Update 1.31 speculation thread - coming December 5th

• Thread starter Envoxeb
  • 1,247 comments

what do you think about the new track?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
....What?

He would like to know if we will get 2 updates for this month since we did not get an October update. 1 update for tomorrow and 1 update on Christmas. I think that is what he is asking.

My answer would be no. Unless PD feeling the spirit of Christmas this year, they might just surprise us all.

What about it?? Are you trying to suggest a car that ceased production in 2016 is in anyway a current model?

What is your definition of current? I drive a 2014 so it’s more current than my car. More current than the majority of cars on the road today.

There’s not very many cars, 2016 or newer, that could hold a candle to the P1, so I think by that standard it is still a very current car.

What is your definition of current? I drive a 2014 so it’s more current than my car. More current than the majority of cars on the road today.

There’s not very many cars, 2016 or newer, that could hold a candle to the P1, so I think by that standard it is still a very current car.

My definition of current is the same as any other normal persons. As in now. A car now in production. Not difficult to comprehend really is it?! So no, a 2016 car is NOT current.

Good grief.

My definition of current is the same as any other normal persons. As in now. A car now in production. Not difficult to comprehend really is it?! So no, a 2016 car is NOT current.

Good grief.

Like I said, not many cars being produced today compare to the P1, so by modern technical standards, it is still a very current car.

And if that is your definition of current, there’s more than a few cars on the roster that are still being produced despite the in game car not being the 2018 model, so that’s a fairly weak argument.

It seems like PD's focal point and gimmick is to the regular - citizen cars, as PD's got that market stocked up.

Eh, it was was PD's calling card in previous generations. There's nothing particularly pedestrian about the majority of the cars that have shown up post-release in Sport, however. They're largely road cars, sure, but they're not things like a mid-spec Saxo or some of the other milquetoast models from the GT4 days.

Also, the reasoning that not adding modern race cars is to avoid drawing attention to the competition would largely apply to the road cars too, since most of them are also available in other games. :P

i hope the Pontiac is fun to drive cause i love the damn thing...same for the F50... turned out Ferrari has my favourite lineup in the whole game!

FWIW, I drove the F50 around the 'Ring and loved it. But, it was the BOP'd version that the aliens drove that day, and a stock version wasn't available. I'm not sure how much the experience will translate, but IIRC, it was only about a 50hp difference.

Like I said, not many cars being produced today compare to the P1, so by modern technical standards, it is still a very current car.

But it isn't a currently-in-production vehicle, which I believe is the point being made.

I'd agree that there needs to be a balance between historic models (and I mean both in the sense of models we closely associate with GT, and with the automotive world in general) and new metal. My tastes tend to skew older, but I don't think it's an out-there suggestion that the general gaming fan, or a person with only a passing interest in cars, will be lured more effectively with something like a Chiron or the latest Lambo.

So PD is trolling us really hard with the update trailer :lol: :lol:

Wasn't there a month we got the trailer after the update?

Eh, it was was PD's calling card in previous generations. There's nothing particularly pedestrian about the majority of the cars that have shown up post-release in Sport, however. They're largely road cars, sure, but they're not things like a mid-spec Saxo or some of the other milquetoast models from the GT4 days.

Also, the reasoning that not adding modern race cars is to avoid drawing attention to the competition would largely apply to the road cars too, since most of them are also available in other games. :P

FWIW, I drove the F50 around the 'Ring and loved it. But, it was the BOP'd version that the aliens drove that day, and a stock version wasn't available. I'm not sure how much the experience will translate, but IIRC, it was only about a 50hp difference.

But it isn't a currently-in-production vehicle, which I believe is the point being made.

I'd agree that there needs to be a balance between historic models (and I mean both in the sense of models we closely associate with GT, and with the automotive world in general) and new metal. My tastes tend to skew older, but I don't think it's an out-there suggestion that the general gaming fan, or a person with only a passing interest in cars, will be lured more effectively with something like a Chiron or the latest Lambo.

The Bugatti Chiron would sure be a nice Christmas present.

As much as I despise the F50, I'm still curious to see how it drives. But it's a hefty premium compared to the F40 which turns me off. Just like the 288 GTO. But I have 7 million in the bank so I can easily afford it, even after dropping 3.6 million on the P1 GTR.

Dude he wasn't just in the third fast n furious. Frankly that was the least he was known for. He was in 3, 4, 5 and 6. Don't neglect the much bigger role he played in the series besides just the 3rd movie which frankly might be the least watched and least popular

Okay, but that would require you to play The Crew 2 and no human should be subject to that kinda of torture.

Big LOL :lol:

A Chiron surprise can actually happen because of its timing with TC2. No strong hints FM7 had a timed-exclusivity deal with the Chiron like it had with the new Ford GT and 911 GT2 RS, but this business practice has always been around.

Dude he wasn't just in the third fast n furious. Frankly that was the least he was known for. He was in 3, 4, 5 and 6. Don't neglect the much bigger role he played in the series besides just the 3rd movie which frankly might be the least watched and least popular

The 3rd film is actually one of my favourites, i only liked them up until 4 then they killed off all the old characters and the story lines were stupid.

Read the entire paragraph. Context is important. 👍

No, it just updates on the server. The way every video game has done it since 2008.

You can test these things... if you disconnect from the server, what exactly can you do?
My question is about how the ME gets updated. Does it cycle like the old UCD or do PD say, "Ah, just give them some blues this week and Work wheels."? Then, hit a button.

In GT6, I could still buy wheels without being connected to the internet.

The majority of people don't seem to have fuel consumption turned on in my experience so it doesn't matter. Either way it was in GT6 so there's no excuse for it to not be in the game.

Can I just say I'm pumped up that the Firebird is back! One of my favorite drift sleds from GT6. Easy to tune and it can rip with the best of them. Though part on me wishes the Buick Special and Grand National were coming back as those are two cars that could benefit from GT Sport's algorithms and the livery editor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back