Update 1.14 has Arrived! M4, Revamped Suzuka, Community Features

• Thread starter Ameer67
  • 655 comments
VBR
I really don't like the cockpit sounds anymore. The filter they've put it through sounds like I'm trapped inside a cheap plastic barrel, It sounds very harsh & digital imo. It was a good idea poorly executed. Maybe it's time to hire a professional sound designer rather than getting someone in-house to do it.

👎
PD have several professional sound designers, in-house.
The issue is the effect isn't intended for samples. It's like reverbing a reverb: doesn't work.
lol pretend the scooby is a ufo ferrari but dont work that way , when u driven that engine over 45 thousand miles you tune into it. you really have to own one to appreciate it ... i know what your saying though :)
I'd wager none of those miles were done with only the exhaust audible? The intake sound on a boxer 4 is very important to the overall impression. Until GT gets intake sounds, it's going to struggle to deliver the right level of impact with enough nuance.

Just installed the update, I am speechless regarding the community features. They are fantastic! Along with the GT5 community things you get have clubs and even forums for your clubs! Great work PD! They set the bar extremely high with this!

I've only got one bit of negativity for my favorite thing on GT6, Community. I would like to see who is in my club and would like the power to 'kick' people out or have some sort of filtering system before some one is allowed in, like needing approval from the Club Owner before joining, something that will definitely make a difference to how a club is run.

Also, Community in web feels seamless and quick.

The console itself on the other hand.....
I haven't had a chance to try it on the web but from my experience with it on console it can be slow at times but that only happens if;
a) You make rapid actions, going in and out of things.
b) You look at any pictures.

I've only got one bit of negativity for my favorite thing on GT6, Community. I would like to see who is in my club and would like the power to 'kick' people out or have some sort of filtering system before some one is allowed in, like needing approval from the Club Owner before joining, something that will definitely make a difference to how a club is run.
You can do that from the granturismo.com webpage.

When I search for new community clubs through the web version it only finds Japanese clubs, is anyone else having this problem?

Jep ,same here with online browser. When looking recomended and new clubs it shows only those from Japan , but when in GT6/PS3 it shows clubs from my region . Probably netcode error . You need to go into custom search ,define region there and do manual search.

PD have several professional sound designers, in-house.
The issue is the effect isn't intended for samples. It's like reverbing a reverb: doesn't work.
I'd wager none of those miles were done with only the exhaust audible? The intake sound on a boxer 4 is very important to the overall impression. Until GT gets intake sounds, it's going to struggle to deliver the right level of impact with enough nuance.

Hence i said it didn't sound like a Subaru :D or specifically a Ej20 engine fingers crossed one day all cars will sound nice even if its not 100% correct `

i confirm that idling motor sound is almost dead, can't hear much in any of the views
i first though that the BMW M4M had a stop/start motor system ..
it's maybe because i only use the tiny speakers from the tv
but i don't think it's that because if i'm in lobby and someone is in the pitlane with let's say a XJ13
the sound is loud and great, i hear what it must be and i want it
i go into the same car and ... beeeeehhhhh ? where is the motor ?

they improved a bit but there is still a lot of work to do ..

i guess it's like i said,
throw everything through the window and start from scratch ..

I can't get an event started in my club. I set up the description and the times but the create button is still grey and it doesn't let me create an event (at least not from the webpage) Does it work from the game?

So happy we can choose sound source presets, I've been wanting this for ages. Now if they'd let us save a custom user preset by letting us select levels for the various sound elements, wind, engine, exhaust, transmission etc.

The only bummer is my 500gb PS3 is freezing up 2 - 3 times a night, at random when confirming a restart on seasonals.

i confirm that idling motor sound is almost dead, can't hear much in any of the views
but i don't think it's that because if i'm in lobby and someone is in the pitlane with let's say a XJ13

Set your dynamic range setting to small theatre. The boosted bass at idle is triggering the compressor and your speakers don't reproduce bass.

So loving the new update so far, but I have a question regarding sharing cars. It isn't like GT5 where we could actually let people use our shared cars is it? If someone already posted about this, my apologies. If so, I haven't found an option.

So loving the new update so far, but I have a question regarding sharing cars. It isn't like GT5 where we could actually let people use our shared cars is it? If someone already posted about this, my apologies. If so, I haven't found an option.

I can help: the whole sharing comes from the Community option, that involves you sharing your favorite cars as if they were Facebook posts (sort of). It adds a picture of the car and then posts your description of it. It doesn't mean people can drive them, it's just a way of letting them know what are your favorite cars.

Hope this helps. :)👍

Thanks, I am wondering if they will add that feature back in from GT5 though. I used to like sharing my favorite cars for others to use.

I sort of forgot about it, but I do see your concern. I do also wonder why did PD remove that feature from the game, perhaps a issue with the game's perfomance. I don't really know, it's another GT mystery... It was cool to use, especially for tuners, because it meant they could share their tunes for test drivers to check them out.

I sort of forgot about it, but I do see your concern. I do also wonder why did PD remove that feature from the game, perhaps a issue with the game's perfomance. I don't really know, it's another GT mystery... It was cool to use, especially for tuners, because it meant they could share their tunes for test drivers to check them out.

Maybe in the future along with wallpapers for our background. As it is now I love the community features more than GT5 community features. I like how it feels more involving and connects others with the club feature. Really does feel like Facebook GT6....in a good way though.:cool:

Get some headphones, or at least a better sound system.

Good headphones add depth and bass to the sound, "tiny tv speakers" are not gonna cut it.

You won't look back trust me.

Don't pass judgement until you can actually hear everything, all my cars seem to have a very low rumble to them at idle, it sounds great. Your TV speakers won't be able to pick up that frequency.

Back