Final Quick Match Races 2-7-18

Fast.

image.jpeg

Oddly fast, it was indeed. Maybe I was turbo boosted?

Is it the fewer cars on the grid the faster the overall pace?
That generally is the case, but there is this strange bug which seems to affect this event too.

Unfortunately I've only been the beneficiary of it once - even with other cars knocking me off, or giving me penalties, I was still able to keep getting back to the front and winning.

If I remember right, the bigger the gap in the field, the more pronounced the boost is so last place gets the most boost and first can't gap you as they'll be slowed down as much as you're being boosted.

To be honest, boost race lap times spin me out but they're kind of funny. Letting everyone put a lap on you and then setting the quickest lap you can. I beat my PB lap time by 4 seconds when they did the boosted HSR quick match doing that.:crazy:

Holy moly Brands Hatch is full of the worst drivers I've come across. There's a few good, clean guys, occasionally, rarely, but 99% of these guys either can't drive, have no idea where they're going (which is fine because Brands sucks), or just cant succumb to someone faster so they ram the crap out of you until you're forked.

Sad racecraft skills.

Sad gamer skills.

And just sad.

The TS030 one make race at Trial Mountain is the better option and you can even choose to not drive a TS030...:lol:

The GT40 Race Car is mental with close to 700hp. The tune I've got is a proper bar steward in the corners (mostly sideways navigating) but it's easily the quickest car out there...if I can ever tame it. Power sliding round the long right hander before the back straight, I'm hitting over 180mph (ish) at the end. The TS's look like they're standing still when I pass them.

The HSV's can get down to mid 17s if you're lucky with TS tows and even the Chappie 2D can hit 18s. Citroen Race Car comes in at 19s and a dream to drive but all these cars are frustrating as hell when everyone keeps turning up in the TS030.

Someone like yourself could take one of these harder to drive cars and embarrass a lot of the so called rabbits in there.

Not drive the TS030? l'm surprised those words can even form a sentence! I can see the sentence there, but it doesn't makes sense. Looks like I just hit a bunch of random keys.

:D

Holy moly Brands Hatch is full of the worst drivers I've come across. There's a few good, clean guys, occasionally, rarely, but 99% of these guys either can't drive, have no idea where they're going (which is fine because Brands sucks), or just cant succumb to someone faster so they ram the crap out of you until you're forked.

Sad racecraft skills.

Sad gamer skills.

And just sad.

Yeah, the Brands Hatch event draws the terrible drivers like a magnet. Moreso if you happen to be driving a Corvette or GT i've found.

Also, thanks for the wins in the 600PP events earlier! (green Supra) You didn't have to give the positions back, i usually let the TS030's past because needlessly blocking them will only risk spoiling my own race, and i can't keep up with the best driven ones (I quickly re-pass the slow ones)!

The Corvette gets hammered on. Garners no respect until it pulls on every car out there. Then it seems to just piss people off. Which is fun.

Don't mind me in a TS030… I'm just passing through. :D

@coryclifford

Just thought I'd let you know that I beat my pb last night (15.1) but I'm not sure it should count when you've literally pushed me down the straights for a speed boost...:D

To be honest, it felt like I was in a lower classed car seeing how quick you could close a gap and a rear view mirror full of your reflection seriously rattles the cage. Too much pressure for 1am.:lol:

The tune tweaks were spot on though so I should get a 14 soon.👍

Willow is great fun, but it's one of those events where the other car always wins.

Started with an R8, a Corvette kept winning. Changed to the Corvette and an R8 kept winning.....

And why are the cars so close together on the grid? It's almost impossible to get away from the back of the grid without hitting a slower starter.

After new quick race updates my racing screen data now only shows the cars and not the screen names of the drivers..Is this a common problem or did I hit the wrong button ??

Not sure where . I went into the game settings and could not find an option to correct . If you know where it would a big help. thanks
It's in the on track menu. Go into any offline event (free run is easy) and enter any track, then Pause>Quick Options>Driver Display List. Good luck and hope this helps.

I can't understand this.There seems to be a reasonable effort in balancing the cars for the Fuji event.How on earth it''s possible that some guys cut the chicane in a massive way and it''s still possible to enter this event with SRF on..:yuck:

4-5 seconds quicker using SRF means I hop races a hell of a lot on that quick match only to find the next race has someone using it as well.

I just can't comprehend what a person gets out of cheating in an online game. Sure they get a win but it's such a shallow victory that it's worthless to anyone but them. I would hate to be known as a cheat but they obviously don't mind. Spineless low life's.

It's got that bad in the last couple of months, I've built myself a gaming PC and started to look for greener grass elsewhere.

Latest Posts

Back