Update 1.31 speculation thread - coming December 5th

• Thread starter Envoxeb
  • 1,247 comments

what do you think about the new track?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I might be in a minority here, but i want PD to add rally/gravel course into the game

The game had rally from the start, yet we still only have 3 rally tracks in the game, two layouts per each (and those are just reverse versions of the same tracks, mind)
Sad really, because i do enjoy the rallying in the game. I took part in some random rally lobbies and they were tons of fun. Still take my Alpine A110 for a spin from time to time, but with the same 3 tracks it becomes boring

PD should just go and add the 🤬 Pikes Peak already. Because there's no reason for them to hold an exclusivity deal on that track

Yeah, what is up with PP? They got exlusive licensing like one or two years ago already. Let's get on with it! I still love doing runs in Sébastien Loeb Rally EVO and DiRT Rally.

Honestly, GT rally physics have improved a lot. What's there now would be enough to warrant a stand-alone rally game. If they could use their course generator to make point-to-point stages (about 50 meters narrower) it would by a worthy addition to a genre where all rally games are severely lacking in many areas: physics, content, graphics, sounds, immersion, optimization (mix and match as you will to WRC 5-6-7, DiRT Rally, DiRT 4, Sébastien Loeb Rally EVO, V-Rally 4).

I can't wait to see this:

pikes-peak-penalty.jpeg

Now that is a suprise by PD for sure! I don't really mind another tokyo expressway variation to be honest. Needs to be a bit more complex, but that's just me wishing.

Be thankful that PD has brought out tons of tracks ever since it launched. A variation every now and again doesn't hurt. Does it??

Ferrari F50 being included in the game though... Thank you PD! A very very good choice.

Weak is stronger than real.
Yes, it is. But not to anywhere near the extent of Strong, and not enough to change the outcome of a race. With Weak you can still break the tow and pull away from the car behind if you're in a car with faster straight line speed, something you can't do with Strong.

So what. It's artificially boosting the power of slipstream and that's the point.
But is it? Real in game doesn't mean the same as in real life. Weak is just the middle ground of three options.

But is it? Real in game doesn't mean the same as in real life. Weak is just the middle ground of three options.
Real is what's used for most Sport races. Setting it to weak solely for the entertainment of the viewer diminishes the races.

I don't really know what point you're making. You began by saying you guys are thinking of boost. Now it's weak isn't as powerful as strong.

Real is what's used for most Sport races. Setting it to weak solely for the entertainment of the viewer diminishes the races.

I don't really know what point you're making. You began by saying you guys are thinking of boost. Now it's weak isn't as powerful as strong.
Why I thought they were referring to Boost was because of ''as they want to keep the racing close'' and ''but they are implementing a weak rubberbanding setting active in the race to make it easier to close a gap on a driver holding a position in front of them?'' which are both caused by Boost, or Slipstream set to Strong. You brought the Weak setting into this.

I meant in regards to our conversation.
What are you on about? You quoted a post that mentioned weak slipstream. You said that person must mean boost. I said he meant weak slipstream.
I don't agree. As I've already mentioned you can still break the tow with slipstream on weak and it certainly doesn't cause rubberbanding.
There's nothing to agree about. It's a fact that slipstream set to weak has more of an effect than slipstream set to real. It means the races are likely to be closer because the effects of slipstream are noticeable from further back. Possibly it also boosts the power of the slipstream effect also, but I've not used it enough to know.

One can break the tow on strong setting. It's just a bit harder.

What are you on about? You quoted a post that mentioned weak slipstream. You said that person must mean boost. I said he meant weak slipstream.
What are you on about! I said:
I think what you're both referring to is the 'Boost' setting, which this isn't. Slipstream is different and would only cause artificially closer racing if set to 'Strong'.
Must ≠ I think, and I also said ''in regards to our conversation'' as I hadn't mentioned it in regards to our conversation.
There's nothing to agree about. It's a fact that slipstream set to weak has more of an effect than slipstream set to real. It means the races are likely to be closer because the effects of slipstream are noticeable from further back. Possibly it also boosts the power of the slipstream effect also, but I've not used it enough to know.

One can break the tow on strong setting. It's just a bit harder.
As I've already mentioned real ≠ real life, and also, possibly ≠ does.

And still no explanation of the rubberbanding part in one of the posts I quoted?

We get three real-world tracks in a row (RBR, Fuji, Barcelona), and now people are up in arms at PD over new layouts being added to an existing fictional location??? (And no one even know's what it's like yet???)

I mean, I'm not too big of a fan of the East layout (though I do find it alright with Gr. 4 cars), but the Central layout I enjoy with most cars up to Gr. 3 despite the cramped nature. In fact in my experience I often find Monza to be more chaotic and unpleasant in Sport mode than the Tokyo tracks.

I'm looking forward to seeing the South layout, hoping it's a good one.

Must ≠ I think
You're right. My mistake. It's a colloquial expression commonly used here that implies an opinion. I should've realised it might not travel well.
I hadn't mentioned it in regards to our conversation
It was part of the conversation before I entered.
real ≠ real life,
What has that got to do with anything? I suggested no such thing. Real is used in Sport races. Weak is used at live events to make the races closer and more exciting.
possibly ≠ does.
Why do you think I wrote "possibly"?
And still no explanation of the rubberbanding part in one of the posts I quoted?
That post quotes a post that mentions mentioned weak slipstream. It's clear that the poster was exaggerating the point to suggest applying weak slipstream has an effect similar to rubberbanding i.e. artificially makes races closer.

You're right. My mistake. It's a colloquial expression commonly used here that implies an opinion. I should've realised it might not travel well.

It was part of the conversation before I entered.

What has that got to do with anything? I suggested no such thing. Real is used in Sport races. Weak is used at live events to make the races closer and more exciting.

Why do you think I wrote "possibly"?

That post quotes a post that mentions mentioned weak slipstream. It's clear that the poster was exaggerating the point to suggest applying weak slipstream has an effect similar to rubberbanding i.e. artificially makes races closer.
Have you even watched some of the FIA races with weak slipstreaming. People have been winning by 10+ seconds. Artificially closer pfft :lol:.

Artificially closer pfft :lol:.
When set to weak, slipstream has more of an effect than when set to real. As a result closer racing is more likely.
Are you suggesting this isn't true because some races have been won by more than 10 seconds pfft :lol:

And with the introduction of the F50, the Ferrari V12 supercar family tree is complete...

Part of me has a feeling we might be getting another round of La Festa Cavallino races in GT League because of this.

I am hoping for that too. I want to take a group shot of Ferrari's "big five" at Monza, since the scapes only allow for 3 cars and the camera isn't dynamic.

I am hoping for that too. I want to take a group shot of Ferrari's "big five" at Monza, since the scapes only allow for 3 cars and the camera isn't dynamic.

If you take multiple pictures from the same angle and stitch them together in photoshop, it's easy.

*sees Ferrari F50*

OMG my childhood :eek: we still have that large scale model from Shell (1:18?) which is incredibly detailed. This is gonna be sweet :embarrassed:

*sees new variant of Tokyo Expressway*

Oohhhh myyyy Gooodd finally a new variant :bowdown: hold on, 6 kilometers? If I'm not mistaken, that's longer than East Loop, which is about 5 - 5.5 kilometers. Can't wait to see it, the Wangan Midnight vibes are going strong again :lol:

Meanwhile I'm sitting here hoping that the F50 is just a misprint of the F40...

Meanwhile I'm sitting here hoping that the F50 is just a misprint of the F40...
I am going to think the same for now just to keep my expectations low.

As someone wise once said: “Don’t expect anything from anyone and you will never be disappointed”

P.S: I really really want the F50 but I’m worried that its sound isn’t gonna be great

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back