAME' update.

Some time after gt6 was released, an update came that had an option to turn off the name display that halos each of your opponents, leaving you with much better visibility and one less distraction. However, each time you enter a room, even though it was still set to 'off' you had to switch it to 'on', then 'off' again. After the update, your selection is set to default.

In case you didn't know, you can turn off driver names by going to:
watch race/ options/ display driver name/ [off]

Sorry if this has been brought up; I could only read so many posts b!+c#!ng and moaning about one thing or the other (isn't there a thread for that?)

Along with the 'sound bug' update comes the 'DISPLAY DRIVER NAME' update.

Some time after gt6 was released, an update came that had an option to turn off the name display that halos each of your opponents, leaving you with much better visibility and one less distraction. However, each time you enter a room, even though it was still set to 'off' you had to switch it to 'on', then 'off' again. After the update, your selection is set to default.

In case you didn't know, you can turn off driver names by going to:
watch race/ options/ display driver name/ [off]

Sorry if this has been brought up; I could only read so many posts b!+c#!ng and moaning about one thing or the other (isn't there a thread for that?)

Yeah this has been in for awhile. I am glad it is there, but I hate how they bury it in 'watch race' option which makes it nearly impossible to turn off in Quick Match lobbies as you rarely get a chance to watch a race in QM to be able to turn it off. It should be a global setting that can be turned on/off in the game's main settings.

I'm now experiencing a loading bug, which I hadn't experienced in version 1.12. I click Start Race. The game basically stalls for about 5 minutes and then finally loads the race. It oddly seems to coincide with the menu music. It other words it plays to the end of the song twice and then starts loading the race.

I'm guessing I'm the only one experiencing this, as there aren't any other complaints about it listed here. The thought of spending 4 hours waiting for things to reinstall and update again isn't pleasant. I think I'll just wait the occasional 5 minutes instead. :(

I'm guessing I'm the only one experiencing this, as there aren't any other complaints about it listed here. The thought of spending 4 hours waiting for things to reinstall and update again isn't pleasant. I think I'll just wait the occasional 5 minutes instead. :(

Furthermore, it may not be a guaranteed fix.

I was trying to play some crusing lobbies with my custom soundtrack but game keeps switching to original music when I enter the lobby. Is anyone having same problem?
It's been doing this, only sometimes personal BGM music plays online. It's really just a single player thing I guess

It's been doing this, only sometimes personal BGM music plays online. It's really just a single player thing I guess
I was listening personal BGM for like 3 months in every lobby till today. Now it´s getting like 2 or 3 joins to play it.

I was listening personal BGM for like 3 months in every lobby till today. Now it´s getting like 2 or 3 joins to play it.
Whaaaat? 3 months? Lucky. I've had to join a few lobbies until my music plays ever since I got GT6.

- Fixed an issue wherein it was not possible to download and playback replays from the online rankings board after entering an event

This does not appear to be fixed as I am still having the same problem I had before the update. It is still very laggy and still hangs. Sometimes if I sit there are try it after 3 or 4 attempts I'm finally able to download the replay. On times where the replay won't load, I get this strange message saying an Ethernet cable has been unplugged. :odd: That's definitely not the case otherwise I wouldn't be able to get online and play at all obviously. Never had any of these problems until the update and then the following update in their attempt to fix their mess. PD seems to be getting more and more incompetent as time goes by. :dunce: Almost every Seasonal now comes with some sort of bug/glitch/programming error. :rolleyes: What a 🤬 mess. :mad:

Can anyone inform me exactly when and where PD committed to monthly updates?

This is the closest I could find: http://www.polygon.com/2014/6/27/5849442/gran-turismo-6-update-almost-every-month-not-dlc

Yamauchi said that on average, the dev is "going through" one-to-two updates per month.

Here's another lie about receiving a new downloadable track every month: https://www.gtplanet.net/gran-turismo-6-tracks-dlc-monthly/

as Taku confirms that “at least one additional track per month will be downloadable.”

And here's yet another lie about how the community club features were going to go live in January: https://www.gtplanet.net/gt6-launch-event-reveals-x2014-intro-movie-january-update-deltawing-more/

New Community Club features will not go live until January.

I hadn't played all week until last night and in swear the FFb felt better on the G27. Only drove the 97T for a few hours. Had a bigger deadzone when I turned it on until I adjusted things. Afterwards, it felt a bit better. Not per 1.12 hotfix, but better. They definitely did something. At least for G27s IMO.

I have a theory this problem is not a bug. It could be because of the different NAT connections people have. Anyone have thoughts on this??

It's possible but that wouldn't explain why it sometimes 'fixes' when those that can't see everyone leave and rejoin the lobby.

I'm sure NAT is likely some kind of factor though, but it's more likely a bandwidth issue between some of the peers. Somebody on a previous thread suggested setting rooms up with Fixed Host (which apparently simplifies the networking to a client/host model rather than the P2P/distributed model) but to be honest I've never really had a problem with either mode though I have a good solid connection.

e.g. I have a 50/20 connection so can host 16 player rooms at Very high Quality, but others on a low b/w connection, e.g a friend on 2/0.5 often have players that can't seem to see others and if people leaving and returning doesn't fix it, occassionally he has to restart the room to fix it.

To think there will be enough people left playing this game in January 2015 to make use of the community options is a bit.............ambitious.
GT5 lasted that long, but there is so much angst that there were thousands of devoted GT fans who will no longer touch the game...you're probably right.

GT5 lasted that long, but there is so much angst that there were thousands of devoted GT fans who will no longer touch the game...you're probably right.
The other night it was prime gaming time but I only had 1 friend online. There is/will be a shift to the PS4 and I think that we are fast approaching the point where releasing the community features will be pointless.

The other night it was prime gaming time but I only had 1 friend online. There is/will be a shift to the PS4 and I think that we are fast approaching the point where releasing the community features will be pointless.
The inevitable wave of new PS4 players will case major issues. They probably could not have picked a worse time to be a cluster funk of a company.

Hey man I could not agree more, with GT5 on any given night I had at LEAST 15 to 25 friends online playing GT5, last night only 3 playing and not even online in a lobby. I feel like with all the issues, lack of new content and PS4 and games like Pcars, GTA5 and DriveClub releasing, I think PD might be a day late and a dollar short. Now with the course creator, new "real" cars, real life tracks, GPS course creator and community features might bring some back to play but I feel they are going to be short lived as after a day or so they will be running back to the better graphics and new released games for the PS4. Sad really. I look for a room to join and it's either drag on Indy, drift, car shows/cruising, thousand horsepower racing soft rooms, or rooms with only two or three people in them. Sad really. I remember GT5 sometimes rooms use to be so full that you used to have to wait until someone leaves or write a message to your friend host to kick somebody so you can join,:lol:. Sometimes with GT6 you be lucky if you don't get disconnected with a room of six people. Sad really.

Guys, you assume too much. Just because they released a (completely necessary) update that had no extra content, does that mean we're not getting another one this month? Has PD said we're not getting anything? No. You can complain on November 1st.

Guys, you assume too much. Just because they released a (completely necessary) update that had no extra content, does that mean we're not getting another one this month? Has PD said we're not getting anything? No. You can complain on November 1st.
Agreed. This update was completely necessary since PD can't code or properly test before releasing anything.

I don't count the number or frequency of updates, but rather the follow through with promised content updates including but not limited to the "shortly after release" features. That's where I draw issue. The release content of GT6 should have been GT5 Spec 3 with GT6 coming out guns a blazing on the PS4. The debacle that is GT6, to this point, proves that Kaz/PD still don't get it.

This is the closest I could find: http://www.polygon.com/2014/6/27/5849442/gran-turismo-6-update-almost-every-month-not-dlc

Here's another lie about receiving a new downloadable track every month: https://www.gtplanet.net/gran-turismo-6-tracks-dlc-monthly/

And here's yet another lie about how the community club features were going to go live in January: https://www.gtplanet.net/gt6-launch-event-reveals-x2014-intro-movie-january-update-deltawing-more/

'average' and 'almost' are not very convincing. And PD never said one per month. That was a Sony US employee so involved with the development he works on a different continent.

Was playing fine this morning. Went to race RBX at Silverstone and sound drops in and out and screen frozen.

Latest Posts

Back