Update Next Week - October 31

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not yet. But e-Tron vs Taycan is a nice start. :D
Again im sorry but no the E-Tron is on a different league of performance.

Would it really be worse then having Track Day cars either slapped in classes against Road cars who have no hope in keeping up or in GR.X that includes said Electric cars? I can't imagine it being even more nonsensical then a BMW I3 vs the Mercedes W08 EQ Power+.
True but 2 wrong decisions don't make a right.

Last edited by a moderator:
E-Tron vs. Taycan

Yeah see, this is where my idea of sub classes would work: Not having one-sided face-offs like that,

True but 2 wrong decisions don't make a right (apologies for double post).

Not sure how this would be a wrong decision. It puts a certain type of cars in a far more balanced class with appropriate sub categories as opposed to slapping all Electric cars of varying power levels in a class full of vintage race cars, formula cars, track day cars and VGTs (also of varying power levels). Frankly, GR.X is in general one big wrong decision so I fail to see how this is wrong or even worse then that.

Last edited:
Yeah see, this is where my idea of sub classes would work: Not having one-sided face-offs like that,
Yea I understand but the way things are know it would be one sided by default (then again the number of electric cars may increase a lot next year who knows).

MAybe some didn't notice the pic I posted of the SUper Taikyu Demio... it's a diesel. The standard diesel model has less hp than the petrol 1.5, but much more torque. Could be the first diesel model in game since the BMW 120d. We got the Hybrid Fit instead of a normal ICE version. Could be PD's odd choice to again, include a "different" take on giving us a new model.
ak3q9299.jpg

On the debate of the Mercedes Benz 300 SEL 6.3 I can pretty much confirm it to be a RACE car variant:
On the quote of @Volksauto
It's neither the stock SEL or the Waxenberger. It's the full on race car for two reasons. 1. It has spotlights which rules out the non AMG model. 2. It does not have a big chrome bumper present which replicates the race car. It's the Red Pig.

There is a 3rd:
You can clearly see a windshield banner.. as far as I am concerned no road car (except if you put one yourself :P) has a windshield banner.

So it must the race car:
20191024_143544.jpg

20191024_144211.jpg

On the road car itself:
1968-Mercedes-Benz-300SEL-6.3-e1455816440988-660x392.jpg

Yes its a 1968 version but it is just to show my point since the 1971 does not look completely different either.

So there you have it...

Last edited:
You can hate GRID 2019 all you want, but when it has more up to date race cars than GTS, there's clearly an issue here :indiff:

And Codemasters is cutting their games to the bone in terms of launch content to sell back as DLC, enough that most review outlets, even ones that are positive about the game, are pointing it out.

Not exactly the best comparison to make, bud.

On the debate of the Mercedes Benz 300 SEL 6.3 I can pretty much confirm it to be a RACE car variant:

There is a 3rd:
You can clearly see a windshield banner.. as far as I am concerned no road car (expect if you put one yourself :P) has a windshield banner.

So it must the race car:
View attachment 860007
View attachment 860008

On the road car itself:
View attachment 860010
Yes its a 1968 version but it is just to show my point since the 1971 does not look completely different either.

So there you have it...

And there you have it, overwhelming and compelling evidence.

And just to REALLY drive it home, here is the 1971 Road car:

IMG_20180123_122131250-1.jpg

Just for anyone that thinks its "Not obvious".

Last edited:
You can hate GRID 2019 all you want, but when it has more up to date race cars than GTS, there's clearly an issue here :indiff:

There really isn't. Without even trying I can think of a simple reason. GRID was released 2 years later, so of course it is bound to have more of the up to date race cars.

Wow an aventador sv bottom right sign me in even the packs are smaller now they have some Amazing cars, can’t Wait for that one. Bottom left is the taycan we already did know that. Top left a Mazda 2 or demio bot sure. Top right is a Classic mercedes not sure what one just yet

Why not the electric current cars not go for some N Class.
The I3 is maybe slower than some N100 class, Tesla fit in the N300 or N400, and Taycan too. Those cars have great acceleration but in final speed many of the combustion cars eating them.
Or creating a group called NE Series. Real electric cars.

The real question is... will it be called the Demio or the Mazda2?
Already the car is called Mazda 2 in Japan
https://www.mazda.co.jp/cars/mazda2/?car_id=mazda2
But well the Mazda 6 is called Atenza in GT Sport so i think is Demio.

Mazda DEMIO SPORT '10 in GT6
latest

Last edited by a moderator:

There is a 3rd:
You can clearly see a windshield banner.. as far as I am concerned no road car (except if you put one yourself :P) has a windshield banner.

So it must the race car:
View attachment 860007
View attachment 860008

On the road car itself:
View attachment 860010

So there you have it...
it also has the same deep dish wheels as the race car, so pretty much confirmed, I’m surprised no one picked up on the deep barrel racing style wheels.

Top right is a Classic mercedes not sure what one just yet
You are joking, right?
Already the car is called Mazda 2 in Japan
https://www.mazda.co.jp/cars/mazda2/?car_id=mazda2
But well the Mazda 6 is called Atenza in GT Sport so i think is Demio.
The Japanese market car has only been called the 2 since the most recent facelift. That was this month. If it's a Japanese car from anywhere between October 2014 and October 2019, it's a Demio. Anything else and it's a 2.

Could be the first diesel model in game since the BMW 120d. We got the Hybrid Fit instead of a normal ICE version. Could be PD's odd choice to again, include a "different" take on giving us a new model.

The current Mazda Atenza road car in GT S is a diesel. A bunch of Audi LM racecars in GT 5, 6 and Sport are also diesels. So it'd be quite far from the first diesel since the 120d.

I sure love driving the 300 SEL in Project Cars. It surely sounds amazing. I know it's not going to sound as nice in GT Sport but it'll look very pretty! I can't wait to experience it in GT!
Project Cars screenshot:
mercedes-benz-300sel-amg-01-jpg.105666

Also, GT sport has the advantage of a livery editor with a choice of wheels! This particular car at the Monterey Car Week looks pretty sexy IMO and I'd love to replicate it in GTS!
Mercedes-Benz-300-SEL-AMG-front-three-quarter.jpg

You are probably very funny and i must be missing something because who doesn't want COTAS, Lime Rock Park, Road Atlanta, Laguna Seca ? Tracks with history that host actual FIA GT races ?

Again, i bought into GT Sport thinking the focus was on racing. Instead of real life race tracks i get Mazda Demio's, old US muscle cars and other stuff that, unless PD creates a racing league, imo belongs in GT7. The lack of focus on what this game was supposed to be about is often frustrating. Kaz attending events like no other, would love for a journalist to press him on GT Sports lack of focus and schizophrenic identity.
Nah, i'm from the UK, and prefer european circuits, better still, circuits that we don't race on every racing game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back