Update 1.31 speculation thread - coming December 5th

• Thread starter Envoxeb
  • 1,247 comments

what do you think about the new track?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
GT Sport became GT Road after one year... Still al lot of motor"sport" cars missing. Still a lot of motor"sport" tracks missing. F50 in Tokyo is nice for scapes but i would prefer if PD would invest more in lobby settings for example... Proper Qualifying mode still missing(!)

GT Sport became GT Road after one year... Still al lot of motor"sport" cars missing. Still a lot of motor"sport" tracks missing. F50 in Tokyo is nice for scapes but i would prefer if PD would invest more in lobby settings for example... Proper Qualifying mode still missing(!)
for you, but for me those road cars, tracks fit very well, i play offline more often than online

Anyone else curious on where exactly Tokyo South is supposed to be? Cause when lining it up with the real world counter part....it doesn't make any sense

screenshot_by_skyarkz23-dcs3fxb.png

Honestly, I am actually very happy PD are finally recognizing city tracks and bringing some back in the game. I enjoy the real world professional racing circuits, however, I would love to have more diversity in races such as adding more cities or other fictional tracks. In fact, I really hope they eventually bring back Trial Mountain, Deep Forest, Tokyo R246, SSR5/11, and Grand Valley.

I think we should've just skewed the poll and all voted for the last option to show how ridiculous it is.

I'll be honest, I let myself get carried away thinking theydt reveal an esoespecia exciting track for the Worlds, although I had my sights set on the return of Trial Mountain/Deep Forest/Grand Valley. I still hope to see those soon.

I liked seeing the F50. A great new car for the series. Lets hope for 2 or 3 new cars for the series that are new also in the real world. Stuff like the Ford GT 2017, Audi R8 V10 plus 2015 and a more recent Ferrari! Come on, if you'd like us to pay for those newer cars, at least I am glad to do it!

Is it safe to assume this will have no track experience AND is this for November?

ie. one more DLC for Dec.?

I'm ambivalent about the F50 but for some reason, I quite like Tokyo Express as long as its not that crazy square circuit.

Anyone else curious on where exactly Tokyo South is supposed to be? Cause when lining it up with the real world counter part....it doesn't make any sense

screenshot_by_skyarkz23-dcs3fxb.png
South of Central. If anything doesn't make sense it's Toyko East (which is actually West).

Is it safe to assume this will have no track experience AND is this for November?

ie. one more DLC for Dec.?

I'm ambivalent about the F50 but for some reason, I quite like Tokyo Express as long as its not that crazy square circuit.

Usually the update drops a week after the Live events, wouldn't be surprised if this update came in late november, note that the last updatewas actually the october update but was held back and released in november

Because the representation of the expressways in the game aren't accurate to the real life expressway, the Central Loop in particular is shorter than it should be and in the game it only has 2 exits, one on the North and other in the South on the track, whereas the real loop has many more exits that connects it with the rest of the city.

They will probably take some parts of the expressway in real life and then make up their own sections on it to make their version of the expressway.

By the way, how do we know that we are getting another Tokyo based track and the F50 again?

I'm not contesting or doubting it, I just missed when that was made public or got leaked.

By the way, how do we know that we are getting another Tokyo based track and the F50 again?

I'm not contesting or doubting it, I just missed when that was made public or got leaked.

Like you do when looking at any thread which has comments in it, you go to the original post (first page, top comment) to know what the thread is pertaining to.:dunce: Although we still need official confirmation from PD.

P.S. Sorry but you were asking for that.;)

Last edited:
A new layout is a new layout, and a free one at that.

I'm just underwhelmed.

Plus, over a year in, we should be seeing the quality tracks we all know exist, be they PD fantasy tracks from past games or real world favourites, as opposed to the rather unambitious offering this month.

There isn't an infinite life span for this game that allows a nonchalant attitude to updates.

There is competition for my play time, be it from other racing games or just games in general, not to mention real life and commitments.

I mean, what are PD waiting for?

If we aren't seeing the tracks that everyone has been asking for since last year, and we aren't seeing them each and every month, sometimes twice a month, what exactly is the delay?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not knocking free content.

It's all a bonus.

But if PD are going to offer free monthly content then why not give the players, be they the vocal players on the forums, or "pro players", and no doubt the PD staff themselves who must surely want to see their old classics upgraded onto the ps4, the stuff we all want to see?

Someone mentioned in another comment that it feels like the F.I.A has pressured PD into using only F.I.A approved circuits; no doubt as a compromise for gaining the F.I.A name and the veneer of professionalism it offers.

This could well be true.

Regardless, I reiterate my point that I don't understand this drip feeding approach when it comes to circuits.

Cars, maybe, as they can sometimes cause an imbalance if a particular class if mislabelled and put up against faster/slower cars.

The tracks, however, in my opinion, are what add longevity to the experience.

Put it this way, I'd rather have only 1 or 2 great cars to drive and dozens of interesting and challenging tracks to race them on, than having 20 plus cars and only 1 or 2 tracks to race on.

I'd get bored much faster with the second scenario.

So, in closing, the new Tokyo layout is still a free update and a new track, so i can't exactly complain too much...i just wish it was something else that's all.

Yeah that's pretty much fine. I think Dragon Tail Gardens represents the very very least minimum effort I expect.

Its an ok variation. I do not expect this Tokyo Express to be near that given highway wangan tracks dont have a huge deal of variety.

Just bring on this weak month and hope for better for Xmas.

I really don't get the excitement over the F50. The F50 is still considered by most hard core Ferrari enthusiast as a big disappointment. The F50 fell well short of out performing the car it replaced the F40.
I just watched a special about these two cars not long ago it was very interesting.

It being a new car to the GT Series is cool but I much rather see one of the most sought after Ferrari's added instead the Ferrari 365 GTB/4 or Ferrari Daytona.

If there'll be a new Tokyo layout... a JDM car should come too.

AE86 anyone?

I'm more feeling the Fairlady 240Z (either the '71 G-Nose or Sung Kang's 2015 GT Award winner), the AE86 is more for touge/technical stuff than Tokyo highway racing IMO. ;)

I really don't get the excitement over the F50. The F50 is still considered by most hard core Ferrari enthusiast as a big disappointment. The F50 fell well short of out performing the car it replaced the F40.
I just watched a special about these two cars not long ago it was very interesting.

F50 I like a bit more than you do but it sort of good for completionists of which there are many

F40 F50 288 Enzo La Ferrari - that's the collection dating back to 1984.

I'm sort of at the opinion where I'd had all the road cars from N600 down I need really.

Very happy with the F50. I'm in the minority surely but I prefer it to the F40 and the LaFerrari. The track I don't really care but the more, the better.

If you take multiple pictures from the same angle and stitch them together in photoshop, it's easy.
I love you. I keep complaining about not being able to place more than three cars and you have enlightened me :lol:

To me the Ferrari F50 is Ferrari's Carrera GT 9 years before the Carrera GT. With all the classic hallmarks of Ferrari. Both are driver focused, with minimum driver aids. Both have naturally aspirated, race derived engines, but the F50 has two more cylinders. Both use a manual transmission, but F50 has that beautiful gated shifter. Both have removable hard tops, but the GT's is a lot easier to remove. And arguably, they are the best sounding road cars from their respective manufacturers. Now if only we could have Porsche's "big five" in GT Sport as well. But that is for conversation for another day. :)

Time for to put out my F50 and CGT prototype 1:18 models out for display to admire.

Last edited:
F50 might be disappointing for some but for me its my favourite Ferrari of all time.

I grew up with NFS and the 90s supercars hence why the F50 has magic written all over it

The car was pure and raw how many Ferraris are like that today. It might have failed to live up to its successor or surpass it but the F50 is still loved by many to the point where its considered underrated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back