Update 1.31 speculation thread - coming December 5th

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by Envoxeb, Nov 15, 2018.

?

what do you think about the new track?

1. it's good!

24.8%
  2. there are better tracks, but it's still good

29.1%
  3. it's meh

16.5%
  4. spa/monaco/zolder/laguna seca is better

27.0%
  5. i'm going to sell my game, no doubt

2.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Envoxeb

Envoxeb

The new game update will be published after the World Finals on 5th of December.
    It's going to include:

NEW TRACKS
    A new variation of Tokyo Expressway called "South Inner Loop" will be added into the game, with its alternative loop, called "South Outer Loop" respectively.

Its total length is around 6 kilometres (6,300 - 6,560)

NEW CARS
    Image uploaded by @hellZfirE shows the new unseen car: Ferrari F50 '95

Yesterday, Kaz uploaded an image on Twitter showing 7 new cars, including:
    Pontiac Trans-Am '78
    BMW M3 (E92) '07
    McLaren P1 GTR '16
    GReddy FuguZ
    (under Gran Turismo brand)
    Chevrolet Corvette Convertible C2
    Ferrari F50 '95
    Tesla Model S '12
    (unconfirmed)

Last edited: Nov 25, 2018
  2. DesertPenguin

DesertPenguin Premium

Cue all the people praising "free" content and the others complaining it's not real world tracks

3. Tired Tyres

Tired Tyres

Selling the game no question. Oh. It's a download. :banghead:

4. Downhill Dino

Downhill Dino Premium

I'm excited. TXR nostalgia hasn't worn out yet.

Skyline_R34 and ThrasherDBS like this.
  5. darth_tails

darth_tails

Had to vote it's meh...I hope the new South Inner Loop is enough to make Tokyo Expressway worth my time.

Still hopefully some new cars will come, seems very quick for another update but I am not complaining!

EDIT: Just noticed the F50 in the car list, that's one off the list anyway!

Last edited: Nov 15, 2018
    PSN:And-War likes this.
  6. GT_Alex74

GT_Alex74

Tokyo variation not being R246 is a huge letdown. But the Ferrari F50 though !

[​IMG]

7. Sander 001

Sander 001

So they do use ‘weak’ slipstreaming. Makes sense as they want to keep the racing close.

8. Scuderia Paul

Scuderia Paul

I'm delighted to see the Ferrari F50 come to GTS. I just hope PD get the sound correct.

9. fatkid

fatkid

Hope this is real. The F50 is the only Ferrari halo car missing since the 288 GTO arrived last dlc, and it has always been my favorite. Best sounding Ferrari road car. Looks wise, the front may be off and the rear a bit plain, but that curvaceous side view, with that high rear wing intergrated into the body work has always been very appealing to me .

Loved taking photos of it in Driveclub.
    PS_Messages_20181115_161307.jpg

GT Sport's superior camera options should provide some great shots and I will have hours of fun on the livery editor with it.

10. VincentVendetta

VincentVendetta

We won't know if the new track's any good of not until we see it in action. Like many, I find the Central configuration too narrow, but I actually love Tokyo East with its fast corners and even faster straight line. We'll see.

GTR365, JoaoSilva, KinLM and 5 others like this.
  11. TheNuvolari

TheNuvolari

f50.png

[​IMG]
    NO WAY! :eek::eek::eek: The sixth most requested car is going to be in the game!! Oh my God I'm so damn happy now! :(

Now the question is, will it be a the one with top or without it? please let it be the hard top one

jhietter, Rotorist, poumpoum and 20 others like this.
  12. fatkid

fatkid

They are the same model. The removal of the hard top and application of the roll bars is a very long process that requires alot of tool work. As far as which form we wil get in the game, my bet is with the fixed roof. However, I would love to get a beautiful shot of that gated shifter if it were without it's roof.

13. VeeDoubleU

VeeDoubleU

Why is there a vote about a track we haven't even seen? wtf

Everyone who has opinions about this track already...you know...a track we haven't even seen or driven yet, really needs to gain some common sense.

14. ARTAsean

ARTAsean

Wow LOL, all this talk about Monaco/LagSec/Hungaro/Spa and it ends up being a derivative of tokyo... LOL...

15. VFOURMAX1

VFOURMAX1

So we are having a World Championship which is supposed to have the pointed end of the spear best GTS drivers in the world racing against each other to determine who is the best of the best but they are implementing a weak rubberbanding setting active in the race to make it easier to close a gap on a driver holding a position in front of them?

Where does the driver skill in pulling a gap or closing a gap become the main criteria to finish positions rather than an in race edge that affects the on track positions?

Does not make sense with these drivers of this caliber and this format to try to influence the the race field in any artificial way to me.

16. 05XR8

05XR8

Maybe south inner loop looks like SS 11 from GT1&2. I'm digging that the F50 is in. May have to. It it and the F40.

17. MrWaflz55

MrWaflz55

If your reaction to a new layout (which hasn’t even been seen yet, might I add) after a few months in a row of completely new circuits is shock, anger, betrayal and wanting to snap your disk, I’d hate to see how you react at your own birthday party.

@Envoxeb how can we have a poll if the only thing that exists for us so far is a NAME?!

How does anyone still check in with the update threads and not want to quit GTP? This is madness.

Salty66, DC2_Evan, 2clicks and 12 others like this.
  18. BanditRa101801

BanditRa101801

That would be a very interesting way of integrating older original tracks back into the series. Also, if SS 11 was recreated in any form for GT Sport or a future iteration of the game, I would be ecstatic!!!

19. sirjim73

sirjim73

What he said ^^
    (I think @Tired Tyres may have been joking though...?)

20. MrWaflz55

MrWaflz55

Maybe @Tired Tyres was joking but everybody’s jumping the gun right now so I honesty can’t tell who is anymore.

21. Islaygaz

Islaygaz

Can I ask where this came from?? how do we know it's legit??

zorrofox likes this.
  22. BanditRa101801

BanditRa101801

@MrWaflz55 I think if you re-read what I wrote in the "Relaxedness" thread and apply it to this topic, then you be fine...hot tea does wonders for the soul :cheers:

23. MatskiMonk

MatskiMonk Premium

This is going to be my favourite track update so far... as it's one in the eye for those that continually bleat on with the same old dogmatic wish lists inserted into every speculation post, and then have to break out the table flipping butt hurt cream when the free asset they're gaining isn't what they believe they're owed.

I hope there's a 6 hour stock Miata Endurance race that pays 6,666,666 credits for it in GT League too!

24. AlanH49

AlanH49

PD have delivered oustanding support for GT Sport since launch. If anything that support has stepped up a gear in recent months with real world tracks that set a graphical benchmark for the series and console sims. Cars are a personal thing. But no one can be in any doubt each car set’s benchmarks in terms of detail. Cars like the humble (original) Mini are gems and as valuable to the series as the latest supercars and race cars.

Getting on for 13 months after launch my full price, day one, outlay has been paid back in entertainment and enjoyment many times over. IMO, this is the best Gran Turismo to date and I look forward to another free update.

BasherB59, Gulyo, Broda and 12 others like this.
  25. FPV MIC

FPV MIC

I think what you're both referring to is the 'Boost' setting, which this isn't. Slipstream is different and would only cause artificially closer racing if set to 'Strong'.

Brzlav, KinLM and Lebowski like this.
  26. OJT6627

OJT6627

I might be in a minority here, but i want PD to add rally/gravel course into the game

The game had rally from the start, yet we still only have 3 rally tracks in the game, two layouts per each (and those are just reverse versions of the same tracks, mind)
    Sad really, because i do enjoy the rallying in the game. I took part in some random rally lobbies and they were tons of fun. Still take my Alpine A110 for a spin from time to time, but with the same 3 tracks it becomes boring

PD should just go and add the :censored: Pikes Peak already. Because there's no reason for them to hold an exclusivity deal on that track

27. Vspectra

Vspectra

28. AlanH49

AlanH49

Pikes Peak of course is all tarmac these days. I’d love some tarmac rally stages, ideally point-to-point.

jagenigma, AgentBlackDog and OJT6627 like this.
  29. Sander 001

Sander 001

All professional sports are businesses first and foremost(except the Olympics which is a corrupt flaming pile of burning tires but that topic is for another day!) so entertainment is prioritized :)

I don’t mind the slipstream setting but I do care if it’s going to be another punt fest like Vegas, or are they sorting it out :sick:

30. juanffy18

juanffy18

OHHHH god this is lovely
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.