Update 1.31 speculation thread - coming December 5th

• Thread starter Envoxeb
  • 1,247 comments

what do you think about the new track?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't they usually have a trailer up by now? I thought they usually put out a trailer on monday of the week the update's coming out. Maybe we gotta wait til tomorrow to see the trailer/confirmed car list. This is a waiting for trailers week. GT Sport, Avengers on wednesday, and who knows what on thursday but I'm betting a last of us 2 release date trailer (they suspiciously put up a TLOU 2 video on the playstation channel. Might not be a coincidence.)

I loved driving the F50 in DC. Until GT arrived DriveClub was the best racing game on the PS4. Shame it didn't work out. The idea was great - a free online racing game at launch. But that's a whole other story.

Only a couple of days left. F50 is going straight in my garage, and then I hope it gets used in a one make race some point soon.

It did work out though kind of. Sold great, and was adored by the community. Sony was just too stupid to realize what a great thing they had just because it had a rough launch and got panned by gaming sites that are frankly clueless when it comes to racing games. Almost as clueless as Sony is when it comes to racing games (seriously, how stupid do you have to be to close Studio Liverpool and Evolution? 2 of the most consistently great racing studios ever.)

I loved driving the F50 in DC. Until GT arrived DriveClub was the best racing game on the PS4. Shame it didn't work out. The idea was great - a free online racing game at launch. But that's a whole other story.

Only a couple of days left. F50 is going straight in my garage, and then I hope it gets used in a one make race some point soon.

Driveclub was hated by many because it did not have free roam, customisation or tuning or even a story.

Its ridiculous because people who have played the PGR Series and the Classic NFS Era like NFS 2 enjoyed the game very much.

It did work out though kind of. Sold great, and was adored by the community. Sony was just too stupid to realize what a great thing they had just because it had a rough launch and got panned by gaming sites that are frankly clueless when it comes to racing games. Almost as clueless as Sony is when it comes to racing games (seriously, how stupid do you have to be to close Studio Liverpool and Evolution? 2 of the most consistently great racing studios ever.)

The game was great in the end, and weather effects unparallele..unmatched, but it has been a hard time for Sony racing game studios. Especially gutted about Studio Liverpool as I grew up with Psygnosis games. Meanwhile Microsoft is investing in studios. Are Sony following the PS2->PS3 hubris pattern again?

And don't get me started with the gaming press. Why are they all so clueless on racing games? I recently watched a podcast between the Vegas and Monaco finals where the presenters claimed that Sony didn't have any E-sports, and they are inaccessible because people don't understand the games.

@MrWalfz55 you can already use this for the time being....#senna #gtr #vlogo or click on the pictuer for the car

Downloaded!👍

The soon to arrive dlc has got me really interested in the current crop of Ferraris and McLarens already in the game in anticipation. Cross model liveries and group shots will be the order of the day come Wednesday. Cannot wait to feel the handling and sound of the new cars. The F50 especially.

Last edited:

An old video but I think many can really appreciate the FUGU Z (even if they wanted the stock one) after watching this video... ;) 👍

It's just about the one modified car that's ironically, the most pure. It's not extreme. It's different. The details are just enough. Where the other three awards cars in game are wicked, the FZ appears basic. Refrigerator white helps its cause, but it's the daily driven canyon racer, I want to own right now.

One. More. Day.

Driveclub was hated by many because it did not have free roam, customisation or tuning or even a story.

Its ridiculous because people who have played the PGR Series and the Classic NFS Era like NFS 2 enjoyed the game very much.
The main reason it dissapoints them it because they expect to be a direct competitor to the Forza Horizon series. So when they realized it doesn't have any free roam and customization other than premade liveries, they quickly turn off considering just how liberating players could play if given such.

Its still a solid game though. Also "hated" is pretty strong term than "dissapointed" .

The main reason it dissapoints them it because they expect to be a direct competitor to the Forza Horizon series. So when they realized it doesn't have any free roam and customization other than premade liveries, they quickly turn off considering just how liberating players could play if given such.

Its still a solid game though. Also "hated" is pretty strong term than "dissapointed" .

Driveclub was never the competitor of Forza Horizon 2.

Does every racing game have to have customisation or free roam??

Guys at what time does the update normally drop? 12:00 am on the dot? i'm on the est time zone.

My 4 million bucks are waiting for the p1 gtr :embarrassed:

Me today waiting for the update to drop :lol:
homer-uhuuu.gif

Guys at what time does the update normally drop? 12:00 am on the dot? i'm on the est time zone.

My 4 million bucks are waiting for the p1 gtr :embarrassed:

Me today waiting for the update to drop :lol:
homer-uhuuu.gif

EST time 0:3:00 am on 5th December. Cannot wait to apply these gorgeous but fairly easy to make liveries:
p1-gtr-01.jpg 8AzhThH.jpg

Probably my most anticipated car to paint since the FT1500T-A.

Attachments

• 2017-mclaren-p1-gtr-with-driver-andrew-frankel-at-the-2017-goodwood-K4JMHG.jpg
    2017-mclaren-p1-gtr-with-driver-andrew-frankel-at-the-2017-goodwood-K4JMHG.jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
I think for Australians the change is tomorrow afternoon say 3pm.

I might just leave my ps4 on so it can do it while I'm at work.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there still a possibility that we´ll get a new track?

Or is the new Tokyo layout really all there is?

Well how about that? We get Rays wheels and some Nissan GT-R R35 colors in the Mileage Exchange. Just when we're getting the FuguZ. :)

Question about the ME. Is it in the "hard drive" like the Used Car Dealership? If it just cycles like the UCD, I can see why it doesn't seem to warrant an update

Tokyo Expressway East is already a part of the upcoming Manufacturer Series. If a new track doesn't come it's 3 Tokyo tracks in the same season... :nervous:

Probably they add Christmas songs in the menu or they change some layout of the menu (for example: the selection of the tracks, new brand manufacturer in the museum, etc..), or maybe there could be other hidden things... but is just a supposition :D

Well how about that? We get Rays wheels and some Nissan GT-R R35 colors in the Mileage Exchange. Just when we're getting the FuguZ. :)

Question about the ME. Is it in the "hard drive" like the Used Car Dealership? If it just cycles like the UCD, I can see why it doesn't seem to warrant an update
No, it just updates on the server. The way every video game has done it since 2008.

Driveclub was never the competitor of Forza Horizon 2.

Does every racing game have to have customisation or free roam??

To me its bad to not have tha abillity to upgrade and tune cars. An arcade should have that or its just bad in My opinion.

If it is a sim like project cars or ac its ok. But not for an arcade game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back