Update 1.14 Undocumented Changes Thread

Are collision sounds different? Maybe I'm crazy, but I crash A LOT and this stood out to me.

The collision sounds seem to have less of a THUD and have more higher pitched sounds like cracking/breaking glass almost. It also seems like rear collisions and side-by-side rubbing have slightly differing sounds, as before I thought they used the same THUD sound.

:confused::confused::confused::confused:

Thanks for keeping the thread on track fellas. 👍👍

The force feedback sensitivity is now a lot smoother with the T500RS.
I used to set the torque at 10 and the sensitivity at 3 and the steering wheel feels smoother than before.
Can someone else with a T500 confirm this please?

Finally, I confirm.

Until this problem is resolved by a hotfix, I choose a hood view ;)

@fifomaniak @Johnnypenso
Glitch. Wrong thread.

Are collision sounds different? Maybe I'm crazy, but I crash A LOT and this stood out to me.
The collision sounds seem to have less of a THUD and have more higher pitched sounds like cracking/breaking glass almost. It also seems like rear collisions and side-by-side rubbing have slightly differing sounds, as before I thought they used the same THUD sound.

Can anyone else confirm this?

Don't think it was mentioned before, but now the fastest lap time is displayed in online quick race.
Not sure, need confirmation from multiple sources.

New Motec sponsor logos on Autumn Ring (maybe on other tracks too)
Confirmation needed from other sources.

Those few Skylines you meet along the way are also WAY faster than any other traffic - just stick behind em for a while and you'll see
If you pay attention, the sound coming from them is veeeery different from the stock version.

The 1990 RX-7 GT-X (FC), 1991 efini RX-7 Type R (FD), 2002 RX-7 Spirit R Type A (FD), 1972 A110 1600S, and 1970 AAR Cuda 340 Six Barrel are all premium cars. The various standards can't get number plates.
Ok ok, at least now i can give another shot at sierra without slowing down near them to take interior pics.

I noticed that the sounds are instead muffled, like passing over a medium-sized hole on the road, really nothing to say from this side.

Thanks for keeping the thread on track fellas. 👍👍

Confirmation needed from other sources.

Re the MoTeC billboard, there is a massive sign at the start/finish straight for Autumn Ring which has three adverts, one of them for MoTeC and it definintely wasn't there before. I'm not sure about whether there are new MoTeC boards at other tracks, there's a lot of tracks and millions of billboard positions to check :lol:

The modified GTRs in the new Sierra challenge are using the usual exhaust part samples - full race, I think.

I'd like to know if the "localised weather" effect is genuine, or just scripted. It goes from raining, 80 percent ish surface water, to totally clear and dry within a few sections.

MIRACLE! The G27 works suddenly perfectly fine using the clutch with both new cars, the Subaru and the BMW safety car. I drove them on the Ring, fast and wild, kept my left hand on the wheel and the right one on the gear lever all the time and it was just a dream: never ever ended up on neutral constantly as always before.

Had to use the paddle for the 7th gear. :)

Tried 2-3 older cars... and found out that the problem remains unsolved for them. Seems to work only with these two new cars. But it means one thing to me: they can make it!

Did someone else made the same experience?

EDIT My bad, the gear lever works wether you use the clutch or not. Thanks sik180sx. Still odd (see my reply #133 next page).

Last edited:
  • When changing cameras in replays, you'll notice that the "cockpit view" has been renamed "driver's-eye view."

I think you should add an asterisk next to this saying that the fix applies to NTSC versions of the game only as it's apparently always been "driver's-eye view" in PAL versions.

VBR
@Johnnypenso - I can change my name again, even though I've already exceeded the 3 time limit. Don't know if this was changed before 1.14, or is a glitch as a result of loosing all my replays & using the Salvage Lost Files function.

I need someone who has reached the 3 name change limit to confirm this one, cheers.

👍
I've reached the 3 time change your name limit before and today that counter was reseted for me and I actually change it again. The game said that now I can change it two more times.
CONFIRMED

Sorry for my english.

I am certain Sierra has been updated with additional track decoration, I have noticed there are new foliage, trees, rocks, and detail when running Time Rally Challenge 4.

I have checked the replay of my past Sierra runs prior to the update, and it couldn't backtrack to the previous track format, so it means the updated Sierra is similar to the updated Willow Springs.

I am needing to find screenshot proof of this, I might have to scout some Sierra videos recorded before the update.

I've reached the 3 time change your name limit before and today that counter was reseted for me and I actually change it again. The game said that now I can change it two more times.
CONFIRMED

Sorry for my english.
Did you at any point reinstall the game?

I am certain Sierra has been updated with additional track decoration, I have noticed there are new foliage, trees, rocks, and detail when running Time Rally Challenge 4.

I have checked the replay of my past Sierra runs prior to the update, and it couldn't backtrack to the previous track format, so it means the updated Sierra is similar to the updated Willow Springs.

I am needing to find screenshot proof of this, I might have to scout some Sierra videos recorded before the update.
Need some more comfirmation.

If you look at the comments for this video, man so hateful I love this update and have faith in PD bring on December!
Wrong thread. You're looking for this: Link to the Update 1.14 Discussion Thread

No, I've got digital version so uninstalling wasn't an option beacause of long download and even longer install :)

I am at the limit and have tried to rechange my name and it is not letting me make any amendments as the only option available to me is to "cancel" so it appears that this is something specific to yourself. Would be nice if someone else can try this and confirm though:gtplanet:

Seems there's a point of contention if some can change it and others can't. We'll need a larger sample group before I can add it to the list. Anyone else reading this, please try and change your name in game and see if you can go past the old limit of 3? changes.

Seems there's a point of contention if some can change it and others can't. We'll need a larger sample group before I can add it to the list. Anyone else reading this, please try and change your name in game and see if you can go past the old limit of 3? changes.
I've never changed mine before and I'm getting a limit of 3.

I'm still on 1.13 so might as well putt a dot on the i. :cheers:

Already since start.

20141119_224808[1].jpg

When changing cameras in replays, you'll notice that the "cockpit view" has been renamed "driver's-eye view."

20141119_224236[1].jpg

(UK version)

Nitrous can now be enabled when the car is not moving. It makes a sassing sound stationary and when you floor the throttle, the sound gradually changes changes in the classic nitrous sound.
Also while driving, the nitrous sound has improved and is more adaptive to the throttle position.

And also I think a glitch that GT6 Chrome color could not be applied correctly to Zonda R has been fixed. I don't have before photo about this so I'm not 100% sure. Photo car color : GT6 Chrome 005

That's how it looks in 1.13.

Ronda_3.jpg
Nürburgring GP_F.jpg

+1 on Motec - driven slowly around Autumn Ring (also short version) and couldn't see any Motec boards. (on 1.13)

Latest Posts

Back