Update suggestion

• Thread starter nitrorocks
  • 40 comments
MT Aso always sucked from my memory. :lol: I could be wrong though.

100% right - MT ASO is pretty much a waste of time, ridiculous blind summits / jumps and just too small.

Great idea about new background scene too. I'd quite like an ISLAND background and you build your track around that island. From tehe beach to the inner parts of the island that could be anything from jungle to snow covered peaks.

Also agreed 100% the lack of hairpins is very frustrating.

My suggestions given/using the current Course Creator NOT a "imaginary one".

1) Convert Mt ASO from a 'track' to a point to point "hill climb" style route. It has the terrain more suited to this than a track, plus the tarmac looks like a road rather than a track - so let's hill climb.

It'd bring a whole new eliment to the game, there's so many super cool hill climb vids on youtube - or it could act as a one off "touge" run too.

Length need to be increased aswell, Mt ASO far too short - just double the sections to 14 and make it point to point.

2) Scenery editor for Eiffel / Toscana.

Being able to manually edit the kerbs / trees / bushes / "GT" signs etc at side of track for different sections - or even put in things like the GT signs (or flags) that are already there, BUT where WE want to.

This means we can create "markers" to make it easier for people to learn the longer 6/7 sections courses.

So many people complain the longer sections all look alike. Being able to change one section from a barren landscape, compared to another where it's like the 'Ring with a dense forest at the side - this means it'lll be easier for people to idenify (and learn) different area's of the longer tracks much quicker.

Being able to manually put these "GT" signs, flags kerbs etc up in strategic places, these could act as artificial "braking marker" boards, or warning signs for the hardest corners.

Again, too many people complain that all the sections in the longer Eiffel / Toscana tracks look alike, so by adding these "GT Signs / flags" etc etc etc in strategic places, it will make the tracks easier to learn and less people will spit the dummy out.

This would also enable people to give their longer tracks a sense of identity too, again, helping to reduce confusing between tracks from the same source.

These flags and signs are already being generated automatically, why can't we place them manually.

3) Being able to "FREEZE" a track design and then lay that over different terrain. The course creator brings up different terrain as you scroll through them, but the track changes. The track also changes when you manually create your own - so surely there must be a way of laying a "frozen" design over the different terrain and see what that is like to drive round.

Even if we can't lay it over different locations of the same source (Eiffel /. Toscana) - surely could we not rotate it maybe 45 or 90 degrees, or even 15-20 degress would help some tracks.

So many times just one or two crazy blind suummits appearing from no-where have spoiled a great track - so frustrating.

There's loads more in a perfect world, but I feel these suggestions could be possible after using what we've got for so long - and they'd make a huge difference, especially to the longer tracks.

Just my 2$ worts :D

H

MT Aso always sucked from my memory. :lol: I could be wrong though.

Used to be one of my favorites. As it is I have only one unconverted Aso track, Backfire Ridge (got the name from someone here on GTP so if it was your idea, post in here!). It's in something like its fourth version now, and I won't convert it for fear of ruining the carefully chosen layout.

To be able to CREATE a track, not have a list of pre-designed tracks. I want to create each corner myself like I was drawing it, PD always half-do things :grumpy:
Hi mate, I like the fact that it's difficult to make the best track and making the best track takes time. If he made it that you can do anything to the track it wouldn't be that much fun. It takes me hours to come up with a good track and days to make an awesome one. If it was easy then anyone could do it.

You should also be able to customize the pit lane so you can have the super cool Eifel pits at Mt Aso. So on and so forth. I agree with the whole reverse idea because some tracks would work great one way but in reverse it is mindblowing. Individual Corner and Straight editing would be nice as well

Back