Update 1.15 has ROOTED the wheel Force Feedback

My two cents after having spent the entirety of yesterday testing FFB.

I am on GT DD Pro (5nm), I was running 5/1 before the update with low NDP and 0 NFR. After the update I’ve tested out different settings, and found the ones posted by Maurice on the fanatec forums to be very useful. If you don’t get your NDP up in the 40-50 range, it feels like the wheel is trying to drive the car for you with very snappy oversteer corrections.
NFR is used to get a little bit more weight into the wheel since it is quite loose around the middle.

The quality of the FFB has definitely improved! Before the update, the FFB would go completely smooth whenever you put any load on the front suspension, zero road feel and no kerbs. After the update I can feel the front tyres during braking and cornering which is lovely. In really low speed corners (hairpins etc) I can’t quite make sense of the FFB yet, will take some getting used to.

What seems to be lacking (atleast on a 5nm DD pro), is the strength of holding forces and the centre spring, which I would increase by about 20% if I had the option to. Other than that, I am actually very happy with how the FFB feels and I am a little bit scared that they will revert the changes due to the amount of complaints. I understand T-GT users are in a really tough spot particularily. Anyways if someone is struggling, i recommend the settings from Maurice on the fanatec forums, and make sure you give it a good 30 minutes of driving before you just dismiss it as ”this is worse”.

Last edited:
Itll be like this for ages because one wimp hurt their wrist somewhere
Honestly that's good news. Considering they felt the need to post this update bulletin means that they realize it's a priority considering how tight lipped they usually are. If they can keep this extra detail and just add the ability to increase the overall strength by a little bit, we'll end up with a legitimate noticeable FFB improvement. I'll take this over them just never improving it at all 🤷‍♂️

Honestly that's good news. Considering they felt the need to post this update bulletin means that they realize it's a priority considering how tight lipped they usually are. If they can keep this extra detail and just add the ability to increase the overall strength by a little bit, we'll end up with a legitimate noticeable FFB improvement. I'll take this over them just never improving it at all 🤷‍♂️
I’ll take them not improving it at all over completely ruining it

My two cents after having spent the entirety of yesterday testing FFB.

I am on GT DD Pro (5nm), I was running 5/1 before the update with low NDP and 0 NFR. After the update I’ve tested out different settings, and found the ones posted by Maurice on the fanatec forums to be very useful. If you don’t get your NDP up in the 40-50 range, it feels like the wheel is trying to drive the car for you with very snappy oversteer corrections.
NFR is used to get a little bit more weight into the wheel since it is quite loose around the middle.

The quality of the FFB has definitely improved! Before the update, the FFB would go completely smooth whenever you put any load on the front suspension, zero road feel and no kerbs. After the update I can feel the front tyres during braking and cornering which is lovely. In really low speed corners (hairpins etc) I can’t quite make sense of the FFB yet, will take some getting used to.

What seems to be lacking (atleast on a 5nm DD pro), is the strength of holding forces and the centre spring, which I would increase by about 20% if I had the option to. Other than that, I am actually very happy with how the FFB feels and I am a little bit scared that they will revert the changes due to the amount of complaints. I understand T-GT users are in a really tough spot particularily. Anyways if someone is struggling, i recommend the settings from Maurice on the fanatec forums, and make sure you give it a good 30 minutes of driving before you just dismiss it as ”this is worse”.

I'm on a GT DD Pro 8 Nm and find the new FFB to be the best I've ever experienced anywhere. I dare to say it's perfect, but I guess things can always be improved.

I'm on the Fanatec 440 beta firmware, and PS5.

Settings as standard but NDP Off and INT 6.

Blue/native mode.

10/10 in-game.

Couldn't be happier. That numb FFB beyond slipping point was the thing that bothered me most by far in GT7, now it's fixed. I can feel everything, even a natural/realistic/intuitive sensation of understeer, as well as grip in high speed cornering.

Since experiences differ this much, I'm assuming there's some bug going around. I have a hard time understanding how anyone can be disappointed with what I'm experiencing.

I’ll take them not improving it at all over completely ruining it
Oh come on. Put it in compatibility mode or run FOR 120 and max torque 10. It's not "completely ruined". It's worse temporarily, hopefully for only a short time, in exchange for it being better forever afterwards.

Again, obviously them improving it without having to make it worse for a bit would've obviously been a best case scenario, but out of the two remaining options having slightly weaker FFB for a couple weeks is worth years of better FFB afterwards.

I'm on a GT DD Pro 8 Nm and find the new FFB to be the best I've ever experienced anywhere. I dare to say it's perfect, but I guess things can always be improved.

Blue/native mode.

10/10 in-game.

Couldn't be happier. That numb FFB beyond slipping point was the thing that bothered me most by far in GT7, now it's fixed. I can feel everything, even a natural/realistic/intuitive sensation of understeer, as well as grip in high speed cornering.

Since experiences differ this much, I'm assuming there's some bug going around. I have a hard time understanding how anyone can be disappointed with what I'm experiencing.

They're disappointed because they're used to running too much FFB strength and they're so focused on that being gone that they're missing all the extra detail.

That being said, PD did say they'd have a more permanent fix that allows the strength to go higher, so hopefully when that is implemented it'll be the best of both worlds and everyone will be happy :)

Last edited:
Good to see they acknowledge it. I can understand where they’re coming from. These companies always try to avoid any kind of liability. It’s sad to see that they had to resort to, what they’re calling, an emergency measure since these kind of issues with DD wheels apparently is widely documented. I’m surprised to see TGT in that list but I guess it’s torque level is on par with the fanatec wheels.

Hopefully they’ll able to sort it out asap.

I’ll rest assured that this is the top priority for them as the GTWS opens today… And if they do manage to increase the overall strength (especially holding forces/spring) while keeping the new FFB details, we’ll see the best FFB so far. I’d actually rather they keep it as it is now vs. going back to the old FFB. If I had a T-GT I’d probably not be saying the same thing however.

But why on earth did they do not give this explanation with the update, instead of waiting a full day with people giving up on the game completely etc. It’s unbelievably poor communication :D

Last edited:
Itll be like this for ages because one wimp hurt their wrist somewhere
It'll be a couple of kids seeing how high they can jump in a Samba Bus at Windmills with a Tomahawk engine strapped to it

They've said they've identified the combos, I'll bet they're not BoP Gr.3 and Gr.4 races on road tracks (or the combos they use in Nations), so just limit FFB to 1 or 2 on the combos that can cause problems rather than nuke the entire thing for some users

It'll be a couple of kids seeing how high they can jump in a Samba Bus at Windmills with a Tomahawk engine strapped to it

They've said they've identified the combos, I'll bet they're not BoP Gr.3 and Gr.4 races on road tracks (or the combos they use in Nations), so just limit FFB to 1 or 2 on the combos that can cause problems rather than nuke the entire thing for some users

This is funny, but probably also true, sadly enough. :)

TGT2 driver here. I went from 2-7 to 5-7 to get the exact same resistance feel. I would even say there are more details and the wheel feels like more alive and dynamic. Definitely better FFB overall than before. I wonder if FW version does have an impact as so many drivers have opposite experience.

Blue/native mode.

10/10 in-game.

you buy a DD with extra power supply, to play Gran Turismo at 10/10 fo fell something good?

ok.

Glad they acknowledged it but why even release the update and not delay it a bit?Why not communicating this beforehand?Whey let the internet turn red again?Did they think nobody would notice? 💩

I do like the improvement a lot as well on the DD pro.They better not touch it but just increase the max strength again.

you buy a DD with extra power supply, to play Gran Turismo at 10/10 fo fell something good?

ok.
The question is, is 10/10 bad?
As I understand, 10/10 gives the full info to the steering wheel. A steering wheel with little power, then unfortunately has no more power available to reproduce the details. Because it needs all the power for the base FFB.
But a steering wheel with enough power (DD pro 8nm or Pordium) can handle that easily.

Just did some 'proper' testing. Both BoP and FFB.
T300rs wheel and amg gt3 round Monza.

Car is faster and was immediately within 0.8 sec of my wrx time....

FFB feels right at torque 4/5 and sensitivity 10.
I turned the max torque up to 10 to test and it feels like the old Bedford 4tonne truck which had no power steering...
Cousin has G29 and reported also unchanged or improved....

Fact: a DD wheel will cause injury at max torque which is why they have that red emergency kill button.
Fact: young males have a tendency to 'do dumb stuff' to prove their 'toughness' especially in front of friends or potential girl friends....

Combine these 2 and you get the potential for a lot of broken wrists etc.......
Either slap an 18 rating on GT7 or 'dumb down' the potentially dangerous stuff........

At least no one has won a Darwin Award........ yet.......

Stay safe on your Sim-Rigs:cheers:

Hi there, I found this thread, as I am also suffering from some FFB issues with my T300. I tried several settings, however even at FFB level 10 in-game its not really usable. I read that some guys wrote for T300 nothing changed, and I was wondering, as I realized after the update indeed those weak FFB strengths. Since I am using the SF1000 add-on for the T300, I remembered that in the settings of F1 2021 the SF1000 on the T300 base is recognized as a T-GT. Hence, I changed the wheel to a 599xx evo add-on and here we are: the FFB is as strong as before. So, sadly, due to the F1 add-on steering wheel, my T300 base is a piece of **** in GT7, but using the default 599xx steering wheel, all fine. So maybe some of you guys this information might help in the meantime (in the hope that PD will also see some comments and take this into considerations...)

Last edited by a moderator:
I tried the new Gr1 race on these awful FFB settings. I can’t feel enough of what the car is doing like with a heavy wheel. No good for me. Hope they change it back.

PD's vision for the future of the game.....
MarioKartWii_NS_img4_lg._V346310437_.jpg

I did the first round of the manufacturers series last night with the T-GT 2.
4 laps of nurburgring 24hr plus qualifying and a couple of practice laps. Room was all AS rated drivers and I qualified and finished 3rd.
Car was the Gr3 corvette on RH tyres. Wheel settings FFB torque 10, FFB sensitivity 7 and vibration 125.
FFB is vastly improved over previous update! Wheel weight is a little light but an increase of 10-20% would be perfect. The detail in the FFB is so much better to the point you can feel the tyres flex at high speed under load. There is sooo much more finesse in the FFB now.
At first I thought it was broken and now I really like it.

So, sadly, due to the F1 add-on steering wheel, my T300 base is a piece of **** in GT7, but using the default 599xx steering wheel, all fine. So maybe some of you guys this information might help in the meantime
OMG THANK YOU! It completely slipped my mind that I also have the Sparco P310 add on, which the game recognizes as, well, not the T-GT. Going to hop over and try that out now!

Here t300 and I have problem only with the new Toyota.... Absurd 🤣🤣🤣
With all the other cars no problem... Lol

Back