Update 1.14 Undocumented Changes Thread

The Sound!! In Drivers Eye View is Amazing. Everything that everybody already said but the best thing for me is, When you have a ding the engine sound doesn't disappear! :cool: That always put me off online races where prangs occur regularly, Always missed a gear or something. Gonna try find some ABS 0 lobbies or clubs now YAY :):gtpflag:;)

I made a comparison between Zonda's old (up) and new (down) texture:

pagani_zonda_r__09_by_gt6_garage_d71t5s7_by_gt6_garage-d872b16.png

Honda KEIHIN HSV-10 doesn't have engine sound from interior/bumper view (also changing onboard mic settings to these have same result). Only thing you can hear is gearbox whine, stop the car and it'll be silent.
I have two HSV's. Both no longer have engine sound after the update. It's terrible. I love those cars.

Yeah it

Yeah it's strange like,for example you can use the shifter on the r35 gtr but no clutch.

Yep, it works that way on a few cars, AMG SLS is another example, 458 I think, too. It's also how the Simbin games work regardless of car.

Thanks for the infos.:cheers: And sorry for the overenthusiastic post... I'll wait for a hypothetical future update and keep using shifter + clutch only for cruising, meanwhile. Too frustrating on races.

Have a nice drive everybody! :)

1.14 is resetting hacked cars
To expand upon this:
They're being reset by offline arcade mode. They do not reset unless they are used in an offline race. If they are used solely in an online lobby they do not get reset, and they even appear to be not modded to everyone else in the lobby (sound and looks). Seems like they would want the opposite to happen if they wanted to stop modded cars.

i wouldn't have used photo mode really as that looks better than in game but they certainly changed it for the worse mostly on the rear :(
i would have to disagree. The paint on it before was impossible to take photos of, and the bad bit a the rear is just where the sun i glaring of the paint to much. I definitely think it looks better :)

i would have to disagree. The paint on it before was impossible to take photos of, and the bad bit a the rear is just where the sun i glaring of the paint to much. I definitely think it looks better :)

I really think the back section looks a lot worse than the front portion. It looks like real carbon fiber up front and blurry, painted on material near the rear as stated earlier.

>> Movement is not fluid (low frame rate?) since update.

I don't know if anyone mentioned this, but am I the only one experiencing what it seems to me like reduced frame rate? I only notice it when I went to do the RedBull Championship. I notice that the road was showing a "strange effect" that was absolutely not there before. Anyone noticed it?

I thought it could have been the new sounds that were causing the lag, because redbull is too fast. But after that, I started looking more carefully, and it happens everywhere. Unless I'm being paranoid, even that flag that appears between the menu screen and race screen (kind of where the loading screen was before) appears to move in little jumps.

Can anyone confirm this?

but there is no paint it was bare carbon? i put a pic up as proof the rear is really low texture check the size of the texture weave the rear is huge weave the front has a tiny weave. if you painted you car it may be different

I don't know if anyone mentioned this, but am I the only one experiencing what it seems to me like reduced frame rate? I only notice it when I went to do the RedBull Championship. I notice that the road was showing a "strange effect" that was absolutely not there before. Anyone noticed it?

I thought it could have been the new sounds that were causing the lag, because redbull is too fast. But after that, I started looking more carefully, and it happens everywhere. Unless I'm being paranoid, even that flag that appears between the menu screen and race screen (kind of where the loading screen was before) appears to move in little jumps.

Can anyone confirm this?
Even on Sahara at 1080P the frame rate is rather smooth on my PS3 Slim 160.

Can anyone confirm this?
Did couple of junior and standard races to check the new sound (disappointed, no new sound) and didn't notice anting

Since one of the previous udates (really don't remember which one) you could not look back any more when in the pits during Nürburg 24' races (super).
You could only look left and right (and straight ahead).
Since this update, looking left and right is also no longer possible...

Back