Update 1.14 has Arrived! M4, Revamped Suzuka, Community Features

• Thread starter Ameer67
  • 655 comments
Set your dynamic range setting to small theatre. The boosted bass at idle is triggering the compressor and your speakers don't reproduce bass.
thanks for the advice
but i'm already on what's probably small theater
in game options are normal, theater and cinema

and it's not my tiny speakers because as i said:
if i'm in the lobby, and someone is in the pitlane, i hear a loud sound with heavy bass from his car
same with a replay, so it's not my system(ok not the best to reproduce bass), it's the sound code
but when i go into the same car i don't hear the same sound
it's linked to the same thing as you hear better other cars than yours

yesterday we joked about it in the lobby and someone said:
maybe they simulate the fact that you have an helmet on and ear noise protectors :lol:

i'll try all the options and see if it improve the "in car" sound

i confirm that idling motor sound is almost dead, can't hear much in any of the views
i first though that the BMW M4M had a stop/start motor system ..
it's maybe because i only use the tiny speakers from the tv
but i don't think it's that because if i'm in lobby and someone is in the pitlane with let's say a XJ13
the sound is loud and great, i hear what it must be and i want it
i go into the same car and ... beeeeehhhhh ? where is the motor ?

they improved a bit but there is still a lot of work to do ..

i guess it's like i said,
throw everything through the window and start from scratch ..

There is something wrong with your game, I have the same game and my cars rumble at idle. Check your settings, first ensure that your PS3 audio is set to match your Home Theater system settings. Mine is set to LCPCM 5.1 44kHz, 48kHz also DD5.1 as many of my games use these settings only the odd weird game might have strange popping sounds from the TV, then I just kill TV audio from the Home Theater system and only out through speakers. Then go back to your game and into options to check for what GT6 is outputting as it will show you and it will be automatically highlighted, usually LCPCM 5.1 48kHz. I suggest you set your speaker settings in GT6 to small theater or normal, these offer the most centralized sound and not wide like large theater mode. I've been using my 5.1 1000w system for over 7 years and my system has given me joy, works great with anything I pipe through it including cable programming and Xbox 360.

Check your settings first, don't go assuming until you have tried all avenues to ensure that nothing is wrong on your end. A lot of sound problems are usually because of improper audio setup especially when using HDMI, PS3 can output a ridiculous amount of audio streams.

Edit
I just read another post of yours and you're speaking about hearing the car idle while inside it? Is this varied for different cars? I just tried various cars and I can hear idle clearly in any view from interior to roof cam, 3rd person to bumper cam. It's all there. The HSV is suffering from no exhaust or engine sounds in bumper and interior cam, seems like a bug that affects a lot. It still has engine idle in the other views though.

Thanks, I am wondering if they will add that feature back in from GT5 though. I used to like sharing my favorite cars for others to use.

I doubt that will come back as it's pointless in GT6 since you can buy any car in the game from the store absolutely no reason to lend anyone a car, there are enough credits floating around from seasonals and other things to make money to pay for them. I wouldn't hold my breath as it's not needed in this game at all also people were exploiting it to basically get free cars by borrowing it and the lender would remove it from the share and the borrower would have a free car to use.

Last edited:
VBR
Maybe I should have used the word "talented" in stead of "professional".

:sly:
You have nothing to judge their talent on, since the samples in the game are made to PS1 specs.

Having seen how the new method is characterised and heard how the Viziv sounds, I'd say they're more talented than your typical sound designers, if only in respect of their knowledge of how cars make sound. They set the physical parameters that characterise the engine: cam timing, firing order etc. then set about configuring the exhaust and intake, balancing flow noise, feedback and filtering ("silencing / muffling") balance the damping on the rasp effect whose frequencies are affected by the exhaust geometry etc. It's a bit more involved than generating loops and setting blending boundaries.

What we've got in GT6, viz. the Viziv, is not even the complete version.
thanks for the advice
but i'm already on what's probably small theater
in game options are normal, theater and cinema

and it's not my tiny speakers because as i said:
if i'm in the lobby, and someone is in the pitlane, i hear a loud sound with heavy bass from his car
same with a replay, so it's not my system(ok not the best to reproduce bass), it's the sound code
but when i go into the same car i don't hear the same sound
it's linked to the same thing as you hear better other cars than yours

yesterday we joked about it in the lobby and someone said:
maybe they simulate the fact that you have an helmet on and ear noise protectors :lol:

i'll try all the options and see if it improve the "in car" sound
As above, make sure both GT6 and your PS3 are set to stereo output, because that's all you have.

Last edited:
I have just been driving the updated Suzuka and it's probably just me but the track seems a bit wider.
It feels the same to me on most places except the Hitachi Corner, the track is also smoother and the first corner feels a bit more banked. My favorite change is the paved inside of the Spoon Curve.

Have been very negative on GT6 for the past months but I see the improvements as well and this seems a really decent update.

+1 deserved PD 👍

It's not just a good update, but a positive marker for the future. The sounds will only get better, especially considering PDI's recent recruitment drive. These community features will be expanded upon in subsequent games, too. As good as this update is, I'm more excited about what it signifies for GT7.

It feels the same to me on most places except the Hitachi Corner, the track is also smoother and the first corner feels a bit more banked. My favorite change is the paved inside of the Spoon Curve.
The scenery, camber, slope and parallax - the overall sense of place, has been markedly improved, I think. It's probably because they refined down from so much extra detail, starting with PS4 assets.

You guys, @Niku Driver HC and @fifomaniak, really care about with a 'broken' Suzuka?

It's not that I can't live without a "broken Suzuka" Dimassa, it's just strange that PD goes through the effort of upgrading Suzuka, but not update the alternative layouts. The alternative layouts are now outdated because of the new Suzuka version, and if PD uses them for future events, people will notice that.

It's not that I can't live without a "broken Suzuka" Dimassa, it's just strange that PD goes through the effort of upgrading Suzuka, but not update the alternative layouts. The alternative layouts are now outdated because of the new Suzuka version, and if PD uses them for future events, people will notice that.
Right...by the way, you liked the new set of replay angles? (now is 4 laps of cicle)

You have nothing to judge their talent on, since the samples in the game are made to PS1 specs.

Having seen how the new method is characterised and heard how the Viziv sounds, I'd say they're more talented than your typical sound designers, if only in respect of their knowledge of how cars make sound. They set the physical parameters that characterise the engine: cam timing, firing order etc. then set about configuring the exhaust and intake, balancing flow noise, feedback and filtering ("silencing / muffling") balance the damping on the rasp effect whose frequencies are affected by the exhaust geometry etc. It's a bit more involved than generating loops and setting blending boundaries.

What we've got in GT6, viz. the Viziv, is not even the complete version.

Regardless of all the technical mumbo jumbo, they still sound bad.

How can I support a system that can't even delete the last horrendous download update.

I mean come on, Grand Theft Auto V has a separate available update that I can download on it's own. Why should I be forced to update a graphically large amount of updates if I miscalculate one download. I live in an area that doesn't' have an unlimited amount of data, so that already killed about half of those ridiculous updates that was just to have a high definition video that was just there for the beuaty that Polyphony thought that they had to absolutely added to the 'game'.

Not sure if this was mentioned, but censorship has reached a new peak. Typed in "Takumi" when wanted to descripe the photo of a AE86 and the game made "Ta***i" out of it :banghead:

Not sure if this was mentioned, but censorship has reached a new peak. Typed in "Takumi" when wanted to descripe the photo of a AE86 and the game made "Ta***i" out of it :banghead:

I've noticed this as well, found myself adding many periods or butchering my original sentence lately, more so than usual.

But I will admit, sound delivery is making progress, samples still leave much to be desired though.

I've run the World Circuit Tour IB back to back 4 times. The cars will be DTM, TOURING CARS, GT300 as the fast group with Rally, Super Taikyu/Super Touring Cars as the slow group.

The car I'm using is the M4 Coupe(normal version)515pp, 408hp, SS tyres, Full custom suspension, Full custom transmission 3.154 Final Gear using only first six gears without modifying each gear; stock diff standard flywheel & prop shaft; power 87.8% with Racing Exhaust as only mod, no oil change; 1360kg weight reduction A, 8kg ballast and Windows weight reduction.

When I am behind AI and flash the lights, I notice the AI directly ahead and a few cars up will accelerate. Each time I flash the lights, the AI brake later, take advantage of drafting(even when behind me) and will defend under braking.

When I have not flashed the lights at all, from the start of new races, the AI are "surprised". The car directly ahead will speed up and we both gain on the cars ahead. By this time, the cars ahead are passed by both of us as being "caught unaware" and its too late to defend.
I have come 2nd and even 4th, repeatedly, when flashing to pass and have come 1st each time I did not flash in the series. I did, however, find the lead car accelerate from the 4th and 5th laps to the finish.

The last race race I completed, I was brake checked at Spa midlap, and was able to catch up at the final chicane to win by 0.058.

I'm not taking this as an update to AI, but I've never paid attention to this "reaction" from AI.

Back