Update 1.14 Undocumented Changes Thread

MIRACLE! The G27 works suddenly perfectly fine using the clutch with both new cars, the Subaru and the BMW safety car. I drove them on the Ring, fast and wild, kept my left hand on the wheel and the right one on the gear lever all the time and it was just a dream: never ever ended up on neutral constantly as always before.

Had to use the paddle for the 7th gear. :)

Tried 2-3 older cars... and found out that the problem remains unsolved for them. Seems to work only with these two new cars. But it means one thing to me: they can make it!

Did someone else made the same experience?
I don't think you missed a gear because the clutch doesn't work on either of these cars.

It appears the engine sounds around relative to your car has changed abit as the engine sound from your car is overpowered by the surrounding cars on the outer views.

Its a small change, but:

Seasonal Events are now sorted by the date they expire. Before this update they were sorted by the date they started. Noticed this when the A-spec races I hadn't done were moved to the right because they expire much quicker then the other seasonal events.

Sounds seem to be somewhat throttle based more than they used to. Rwd physics seem to be different, easier to drive and correct mistakes.

... I`m quite saddened and shocked by the fact that Alfa Romeo is missing from VGT, was really looking forward to my favorite brand featuring a VGT car.
I am hugely disappointed by this too. The sketches looks absolutely fantastic and it was arguably my most anticipated VGT project.
:(

I don't think you missed a gear because the clutch doesn't work on either of these cars.

Damn, you're right. I did not realize on the moment. The gear lever works wether you use the clutch or not. Odd, because usually you can't use it (the lever) with cars that have paddles on the wheel, I checked again with the Zonda R. :confused:

MoteC on Apricot Hill, many billboards around there

Apricot Hill.JPG

Every update brings with it the possibility of undocumented changes to the game. Please post any undocumented changes you find in after the 1.14 update and I'll update the OP regularly to reflect any changes found. Please also make a concerted effort to verify these changes and not just report unconfirmed rumours. If you need help from the community to verify something, don't be afraid to ask. Be as specific and detailed as you can with the information including a brief description of the bug or improvement before it was fixed/changed (if applicable) and how it was fixed. Poorly worded or cryptic posts will probably get passed over.

THIS IS NOT A DISCUSSION THREAD ABOUT THE PROS AND CONS OF THE UPDATE or anything else other than undocumented changes in the update. Confine those to the appropriate thread created by @Ameer67 please. Here you will find both details and discussion of the update:

New bugs, glitches, errors etc. should be recorded here: The Bugs and Glitches Thread

Undocumented Changes

• Widesweeping changes to the sound package including wind noise, reverb, road noise, proper directional sound sourcing and more. Video [URL="https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ed-changes-thread.319983/page-3#post-10244751"Expert analysis from @Griffith500[/URL]
  • Zonda R carbon pattern has been changed. Pics
  • GT-R Nismo 14' now paintable.
  • [News] menu now uses the community features interface.
  • Gran Turismoth type in the M4 TT corrected.
  • New car photo options.
  • When changing cameras in replays, you'll notice that the "cockpit view" has been renamed "driver's-eye view." NTSC versions of the game only as it's apparently always been "driver's-eye view" in PAL versions.
  • Fixed problems with viewing leaderboard speed and downloading of replays.
  • New Motec sponsor logos on Autumn Ring (no confirmation of other tracks)

@Johnnypenso For those who reached the "Driver's Name Change" limit: I can confirm that you can change your driver's name 3 more times after the installation of 1.14

Do you by any chance have a link of the story, @Jaywalker?

I`m quite saddened and shocked by the fact that Alfa Romeo is missing from VGT, was really looking forward to my favorite brand featuring a VGT car.

Here you go, mate... :)

I am hugely disappointed by this too. The sketches looks absolutely fantastic and it was arguably my most anticipated VGT project.
:(

Yea this update is a real update to me. Hopefully I can get some more time in, in the coming days.

I haven't played with my G25 in months

Yes losing the Alfa VGT is sad, but let's try and stick to Undocumented Changes please fellas. 👍

@Johnnypenso For those who reached the "Driver's Name Change" limit: I can confirm that you can change your driver's name 3 more times after the installation of 1.14
Does that mean it's 3 and only 3 more times, then you reach the limit again?

Didn't try it, but I guess it's like that. Before the 1.14 I had reached the limit, but after the installation the game let me change the name again.
I'll put it down then as a change, but not certain what the new limit is until someone tries to go past 3.

Whats going on with the zonda r .. from the front it looks bare carbon from the rear it looks painted ... also look like its got either tessellation going on around the rear lights or the whole model is shifting. May just paint it now as it look terrible :edit think i have found issue . the rear now uses low quality texture i will upload a pic soon
Red Bull Ring Short Track.jpg

Last edited:
Never posted here before and not even sure this is the right thread.

Picked up this new Vision Car yesterday, the Subaru... a good friend of mine pointed out that it drove like a Front Wheel Drive only, so out of curiosity I looked into this for her.

In the settings sheet there is only a Diff setting for the Front wheels and NO power limits to change the split diff either.

The info provided by PD state that this car should be 4WD like most Subaru's are.
Looks like PD have made a mess of this update concerning this new Vision Car.

Hopefully we can expect a patch shortly to correct this car.

Never posted here before and not even sure this is the right thread.

Picked up this new Vision Car yesterday, the Subaru... a good friend of mine pointed out that it drove like a Front Wheel Drive only, so out of curiosity I looked into this for her.

In the settings sheet there is only a Diff setting for the Front wheels and NO power limits to change the split diff either.

The info provided by PD state that this car should be 4WD like most Subaru's are.
Looks like PD have made a mess of this update concerning this new Vision Car.

Hopefully we can expect a patch shortly to correct this car.
Sup man, and welcome to GTPLANET. Because you're talking about the new Subaru Vision GT Car, I suppose this is the correct thread: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/subaru-viziv-gt-vision-gran-turismo-announced.319402/page-6.

When I was choosing a wheel for GT6 - I went for the Logitech G25 which gives me the options for using the H-pattern with clutch, Sequential shifting or Paddles for changing gears.

Now when I jump into a Premium car, I tend to quickly move into in-car view and see what the driver is doing with his hands - if he reaches down for the Gear shift then I can use the clutch and manually change gears.
If he reaches for the Sequential shift - I can change to that method also.
And Paddles for Paddles.

The only drawback to using clutch is when upgrading the Transmissions. Paddles are the only option then.

I just had a go at a bunch of different cars, including my stable of a quick M3 run around Nordschleife..

I agree that the T500 FFB seems a little smoother than I remember it, but really hard to be sure. If I had to describe the change it would be that they altered the relative strength of things withn the FFB, giving the feel of greater dynamic range between small and large forces, and thereby also giving a smoother feel when low forces are acting on the wheel.

I think some experimentation with FFB Max Torque and FFB Sensitivity would be in order to be sure (I left it at my usual 3/1).

Does anybody have any SSRX at night pics from 1.13? Because I believe 1.14 gave the high lamps enlarged circular lens flares now, I just need to see if I'm correct or not...

Back