Final Quick Match Races 2-7-18

Any chance of you letting me know their times? I've spent 4 hours lapping Bathurst and seen nothing unusual...well, apart from me still winning most of the races and having the quickest time I've seen so far of 6.07.5 and 2.00.5 and that's about my limit. Perhaps they're into the tuned QM instead but that's fine by me. I'm not visiting that one.:P
There was one person doing 1:57's at Bathurst yesterday, pretty sure it was SRF assisted, I didn't stay to race after seeing that time (in comparison to yours).

Thanks mate.👍

I wish the top dogs would do the quick matches so we could put a known name to times like that though. I'm pretty sure they could take 3 or 4 seconds off my time but it's always someone anonymous. I do a search of the top time triallers but I rarely, if ever, find them. I suppose they could be under a different name but the times I've seen top 50 drivers in QM's, they're under their own name.

Bugs the hell out of me, wondering if it's skill or SRF. I'll be glad when I can put GT6 to bed.

How can you determine if someone is using the SRF cheat? I only say as I raced three French guys last night who were wall riding and ramming people out of the way into the cutting (up the hill, double left 2nd gear) and turning 1:59s. They got past me at the start before turn 1 on acceleration and/or pulled away up the straight to turn 2. They could be just super quick and bad racers....hard to know as the general racecraft on GT6 QM is appalling.
I've got replays where guys are almost sideways across the top of the mountain and stay in the throttle and keep going forwards without spinning. But they are slow - without fail these guys are incapable of sub 2:05 laps - I find 2:02 - 2:05 will win you most races if you can clear the dodgems on the first lap.
Also what's with the penalty on turn 1 when your car is rammed from behind and you end up with the penalty?
Fast acceleration off the start is the other symptom of SRF, so I would say they were using it.

That T1 penalty has always been a problem at Bathurst....

Edit: Races this afternoon ruined by people consistently running 1.56s.........

Last edited:
Guys, as I understand SRG is abbreviation, but I struggle to find what it really means.
I'm trying Monza with Pescarolo C60 really hard, 1.25.8 my best, I can see 1.24.9, probably, but some guys running 1.23.3 with same car... just do not get a clue how... saved a couple of onboards, watched, analysed... lines aren't perfect, but speed in the corners is very high.
Or am I just stupid (Most likely)?

What is close to very good time with 700pp C60 at Monza?

Thanks!

SRF = Skid Recovery Force.

700pp Garage: Monza
1:28 is my normal target but I have gotten down to 1:26 with slipstream. Trying different cars at very high PP and they perform better than expected. Racing Medium tyres are very DS3 friendly.

Remember to brake early, blend off it while turning in gently and early! Then you get increasing rotation to make the very important kerb-straddling apex points. Attacking braking zones will just give you poor exits. Or even send you inside of the exit kerb with a 3 second penalty - the worst exit of all.

Some lesser used fun cars I liked here:
  • Jaguar XJR-9
  • Audi R10 TDI
  • Audi R8 (Team Playstation Oreca) '??: 1000bhp+ 950kg
  • Toyota GT-One (TS020) '99: 1055bhp 905kg
Many others which I haven't run yet!

Last edited:
What about Monza Pescarolo C60 times?
I think i can make 1:26 laps with it. On this track i have no problems with SRF (on or off) I dont care here.

I'm faster in the turns on this track. Breaking points are very important. But this is one of my favorite tracks.

Yes, RH. Part worn judging by the feel of them though.:lol:
Finally got around to driving this last night.

GT500 + RH makes for some very realistic times and feel of the car, especially with TCS-0

QM's are getting better and better with far less issues with rammers, etc.
Especially in GT3, GT500 and Supercar races on lower grip tyres, they just shoot off art the first corner and are done for the race

This is all I want from GT Sport, but with better sounds and variety

I'm addicted to the HSV's. Very lively handling and brilliant from a standing start. I think it would be sacrilege to use traction control with them as well. They beg for steering on the throttle with a lovely bit of lift off over steer.

Still 4/10s off the 59s and likely bad habits stopping me going quicker but there's not many better tracks to kill an hour just enjoying the driving. I look forward to the dipper every single lap.:P

I'm a fan of the GTR in the GT500
and like you say, slow in, and get on the loud pedal to make it turn rewards you with some great terminal speeds at the end of the straights,
But my favourite section is always the run from the Cutting across to the Dipper,
Getting it right and fast though McPhillamy and Reid Park is a great sensation

Getting my skills back up to snuff in QM's has been a rough adventure but there has been some bright moments. Some of the GT500 battles, in particular, have been intense. 👍

Related to that, I find the HSV easier to manage, especially at the top of the hill with a 1:59:3 under my belt. That said, the GT-R will pass an HSV driver of similar pace down the straights so they have that advantage going for them. I have gotten the GTR down to 59.8s although Sulman and McPhillamy Park continue to be a struggle with consistency. I haven't touched the Lexis but I want to give it a spin to see where it stacks up.

You've made my day listing your times as now I've got a top benchmark of what's possible with those cars, instead of guessing if I'm seeing an SRF time or talent.👍

I took a tenth off my time for a 00.3 last night and really happy to see I'm only a second off your pace. I'll hopefully have a drafters chance against the big guns with my pace.:P

I can run pretty much a flat 2:00 or 2:01 in the lead with the Calsonic GTR
only aid, ABS1
getting the run up to and through the Cutting is my main problem with this car,
you've got to me millimeter perfect on the first turn-in, otherwise you run wide in the entry and cost heaps of time across the entire top.
but I love it.!
i'd really like GT500 races to be 5 laps,

You've made my day listing your times as now I've got a top benchmark of what's possible with those cars, instead of guessing if I'm seeing an SRF time or talent.👍

I took a tenth off my time for a 00.3 last night and really happy to see I'm only a second off your pace. I'll hopefully have a drafters chance against the big guns with my pace.:P
Based on my long experience, the absolute top guys tend to run 1-1.5 seconds fast than I do. I haven't met anyone like that yet in the QM's, though. Being able to get close to 2:00 flat consistently should be plenty enough to compete against just about anyone. The hard part is going up against someone with similar pace. While the added pressure is exciting, it's so easy to push a bit too hard and crash, especially how (at least for me) the limited steering angle I can give the GT-R.
I can run pretty much a flat 2:00 or 2:01 in the lead with the Calsonic GTR
only aid, ABS1
getting the run up to and through the Cutting is my main problem with this car,
you've got to me millimeter perfect on the first turn-in, otherwise you run wide in the entry and cost heaps of time across the entire top.
but I love it.!
i'd really like GT500 races to be 5 laps,
First corner has an appropriate name and I agree with 5 laps. Took me quite a while to become faster because 3 laps isn't always enough to get one clean lap in.

First corner has an appropriate name

It's the first part of "The Cutting" which is a double apex job
but it's never actually had a name of it's own.

Turn 3 on this image though.

Mount_Panorama_Circuit_Map_Overview.PNG

It's the first part of "The Cutting" which is a double apex job
but it's never actually had a name of it's own.

Turn 3 on this image though.

Mount_Panorama_Circuit_Map_Overview.PNG
Ah, okay. I thought you meant T1. Yeah, the Cutting complex is one of those places where I could attack it different ways. Trying to go at it as one super long corner and kinda babying in the nose is my preferred method.

I managed to get some decent seat time in the Lexis. The good news is that I managed a 1:59.475 after two hours of effort. It also seems like it has the best top end speed. The bad is that I don't have much confidence driving it at all. For whatever reason, it just has this unpredictable nature on what it will do at every corner to where it feels like the toughest car to run 59s with. In one run in particular from Skyline through the Esses, I had one of the best saves in my entire GT career. The Lexis tried to snap around 4 or 5 times in a row and I somehow saved it without even touching the wall. Impressive feat but I had too many of those scary moments overall.

In summary:
HSV - Best handling and easiest to drive, especially at the top of the hill. However, it's also the slowest.
GT-R - Good speed although handling isn't up there. Requires some throttle management but car is predictable to drive with enough practice.
Lexis - The fastest but a bit of a pig. The car can understeer or have the rear snap.

The Cutting is probably my most important corner if I want a good lap but it's also the most inconsistent for me. Too tight and I light the tires up on the exit or brake slightly later and gamble with the outside wall. My line is probably ok but my crap throttle control throws me off it too many times. I'm not complaining though. Griffin's Bend through to Forrest's Elbow will likely always be my favourite sequence of bends in the whole game.

A few more runs today and I was able to get all 3 GT500 cars to around 59.4-59.5. Personally, the GT-R is my favorite but I'd choose the HSV if I had to run a longer race. The only Lexis I want to drive is the one I'll leave the track with at the end of the day.

The SC430's scare me enough to never use them. The nose always pushes wide under power and the high speed over steer causes my heart to miss beats.:scared:

Got a couple of .2's last night (HSV) and one was a lap where I choked on the last corner and fishtailed. I'm pretty sure I would have had my first high 59 if I hadn't put a wheel onto the inside curb but at least I know I've got that lap in me now. I might try lowering the DS3's sensitivity down from 7 for when I start getting a bit nervy. Correcting the corrections from the corrections with 7 is hard work over the mountain.:P

Drove a bit on Bathurst today. Probably 20 races. A lot. SRF is so obvious now. Dive bomb in, computer picks up the pieces, they make the corner. Call them out, they call you names. I rationalize it realizing they're probably kids.

Last edited:
The SC430's scare me enough to never use them. The nose always pushes wide under power and the high speed over steer causes my heart to miss beats.:scared:

Got a couple of .2's last night (HSV) and one was a lap where I choked on the last corner and fishtailed. I'm pretty sure I would have had my first high 59 if I hadn't put a wheel onto the inside curb but at least I know I've got that lap in me now. I might try lowering the DS3's sensitivity down from 7 for when I start getting a bit nervy. Correcting the corrections from the corrections with 7 is hard work over the mountain.:P
DS3? Well, more respect, then. I used to be fast with one but that was a long time ago.

The Lexus from McPhillamy Park to the Dipper is what makes me stay away from it. Car will fishtail or hop off line even if you're careful. It's a good workout, though.
Drove a bit on Bathurst today. Probably 20 races. A lot. SRF is so obvious now. Dive bomb in, computer picks up the pieces, they make the corner. Call them out, they call you names. I rationize it realizing they're probably kids.
I guess I've been fortunate that I haven't had as many encounters with SRF drivers. It's usually being driven off track.

On a bit of an aside, I have also done a fair share of the Indy Road Course races. Not much point providing lap times but I hate the LFA's brakes and I like the Mercedes for providing a good balance. Fastest, I want to say Corvette because its advantage from a standing start. Otherwise, you'll get ping ponged and ghosted to oblivion if you're stuck in the back.

Last edited:
Drove a bit on Bathurst today. Probably 20 races. A lot. SRF is so obvious now. Dive bomb in, computer picks up the pieces, they make the corner. Call them out, they call you names. I rationize it realizing they're probably kids.

I was messaging RoUxFr (notorious SRFer and short cutter) when I got fed up with him/her running low 56s constantly and even high 55s there. Told me SRF is always off for them. They're even sneaky enough to slow down at the end of the lap to try and make it less obvious and keep a few people for their next race. So low. So very low.

I've got to try and report it again to see if they'll look at it as the only reason I still play GT6 is for the quick matches. I've gone from 2 or 3 hours daily down to 2 or 3 hours a week.

Sorry for the double post but I got a reply after MastrGT reported again:

This will not be fixed if it is based solely in-game. There are no updates to GT6 planned.

I asked again, now, if it can be controlled on-line, but they already know about the problem, so don't hold your breath.

Nine months and they've refused to look at it in all that time. Confidence inspiring for a company looking at getting into e-sports.

I think it's time I got a controller for the PC.

We all know it's there. You either accept it and move on, or just move on.

I see a hack, give it my all, then either run again knowingly, or race with another group.

I run with guys that just want a full grid and can't care less about winning. I guess I'm a blend of that. Sure I want to win but really, a good and close race is more satisfying.

I share the same sentiment and (used to) spend most of my time just driving for the hell of it but I can't share the same space as the cheats any more. I seem to spend more time race hopping than I do racing nowadays and it seems every time I choose to turn the console on, the cheats turn it on at the same time. The majority of SRFers I see seem to be Europeans so I can't see it changing any time soon.

I'm going to try out the lobby races (never done one) until I find something suitable for the PC.

Back