Update 1.31 speculation thread - coming December 5th

• Thread starter Envoxeb
  • 1,247 comments

what do you think about the new track?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
As a BMW fan I'm not going to pretend I wouldn't like to see the M8 GTE in GTS, but generally, why is having the latest cars actually "truly" a "benefit" to the game? I accept that building a robust car roster for each class is worthwhile, but how does having a 2018 car actually achieve that?

I’m with you on this one. As a die hard Gran Turiamo fan, I thought (incorrectly obvs.) that GTSport was going to dawn a new era. A new era of racing and with it a new approach to the car roster.

Event series and their racing counter parts should’ve come first before showing off premium old title as well as old vehicle classics; I really couldn’t give a stuff about most of these average standard cars.

GTLM, GTE, Blancpain, 24hrs of Spa/ Le Mans, Porsche Cup, Super Trevor etc are truly great racing events with great vehicles that I think PD missed the boat on to be frank and honest.

I’m not a huge BMW fan but at the same time would love to drive that new M8 GTE, the same for the Ford GTE.

I’ll keep playing of course but it does leave me disappointed.

I’m with you on this one. As a die hard Gran Turiamo fan, I thought (incorrectly obvs.) that GTSport was going to dawn a new era. A new era of racing and with it a new approach to the car roster.

Event series and their racing counter parts should’ve come first before showing off premium old title as well as old vehicle classics; I really couldn’t give a stuff about most of these average standard cars.

GTLM, GTE, Blancpain, 24hrs of Spa/ Le Mans, Porsche Cup, Super Trevor etc are truly great racing events with great vehicles that I think PD missed the boat on to be frank and honest.

I’m not a huge BMW fan but at the same time would love to drive that new M8 GTE, the same for the Ford GTE.

With the glut of new or updated GTE and GT3 cars announced for the next season by the likes of Audi, Aston, Bentley and McLaren and a few strange long overdue omissions from GT Sport, such as the 488 GT3 and the Ford GTE, let us see what we might get before or during the start of next season. Introducing such new cars during the last season wouldn't have made much sense. Now it is over we still have a bit of time before the next one starts. PD would have to be crazy to let probably the most important race class in the game go stale after one season. Especially after a first season that proved a great success with the FIA Championships. If we don't get any by then, then PD will have made a big error and would have me worried.

Hopefully Kunos and Simbin do not have exclusive or timed licenses on the new models of those class of race cars for their upcoming, officially licensed GT3 and GTE race titles, respectively. Fingers crossed.

Last edited:
I very much like the look of this. Got some great curves and it has, for me personally, the body design that would accommodate a diverse amount of livery styles that would suit it, regardless (within reason) of what the community creators come up with.
Looking forward to getting hold of it ! :)

Kinda reminds me of Mad Max (the original) in a way. Might look great with something that evokes the look of that film's cars perhaps!

Dtkd4hfVYAMrrix.jpg:large

Anyone else think that Polyphony have been a bit suspiciously quiet about this update? I mean, the silhouettes dropped ages ago and as of right now the update trailer still hasn't dropped. We already know the cars, and a track, but I've got a slight suspicion that there "might" be something more.

Of course, it's all speculation and tinfoil hats, but I'm just getting my thoughts out there. I've been wrong before. :D

Anyone else think that Polyphony have been a bit suspiciously quiet about this update? I mean, the silhouettes dropped ages ago and as of right now the update trailer still hasn't dropped. We already know the cars, and a track, but I've got a slight suspicion that there "might" be something more.

Of course, it's all speculation and tinfoil hats, but I'm just getting my thoughts out there. I've been wrong before. :D

We already know major Sport Mode matchmaking changes are coming this month, so the bulk of the update will likely consist of rejigging the regional servers. https://www.gtplanet.net/major-changes-coming-to-gran-turismos-sport-mode-this-month/

Good points and I'm with you here however, that's exactly why PD is putting more emphasis on these cars rather then the up to date cream of the crop Race Cars.. Simply put, those cars highlight PD's main advercary's products, like Assetto Corsa and Project Cars 2 where 24hrs of Spa/ Le Mans, Porsche Cup, Open Wheel etc. cars are the most abundant and emphasized.

It seems like PD's focal point and gimmick is to the regular - citizen cars, as PD's got that market stocked up. Makes sense to me, especially with the gap we have prior to the next World Championships.

I know Forza is supposed to be strong in this regard as well but I can't speak for it as I've never played it.

For me, I'm at a point in this game where I don't get too excited on what cars or tracks we're going to be getting anymore.

You can give me all the cars and tracks in the world but, I'd be far happier if we were to finally be able to adjust our Field of View (FOV) in any View Mode or to be able to adjust our seat and view point more in Cockpit View.

Is the title of the latest update article correct? It's inferring Tokyo Expressway South Loop layout(s) will arrive on December 5th, but is it definite? Otherwise it may come at a later date in December. Just wondering :P

Last edited:
The title of the latest update thread should be changed as it states the Tokyo Expressway South Loop layout(s) will arrive on December 5th, but this is not confirmed - it may come at a later date

The Tokyo layout was confirmed to be a part of the 'December Update' during its showing on the Fia Event livestream.

Also, the article writers were there, at the event.

Unless you want to continue your pedantry by saying 'oh maybe the update on December 5th won't be THE December Update' somehow (even though the new cars are confirmed for the date), I think we're done.

Last edited:
With the glut of new or updated GTE and GT3 cars announced for the next season by the likes of Audi, Aston, Bentley and McLaren and a few strange long overdue omissions from GT Sport, such as the 488 GT3 and the Ford GTE, let us see what we might get before or during the start of next season. Introducing such new cars during the last season wouldn't have made much sense. Now it is over we still have a bit of time before the next one starts. PD would have to be crazy to let probably the most important race class in the game go stale after one season. Especially after a first season that proved a great success with the FIA Championships. If we don't get any by then, then PD will have made a big error and would have me worried.

Hopefully Kunos and Simbin do not have exclusive or timed licenses on the new models of those class of race cars for their upcoming, officially licensed GT3 and GTE race titles, respectively. Fingers crossed.

Those are fair points about waiting and I hope so; you raise other cars and I completely agree, 488 and what about Bentley?

The Tokyo layout was confirmed to be a part of the 'December Update' during its showing on the Fia Event livestream.

Also, the article writers were there, at the event.

Unless you want to continue your pedancy by saying 'oh maybe the update on December 5th won't be THE December Update' somehow (even though the new cars are confirmed for the date), I think we're done.

Who said there wouldn't be a Christmas update? I'm just saying.

Who said there wouldn't be a Christmas update? I'm just saying.

Well then that would be a Christmas Update then, and as you quite well put yourself, would be called a Christmas Update. Not 'The December Update'.

Your pedantry isn't just boring, it is incorrect and illogical too. And no, don't try to cover it up as a 'joke' by adding an emoticon in an edit lol. You've tried to be clever and a pedant and been shown to be incorrect.

I hope you enjoy driving the new layout(s) tomorrow in the December update.

Is the title of the latest update article correct? It's inferring Tokyo Expressway South Loop layout(s) will arrive on December 5th, but this is not confirmed - it may come at a later date in December. Just wondering :P

Lol, along with the server maintenance notice sitting there right now...(UK)

Although I would have liked a normal P1 as well, the P1 GTR has barely appeared in video games at all (much less than the original) so I'm still happy.

What? The P1 GTR is at least also in Assetto Corsa, Project CARS 2 and Forza (several titles).

Well then that would be a Christmas Update then, and as you quite well put yourself, would be called a Christmas Update. Not 'The December Update'.

Your pedantry isn't just boring, it is incorrect and illogical too. And no, don't try to cover it up as a 'joke' by adding an emoticon in an edit lol. You've tried to be clever and a pedant and been shown to be incorrect.

I hope you enjoy driving the new layout(s) tomorrow in the December update.

What? I edited my post to avoid confusion, sorry if I did something wrong? :odd:

Those are fair points about waiting and I hope so; you raise other cars and I completely agree, 488 and what about Bentley?
I mentioned the Bentley, as an updated version was announced too late for it's inclusion in GT Sport last season. Also a legit Corvette GT3 or GTE and NSX GT3 wouldn't go amiss.

I feel the exact same way about it, I mean it's the first update that we get the 7 cars plus the track all confirmed before the trailer drops and PD didn't release it yet. Suspicious...
But I'll be honest, I'm not expecting more than these stuff (along with the sport mode changes).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back