Update 1.14 Undocumented Changes Thread

@Johnnypenso the "Speed of sound" effect in replay 3rd person (as in, when the car is further away, the sound is progressively further off from the telemetry data, basically meaning that you would hear downshifts a split second after they took place both visually (backfire) and based off of on screen telemetry) has been removed.
I wasn't sure if I noticed anything in that regard, and to be honest it never really occurred to me to be something PD would change. If they have, that's a bit of buffer space freed up for something...
It's also another large change to the audio pipeline, unless it was done to facilitate the cabin coloration effect.

I can't test it myself at the moment, but will report back when I have, if corroboration is still required by that time.

If anyone else noticed the delay between visual events and their sounds before (braking, crashes, afterfire etc.), please check whether it's still there. :)

I have experienced a delay in sounds from day 1 and I got the game the day it released. I get collision sounds without collision, I get collision sounds on rumble strips and sometimes no sounds. This is not all the time maybe every sixth race or so, for me there has been no change.

I have experienced a delay in sounds from day 1 and I got the game the day it released. I get collision sounds without collision, I get collision sounds on rumble strips and sometimes no sounds. This is not all the time maybe every sixth race or so, for me there has been no change.
That sounds like something else, like the missing engine and / or tyre sounds some people get every now and then.

We're talking more about replays, and distant sounds coming long after visual evidence of distant events.

It's PD's simulation of what I call "transmission delay", relativistic physicists call the "runtime effect", and is in this case due to the speed of sound being finite, and quite slow, relatively speaking.

That sounds like something else, like the missing engine and / or tyre sounds some people get every now and then.

We're talking more about replays, and distant sounds coming long after visual evidence of distant events.

It's PD's simulation of what I call "transmission delay", relativistic physicists call the "runtime effect", and is in this case due to the speed of sound being finite, and quite slow, relatively speaking.
Just as a reference light travels ~874,837 times faster than sound under their respective perfect circumstances.

I can confirm that my occasional stutter on Sierra is gone. I had not played for a while because the I really disliked the force feedback after playing other sims. Seems the force feedback has been vastly improved in the last few patches along with many other things. Enough to have me hotlapping again ! Glad I checked !

I've watched a couple of videos of 1.14 (still can't play the game), and the speed of sound simulation does indeed appear to no longer be present.

I'm pretty sure it was still there in 1.13.

Has someone mentioned when driving close to AI cars, the sound of your car gets drowned out?
Change your sound setting to cockpit. That helps.

----

Before the update, you couldn't export a replay longer than 45ish minuets, but now you can. I just exported a 1 hour long replay.

So has the 100mb export limit been passed then?
Oh, is it 100mb? I just remember the message "the replay has stopped recording"(or whatever is said) would always come up around 45 min into a race. But I think I remember this replay being 98mb.

I'll check some 2-3 hour replays I have tomorrow.

Oh, is it 100mb? I just remember the message "the replay has stopped recording"(or whatever is said) would always come up around 45 min into a race. But I think I remember this replay being 98mb.

I'll check some 2-3 hour replays I have tomorrow.
Yep it's 100. I have no clue what that message comes up for. It still goes on after 45 minutes. I'm pretty sure it was limited at 100 mb because of the GT3 series I recorded. Someone tried to send me the replay but it was not possible due to the limit.

Was the sunset/sunrise gradient touched up in previous updates ? It definitively doesn't look as bad as when I checked it last time but that was ages ago.

You can still see it at maximum time progression but nowhere near as before where you basically had several, thick lines of orange/yellow grades around the sun.

In simple words - it was very noticeable and now it isn't.

Last edited:
Not sure if its fit this thread but,

The stoppie glitch has returned people! (At least in Italian Seasonal)
View attachment 263345
View attachment 263346
View attachment 263348

Also present on the normal 500 in lesser extent. Not sure why its only happening on the 500.
Is this talking about AI/computer drivers doing stoppies? Because it seems like AI have super grippy tires. Seems weird that the AI can have perfect grip, especially going up hills, while if anyone has tried driving any car with assists off (especially RWD) going uphill, it's like you're driving on black ice.

Anyway... is this what causes the stoppies? Or is this actually.. you're the driver?

Hi

You can't look left or right when in the pits & sometimes your pit release is delayed a lot more than needed if other cars are in the pits at the same time.

Paul

The 6th is a Saturday, PD dont do weekend updates.
Maybe Friday or Monday, maybe not at all, who knows.

Also GT6 not even a year old & selling for £15.99 on PS store.

Noticed that earlier also Granturismo Hd 2.0 is available again for download

pb5
Hi

You can't look left or right when in the pits & sometimes your pit release is delayed a lot more than needed if other cars are in the pits at the same time.

Paul
Oh yeah, that's a change from the update. But the reason for being held in your box is because you were speeding on pit entry. For example, tracks like Monza or Daytona(there are more, those are just what I know off the top of my head), if you enter the pits at full speed, your car will jump backwards and you will be held in your box.

Any I just checked a 3 hour, 228mb replay, and it was to big to export. So you're right @Ameer67

In the just released Red Bull Ring TT, the time of day is changed as opposed to 1500hours as it is normally. Will we see time change in the next update?

Edit: Its probably late afternoon/evening, as the shadows are cast from the left.

In the just released Red Bull Ring TT, the time of day is changed as opposed to 1500hours as it is normally. Will we see time change in the next update?

Edit: Its probably late afternoon/evening, as the shadows are cast from the left.
I noticed, it was 13:00 for me and it looked better than usual with the shadow placement and angular sun glare from my cockpit.

Yes. I use cockpit view as well and first thing I noticed is everything looks crisp. Sun shine onto the instrument panel looks nice. Well done.

I noticed, it was 13:00 for me and it looked better than usual with the shadow placement and angular sun glare from my cockpit.
Agreed. When I get to tight right turn after the long straight (Second after the start), the sun glares like it come straight from JJ Abrams movie.

Back