Update after Maintenance once again

• Thread starter Coolsy101
  • 88 comments
This better fix the backfires!!
Nothing would please me more...forced my ps4 pro to 1080p and tried xjr9 the thing spits flames on upshifts too so cool...went back to 4k and no more flames...:boggled:
it worries me that PD hasn't acknowledged this bug yet so I fear it will be forgotten in this update too :guilty:

It's players with ropey connections that they haven't bothered to optimise, affecting everyone else.
Not my intention to start an argument with you, but I've had issues with players who do have the right connections settings, as I do. Static IP, upnp, DMZ, and wired connections and still having issues almost every time I try to race.

I'm hoping one of the fixes involves improving the visibility of the Gr. C cars' cockpit cams. They seem really dark. I think the Jag '88 is the only decent one of the trio.

Last edited:
I've had issues with players who do have the right connections settings, as I do. Static IP, upnp, DMZ, and wired connections and still having issues almost every time I try to race.
I look at it the same way House does: everybody lies. People will swear up and down they've done it right, even if they haven't. "Oh, I can't be bothered with that bit, it'll be fine", and so on. Unless I've set up their connection for them, and they're in the same room as me, I can't depend on it.

And of course some people have ISPs that hate gaming traffic, or which randomly change network profiles or shape traffic. Most people don't look into that and only go for what's the "fastest" they can get (without realising why it might be "fast").

I look at it the same way House does: everybody lies. People will swear up and down they've done it right, even if they haven't. "Oh, I can't be bothered with that bit, it'll be fine", and so on. Unless I've set up their connection for them, and they're in the same room as me, I can't depend on it.

And of course some people have ISPs that hate gaming traffic, or which randomly change network profiles or shape traffic. Most people don't look into that and only go for what's the "fastest" they can get (without realising why it might be "fast").

And then, trying to convince that person he is the one upsetting the lobby and ruining the experience for the other players >:-( And then, the ensuing argument when his friends stick up for him saying "When we play he is fine, it is you and your connection". Then I leave ;-)

So maybe PD would like to spend some of their bucket load of money and have dedicated servers? Then we can set rooms with Ping Times and have a better idea who the problem is.

I'm hoping one of the fixes involves improving the visibility of the Gr. C cars' cockpit cams. They seem really dark. I think the Jag '88 is the only decent one of the trio.
you can change it yourself to suit your needs, there are cars with very bad visibility in the default camera locations that they wont fix it since its not broken.

I think they will add every track in the history of real world and GT, every car ever made, every feature of every other GT game and every other car game and a penalty system you can set your own parameters to, every customisation feature, every weather mode, tyres to suit how ever you want

I agree. I think they will too

Probably a bug fix update with some Sport mode/FIA updates..

No way they're doing a content drop this quick after just releasing one..

hmm, since i have played the Version, but was not used to the Wheel on Nürburgring here my opinion:

- Tire wear is much higher (multiplicator will go down in Sport mode for sure)
- bigger differences between soflty driving and killing tires
- feels like less grip IMO
- better feel for grip loss

TZhis update was Ready after Worlrd tour but decided to be postponed, because of an issuse with balancing MR cars (Tire wear WAY to high).

Official FIA Session is postponed from Start of June to mid June, so i guess we will see the tire Physics before the start of the real Session!!

LESS grip!? Ffs

Im already tired of slipping everywhere unrealistically especially in Gr2 on RH tires that seem to made of solid rubbery plastic.

I wish they'd use RM at least for some classes

Guys i've noticed something about car thumbnails.
When i saw them disappeared - yesterday - after i stayed a little while in the cars selection screen - they started to appear one by one, just like the days in GT5 when you click the thumbnail refreshing button or something.

Last edited:
OK but what is the solution? At least they should not let these people join lobbies.
If 1: it's something the players can fix and optimize themselves and 2: GTS can detect unoptimized connections vs legitimately slow connections, then I'm all for banning these players in lobbies. Just include in the user manual how to optimize the internet connection for GTS. However if it can't be helped (like legitimstely slow connections) I think that's just going to cause an uproar

I really don't understand why PD don't send an official changelog about the update after the maintenance, 1 or 2 days before the update.. .
In this way we don't need more speculations everytime...
It's so sad everytime

I really don't understand why PD don't send an official changelog about the update after the maintenance, 1 or 2 days before the update.. .
It's so sad everytime

Because it gets people more interested if you leave them to wait. That's why this forum ends up with 20 page threads before an update is even announced, which builds up discussion and hype.

I don't know of many game developers who release changelogs before an update, at least not the day before.

It's so sad everytime
They release the changelog once the update is released. 95% of the games only list "various bug fixed and stability improvements" in the PS4's game update history.

Can’t this being an more than the big fix for lost cars. Won’t be any content, much like when the t500s weren’t working.

At the very most a couple of bits to add for the fia season such as star player but I’d even doubt this to be honest.

I don't know of many game developers who release changelogs before an update, at least not the day before.

Blizzard publishes fully detailed patch notes weeks in advance, as soon as the patches hit their public test servers. They've been doing this for over a decade. Nowadays, they even produce video interviews where the design leads talk about changes, giving players insight into the reasons behind the changes, and keeping them informed on what's planned for the future.

Blizzard publishes fully detailed patch notes weeks in advance, as soon as the patches hit their public test servers. They've been doing this for over a decade. Nowadays, they even produce video interviews where the design leads talk about changes, giving players insight into the reasons behind the changes, and keeping them informed on what's planned for the future.

That sure is another Level! :)

Back