Update 1.32 (January Update) Now Available - 8 Cars and SS Route X

• Thread starter Tomsoft
  • 850 comments
Mine does that maybe once out of every half a dozen starts and I feel like its just a sympton of the fact that I'm nearing 500 cars and the thing is just having a 'personal moment' trying to get up... notice it says flashing "online save"...

I have my PS4 on a 27" monitor with switching so I just switch to my pc while this is going on.

The game IS reliable... like it does eventually get to the desktop.

The whole install must be over 100Gb now so... big game, big save files (250Mb) and there must be some kind of encrytion decryption process AND the sync. with the online save.

It isn't an official Ferrari. It was named after Enzo's son Dino. It was then classed as a Dino. Not a Ferrari.

Ding ding, correecct.
It's not that it wasn't an "official Ferrari" and it's not that "people don't consideri it a Ferrari."

The car was never sold under the Ferrari banner. It was sold under the Dino name. And so, it's technically not a Ferrari.

Nissan builds Infinity vehicles. But they aren't sold as Nissans. The same concept applies here. Us Ferrari owners and buffs look at it from the heritage and purist standpoint:

It's not a Ferrari. It's a Dino. And that makes it even more collectible. Enzo knew that. And more importantly he wanted to Honor his son... The one that actually designed the car...

Ding ding, correecct.
It's not that it wasn't an "official Ferrari" and it's not that "people don't consideri it a Ferrari."

The car was never sold under the Ferrari banner. It was sold under the Dino name. And so, it's technically not a Ferrari.

Nissan builds Infinity vehicles. But they aren't sold as Nissans. The same concept applies here. Us Ferrari owners and buffs look at it from the heritage and purist standpoint:

It's not a Ferrari. It's a Dino. And that makes it even more collectible. Enzo knew that. And more importantly he wanted to Honor his son... The one that actually designed the car...

I don't think it was built as a Dino so that it would be collectible in 50 years, more that they didn't want something with comparatively little power being sold as a Ferrari.

I still think it's ridiculous to exclude it from the Ferrari series though. There's pretty much nowhere to race it otherwise.

I don't think it was built as a Dino so that it would be collectible in 50 years, more that they didn't want something with comparatively little power being sold as a Ferrari.

I still think it's ridiculous to exclude it from the Ferrari series though. There's pretty much nowhere to race it otherwise.
Well no.. of course that wasn't the intent (collectibility). I believe he wanted for his child to have his own creation, as most father's would. "This is HIS, not mine."

Still though, it was sold under a different brand name. And it WAS designed by Enzo's son who died tragically. I personally believe those two things alone warrant it's current place in the game. It's a matter of respect, heritage, and respecting heritage.

I believe that in the description in GT5 or GT6 of the Dino was stated that it wasn't seen as a Ferrari at first, but people are coming around to it. That although it hasn't a Ferrari badge itself, it was made by Ferrari and is tied to the brand to such a degree that more and more people are considering it a Ferrari. A quick Wikipedia search (I read the GT5/6 info a couple of years back)revealed that the only reason it didn't have the Ferrari badge is the lesser than 12 cylinders it has, which is hasn't to build a cheaper sports car. and this led to Ferrari daring to build an MR car
So I believe it is safe to say it is a Ferrari and PD made an honest mistake (Like it isn't available in the MR championship as well, so...)

Does anybody know how many premium cars have yet to be included in GTS and not including duplicates?
Ok so since nobody has actually done this (this is mad tbh) this site easily tells you all the premiums included in GT6: You can sort the list by including only premium cars and it will be roughly around 474 models. 474-25 Anniversary cars duplicates is 449 cars.
That minus all roughly counted 110 cars that were in GT6 (added to GT Sport) is around 339 cars.. ofcourse minus what you further consider duplicates of the same car in the GT6 list too.
I already helped you removing the GT6 returning cars and anniversary duplicates dont know if you consider Nascar and Go-karts duplicates too... so uhm yeah.

Around 250-300 + cars left from GT6.

Don’t know if anyone has been having this issue but after the update every time I boot up the game after the intro video the screen goes black, like the bgm is playing and all but won’t show me the UI.

Happened to me Thursday for the first time ever.

Same for me yesterday. Though, in my case it blacked out before the intro video right after the save check animation. I tried starting the game again, and haven't had it happen since.

Last edited:
Z8 on SSR X

Integra Type R DC2 Scapes. Interesting since in GT6 its the DC5 instead and PD call this an old model coming back.

Last edited:
Special Stage Route tracks are in the United States. Special Stage Route 5 is a Japanese style expressway, yet, it is in the fictional location of New River City with english street signs and right side traffic flow, despite the measurements being km over miles. Grand Valley is on the outskirts of that city, that is why the skyscraper skyline in the distance matches with the inner city track.
Although I believe Special Stage Route 7 is a Japanese highway system on the outskirts of Tokyo, some argue it is the tolled freeway connecting the East part of the city across grand valley.
You're traveling too much with the imagination, because SSRX is a test track set in America, precisely Alaska, but that does not mean anything. Special Stage Ruote 5-11 is set in Japan.

You're traveling too much with the imagination, because SSRX is a test track set in America, precisely Alaska, but that does not mean anything. Special Stage Ruote 5-11 is set in Japan.
According to the wiki, Special Stage Route 5 is based on a Japanese expressway going through a fictional city with no evidence it being in Japan. It is apparently an American city with "incorrect distances."
If it were to be set in Japan, the road signs would not be English and the traffic directory arrows would not be on the right side. It is legitimate to say the city is Japanese based, however, there is not much evidence suggesting it is in Japan. I also did not mean to say ALL SSR tracks are American that was my fault, yet, X and 5 are most likely set in the US, or, at least 5 being set somewhere mainland Europe.

According to the wiki, Special Stage Route 5 is based on a Japanese expressway going through a fictional city with no evidence it being in Japan. It is apparently an American city with "incorrect distances."
If it were to be set in Japan, the road signs would not be English and the traffic directory arrows would not be on the right side. It is legitimate to say the city is Japanese based, however, there is not much evidence suggesting it is in Japan. I also did not mean to say ALL SSR tracks are American that was my fault, yet, X and 5 are most likely set in the US, or, at least 5 being set somewhere mainland Europe.
The Wiki is not the bible, what it says is not always true

Yeah, the Wiki (I assume you mean the one at wikia?) isn't necessarily always right though. Little-known fact: the original SSR5 featured parts that were inspired by Florence.

Integra Type R DC2 Scapes. Interesting since in GT6 its the DC3 instead and PD call this an old model coming back.

The '98 Integra DC2 was in GT6, but it was a standard car. There was premium car too, but that was the DC5.

GT6 had no "DC3". Does that even exist?

Spent some time in the 350Z. Amazing car, from the handling to the engine. The engine doesn't overpower the chasis and vice versa - very balanced car. One area that really shines is the braking. It's very composed under hard braking (could be the new tire model). My only complaint is that the typical 350/370Z/Infiniti throaty exhaust note is missing. A great car for just about any track.

Took it to the Red Bull Ring:

I've been examining some BMW Z8 details up close, and I can't really see how the model has changed quality-wise over the car in GT6. The mesh around round objects (both interior and exterior) has very noticeable edges and exterior light clusters don't seem to have much detail depth in them. Has anyone been able to spot some improvements in the model? To me it looks like the premium model from GT6 has been carried directly over to GTS, but maybe I'm wrong.

It's supposed to be in Japan, not America. Almost every aspect of the track screams Japan, even if the signs are in English.

I've been examining some BMW Z8 details up close, and I can't really see how the model has changed quality-wise over the car in GT6. The mesh around round objects (both interior and exterior) has very noticeable edges and exterior light clusters don't seem to have much detail depth in them. Has anyone been able to spot some improvements in the model? To me it looks like the premium model from GT6 has been carried directly over to GTS, but maybe I'm wrong.

I think most of the tessellated GT6 cars use mostly the same 3d mesh in GTSport. Some tessellated cars have improvements like Ferrari Dino, and many of the GT5 premiums cars look to be completely remodeled to super premium like the Fairlady Z where it doesn't just have rounder edges but the panel spacing, thickness, and edges are completely different.

gtsdel.png

I think most of the tessellated GT6 cars use mostly the same 3d mesh in GTSport. Some tessellated cars have improvements like Ferrari Dino, and many of the GT5 premiums cars look to be completely remodeled to super premium like the Fairlady Z where it doesn't just have rounder edges but the panel spacing, thickness, and edges are completely different.

gtsdel.png

I would agree that the Fairlady Z has improved, but possibly not in all areas. Some interior details on this car look a bit like PS3 quality, in my opinion. But again, I'm slightly shocked how the BMW Z8 isn't looking much better on PS4 than it did on PS3.

I believe that in the description in GT5 or GT6 of the Dino was stated that it wasn't seen as a Ferrari at first, but people are coming around to it. That although it hasn't a Ferrari badge itself, it was made by Ferrari and is tied to the brand to such a degree that more and more people are considering it a Ferrari. A quick Wikipedia search (I read the GT5/6 info a couple of years back)revealed that the only reason it didn't have the Ferrari badge is the lesser than 12 cylinders it has, which is hasn't to build a cheaper sports car. and this led to Ferrari daring to build an MR car
So I believe it is safe to say it is a Ferrari and PD made an honest mistake (Like it isn't available in the MR championship as well, so...)

It was manufactured by Ferrari. It was designed by "a" Ferrari. So in that forum yes, it is a Ferrari.

But Nissan Japan also builds the parts that go into Infinity vehicles, as BMW also builds the parts that go into Mini's, and how FIAT actually ships some Jeep parts from Italy these days.

Imagine my surprise when I walked into parts one morning to get something that was ordered for a customers Cherokee- it still had the shipping label from Italy on the box. And it was an utter junk aluminum part as well!

I've never heard of the 12 cyl. story before. Ferrari has built V8 vehicles in the past, 308, GTO, 326, F40... and they still sold under the Ferrari banner so.. that's just not true. I wouldn't hold much water to that wiki story.

What I was saying before is something that was told to me by a well established Ferrari collector in Boston. (it was named and sold for Dino Ferrari, Enzo Ferraris son. Dino is his sons name. Dino designed the car.) This has also been repeated on television. It's a known fact. Anyone who says otherwise doesn't know what they are talking about.

Personally I hope they keep it as it is. It would go against Ferrari ideology and heritage to make it a full blown Ferrari without their permission.

Some random thoughts on the update:

I'm glad the Aston doesn't cost 20 million. A week of grinding La Sarthe should do it. The Porsche and Shelby is more expensive than I thought though.

As for the track, it isn't the most exciting but it has values. I just wish a proper GT5 style Machine Test is back with 0-60, 0-100, Launch G, 400m, 1000m and V-max measurements. They should also add a Lateral G meter to the HUD as well (there's a skid pan on the side of the last corner at Street of Willows). Boggles my mind how accurate testing features and replay telemetry are not included in a game so heavily focused on competition.

Also wish they added a DRS button so we can reach the Tomahawk's proper top speed, or at least make it automatic like the W08.

Circuit Experience next month is gonna be interesting :lol: "Make sure to keep your foot on the gas pedal, and keep your wheel straight". Would be interesting to see if the optimal line shown through the banking is high, low or middle.

For the top speed junkies, remember to select 15:20 time of day as this gives the highest air temperatures and minimum air resistance, hence giving 2-3 km/h higher top speed (tested in GT6). Even though the game doesn't show it, I bet air temp is also a factor in GTS. Why else would PD include such a specific time of day choice?

I look forward to the day there's a daily race combo on SSRX :lol: Something like LaFerrari on Comfort Hards with Strong Slipstream. It's probably the only time an E/E driver have as much chance at winning as S/S.

As for the Scapes it's more of an expansion of an existing location. I know I have a few pictures on Cambridge already before the update. So meh.

Physics initially I didn't notice too much of a difference to be honest. Maybe a little more rear grip and the threshold for rear grip loss has been made more progressive. But I haven't extensively tested it with a car/track combo I'm familiar with. In my view, since launch GTS has just progressively added grip to front/rear alternating with each physics update. Last update they buffed front end grip which made understeer better, now they buffed rear end grip. So net effect is the game is becoming more and more easier (not necessarily more realistic). I drove ACC's new update just the night before and it's still MILES ahead of GTS. I heard ABS glitch is gone, so that's one good work from PD (shouldn't be there in the first place though).

Anyway, not one to complain about free things, so on to the next month!

Am I the only one who doesn’t see friend’s times in Driving School and Learning circuits no more? I don’t see even my times in the tables (only new one, set after update)?

Now i have time to drive most of the cars and new track

Aston Martin DB3S CN.1 1953 (Gr.X)
This is the Only car in the pack i have not drive or bought yet, i don't think its worth spend 10
Mil, the Only way i will drive it, will be if i win it in daily workout

BMW Z8 2001 (N400)
Pretty expensive, but thats a good thing in one way as it can be used in the blue moon bay in gt league, it sounds pretty good, have agood range of use all the way to n600.

Ferrari Dino 246 GT 1971 (N300)
500k is very expensive Considering it Only has 191 hp. Still can be put upp to n300, it handles great, but to be honest i am not a fan of this car, i don't hate but don't like it either, its ok
And its great around the track. But i won't use it that Much.

Honda Integra Type R (DC2) 1998 (N200)
Amazing handling for an fwd. Good use all way up to n300. Sounds way better here than in Forza. I Love it. Hopefully this means we could get more standard cars made into premium, i am waiting
For My Mitsubishi gto premium.

Nissan Fairlady Z Version S (Z33) 2007 (N300)
Fun car to drive, i am glad its back, but the Power use is really disapointing, can Only be tuned to n500.

Porsche 356 A/1500 GS GT Carrera Speedster 1956 (N100)
Insane handling car, great range of use in the N classes, but 1,2 mil was more expensive than i thought it would be

Shelby G.T.350 1965 (N300)
Another Classic mustang i take that, thank you PD for bringing more classics back, they was really lacking at launch. We just need a few more new ones as well. This muscle car is very Quick, it handles great for muscle car, good range all way upp to n600

TVR Tuscan Speed 6 2000 (N400)
Tvr is back, what a beast the fastest car in the pack for sure its a bit tail happy, but its fast when it needs to be, and with up to n600 it will be a beast for sure

Track special stage route x
This track is Amazing their is no better track for a testing the cars perfomence. I don't see the hate for this track, they can really say that we have not got Any real life tracks becouse thats not true. Have heard some people say that no one wants thats track, that is just fake, the track is requested in the forums

The Wiki is not the bible, what it says is not always true
Yeah, the Wiki (I assume you mean the one at wikia?) isn't necessarily always right though. Little-known fact: the original SSR5 featured parts that were inspired by Florence.
It's supposed to be in Japan, not America. Almost every aspect of the track screams Japan, even if the signs are in English.

Like I said, it is a Japanese style track with the expressway like track system splitting through the city and the "emergency lanes" being filled with white lines rather than it being purely asphalt.
93511d1290549212-special-stage-route-5-strecken-setup-top-10-image01.jpg

hanshin-expressway-at-osaka-in-japan-stock-photograph__ik-2985-00289.jpg

However as you can see the lanes are left hand drive in Japan, whereas, in the Americas and parts of mainland Europe it is right hand drive. Which is the same for SSR5, as shown below.
yLjGn3.jpg

Thought that was interesting that the lanes are right hand drive and every street sign is in English. I am not "confirming" that SSR5 is based in the US, however, I do believe it may be and there is evidence supporting that theory. Yes I could be wrong, yet, this could be an interesting topic to talk about.
Also I realized that I stated that I claimed that the SSRs are based in the US when I truly meant to say I believed they were so I apologized about that for any miscommunication.

However, I hear at some point Grand Valley is coming to GTSport and there is a theory that the city in the background (shown at the end of start/finish straight) is the city in which SSR5 takes place because of the skyline matches with the building structures on the track. Such as the tallest skyscraper is a black glass structure on both tracks
08afedadb225ddb976e1a8a4fd8c005a-d737e8f.jpg

103177iBA914134C4F49E1A.jpg

So if Grand Valley were to arrive in GTSport, we may find out what nation it takes place in, thus, possibly finding out what nation SSR5 may take place in if this theory is true.

It really wasn't rude. If someone genuinely gets angry at what free content is added to a video game, they do need to get help. I didn't mention profanity or an insulting word.

Maybe not rude, but rather literal minded and serious. Lighten up, the post was just in jest

Back