Final Quick Match Races 2-7-18

I tried the Ruf RGT around Roma yesterday. Best lap a 1:12:10, total race time 3:43:xx – with moderate tuning and mediocre driving. It drives nice but is a bit of a handfull.

I reckon with a decent tune and a good driver it’s possible to drive 1:10:xx laps with it. That person is not me btw :)

Last edited:
Nurburgring Type V?! :D

Won in the SLS, was good fun once you get the past the first few corners, which are of course pot luck

Last edited:
There's a new Quick Match using the GT3 courtesy cars around 24 hour version of Nurburgring. Impossible to get into it but hey, at least it's cool to look at.

First time in a long while that all the Quick Match slots are full, I think? Nice they haven't removed any which were currently running.

Had a few great races at Nur 24h. Always seems to start me in last, so it's very hit or miss being able to get through all the goonies and have a good race with the fast guys. One race we finished 2-3-4 all a fraction of a second apart.

The GTR feels like a pig, only other car I've used so far was the Vette. Clearly slower in the straights but way better in the curves.

The Rome race has lots of potential but man, I really hate the track - no character. Especially in reverse. The first few turns are OK then I just want it to be over. It's always been a huge peeve of mine that they have reversed versions of tracks in GT.

Haven't done the GT3 event yet but I'll have to give it a go as the Z4 really likes that track. Hopefully they haven't messed the set up too much...

There's only 2 corners on Roma for me and that's the early hold your breath chicane and the sweeping left at the end before the straight. I know it's really 3 corners but it's a lot of fun sliding it all in one line. Especially when you get it bang on and tickle your wing mirror on the exit wall.

The worst thing about it for me is that I can barely hear the engine when I'm going over the cobbles. Makes things tricky when you change and hold rpm by ear. A shame too as I've still got all my tuned 500pp cars from back when Trial Mountain was the track.

Still hammering the Mazda for now though. I need three high 1:22 laps and a mid 1:26 first to get into the 35s and been a tenth off 4 times. One of them I got from 5th on the grid and ran a 27 first lap and three 22s. I reckon it would have been a 35.7 if I wasn't so far back... The one that got away...

If you're struggling a bit with the handling having 97kg to carry, add a different spoiler to get an extra 20 over the 500 you get as default. Tightens things up nicely through the medium/fast speed corners. Dropping the rear to 450 lets you slide the rear easier but it isn't worth that much time on a perfect lap over maximum downforce. It gives a bit more consistency for me and dropped my bench time by a couple of tenths anyway.

I'm up to 110 ballast on the Mazda, at position 48. Still can't get a 22 lap, but it feels weird motoring past unballasted cars on the straight and right hand sweeper.

What gearing are you guys that like the super charger using? I can't go faster than the mid turbo and stage 3 engine version.

Gearbox 5500 initial final and 112mph then 3.020, 2.151, 1.672, 1.390, 1.133 and 4200 final gear.

That's the gearing I'm using along with 97kg at 50. A second of wheel spin needs dialling out but it grabs traction better than most. You definitely get some momentum going before anyone else.

I've been testing with the extra downforce and managed to get into the 22s with it but it's a lot harder to do. 450-500 is a lot easier for getting them as the car rotates (sliding) better but you get a solid fast race pace with the extra downforce.

Lengthening the final gear to 4250 takes off the margin I leave aside for drafting and ups the acceleration. I've seen you're fast so I'd change it and lead from the front.👍

Set some personal bests in the Mazda tonight, 3:38's and 1:23.08x...but "Digtater" was faster! Running 1:22's and 3:36's over and over. Beat him once with the help of another car battling with us, with my stunning 3:38, again. :)

I did manage to get the supercharger to work well after lengthening 1 & 2 gears substantially.

Kilesa4568, I'm using 200/385 downforce and the cars balance is great. My set up pushes if I go much higher. I'm trying to find a way to stay on the throttle at the chicane before the last turn onto the straight.

I noticed some cutting over the grass. *sighsshakeshead

I saw 'Digitater' last night actually, he was winning most of the races by quite a sizable margin. My friend was having a go under my name so I missed out battling this player, but I cant match 22's anyway so no matter.

It's possible to take that turn with a very slight (1-2mph) lift to unsettle the car but I have to do a violent weight shift to help it. Get it right and you can hook a an inside corner to get you round and carry that much speed you're into the braking zone for the hairpin. If a front slides, the hairpin is a nightmare not to wash out on but the angle off the fast right lines you up for it. I've tried all sorts of line and haven't found a way to rotate the car any quicker so I'll give your downforce a try out.

If you're under 50 seconds on the checkpoint going down the hill, you're on for a high 22 if you risk it.👍

Improved my best lap around Roma to a 1:10.30x with the Miura. Car is dialed. But need to find some well tuned racers in a room to keep it interesting. I go in with my RS200 just to see what can be done. But stuck in the pack hasn't been much fun.

The 1:22's sound awesome for Cape Ring Mazda race! I cant get faster than a 1:23.2xx yet, but it's definitely fun to drive with good racers in there. Made a few new friends and had some great races!
I also found that I like 105 ballast all the way back for a 49/51 balance. I'm using mid turbo with stage 3 engine detuned to meet PP.
I'll have to give the supercharger another go, felt like too much wheel spin last time, but I Had way less ballast then too.
What's your tune for the Miura? I've been testing quite a few cars and I'm beating my Miura's time by 2-3 seconds with the M3 CSL.

What's your tune for the Miura? I've been testing quite a few cars and I'm beating my Miura's time by 2-3 seconds with the M3 CSL.

I'll post it after the Martinsville NASCAR race is over, when I go online to race again. :)

Ok, getting ready to do some QM racing...here is my Miura set up.

Ride height
76-75
Springs
6.90-8.05
Dampers
2-3
3-3
Arb
5-5
Camber
0-0
Toe
-10 - +0.24
Brake balance
6-4

Trans
Final
(Max speed set to 205)

Diff
5-10-8

Semi race exhaust
Rigidity
81.3% power
Rear wing added with largest side dams
Rear downforce
Ballast 49kg
Position -50
Max weight reduction and Windows

Should be 300hp 279ftlbs and 3.03 power to weight ratio

Hope it works for you too!

Heading out to use it right now.

Last edited:
I use the GSX-R but not anymore, the Miura is perfect for Roma track like you said :cheers:.
GSX-R does under 1.10 per lap. I got 1.09.7xx and there is room for 1.09.5xx. I'll post a video with a 3.36.515 for the 3 laps! Miura is inferior to the GSX-R, and believe me, I wanted to be faster but is not!

I haven't had a GSXR get close yet. But I haven't tried one myself. Rather avoid it if possible.

The Miura is boring most of the time winning by 8-16 seconds usually.

In fact I Went in and raced the Mazda a bit and after having someone side swipe me, then push me out of the last turn twice I decided it's time to watch the walking dead.

GSX-R does under 1.10 per lap. I got 1.09.7xx and there is room for 1.09.5xx. I'll post a video with a 3.36.515 for the 3 laps! Miura is inferior to the GSX-R, and believe me, I wanted to be faster but is not!
Yes, unfortunately, the GSX-R's superior corner grip still wins out over top end speed. I made mention of this a couple of pages back (post #358). I also tried various other cars to beat both the Miura and GSX-R (I normally avoid using concepts and prototypes). The only one that I could come close with was the Elise (mid 1:10's). So on to Nurburgring I guess:tup:, when my internet connection finally gets fixed on Thursday:banghead:

I do not do Roma anymore because too many out of control players in that Event, I do the Brand Hatch Event, because I found there are some good players and they race fair so far.

There needs to be heavier penalties for kids shortcutting the chicane before the turn off onto the Nordschleife. There's precious few passing opportunities after that point; it gets frustrating trying to stay clean, stuck behind a guy who isn't ahead of you by merit, while the gap to the leaders grow.

Awesome QM when it works as designed.

I went into the mazda race last night hoping to learn some and get some more experience,found my glitch also.
When I first go in,I need to save my settings before I connect,before when I went into the mazda race psn had reset my driving setting with everything on(asm tc etc.) no fast guys in there tonight only one racer with a 1.23 lap time,Big Thanks to him following him around I managed a lucky 1.23 ONCE! Mostly I`m a 1.25 driver online trying to run clean managed quite a few 1.24s though...
I saw one whole field but me first turn pileup,and a 2 car punt? Car A was going too fast and rammed the back of car B,there for causing car B to slide into car C, while car C was making the last hairpin,punting car C into the wall,like watching a game of pool... :crazy:
and other stuff I won`t mention....:odd:

I do not do Roma anymore because too many out of control players in that Event, I do the Brand Hatch Event, because I found there are some good players and they race fair so far.
I haven't had a GSXR get close yet. But I haven't tried one myself. Rather avoid it if possible.

The Miura is boring most of the time winning by 8-16 seconds usually.
Yes, unfortunately, the GSX-R's superior corner grip still wins out over top end speed. I made mention of this a couple of pages back (post #358). I also tried various other cars to beat both the Miura and GSX-R (I normally avoid using concepts and prototypes). The only one that I could come close with was the Elise (mid 1:10's).
Here is the video. Notice the third lap time in the right corner under 1.10.000

So on to Nurburgring I guess:tup:, when my internet connection finally gets fixed on Thursday:banghead:

Nurburgring - 8.12.414. I noticed how, with multiple users your car doesn't have the same grip anymore and is more likely to spin the wheels on acceleration. With few players, if they are from the same geographical region, grip is much better. The Merc seems to be the most popular, has the highest speed on the long straight, but it has a lower suspension than the Nissans and is more difficult to handle on the bumpy Nurb. I know how most of the time following is terrible
There needs to be heavier penalties for kids shortcutting the chicane before the turn off onto the Nordschleife. There's precious few passing opportunities after that point; it gets frustrating trying to stay clean, stuck behind a guy who isn't ahead of you by merit, while the gap to the leaders grow.
but it can be done if the grip is right. Remember how the holder of the connection, the first guy in the pits, has the best grip and it will come at you with confidence.

Kilesa4568, I'm using 200/385 downforce and the cars balance is great. My set up pushes if I go much higher. I'm trying to find a way to stay on the throttle at the chicane before the last turn onto the straight.

I noticed some cutting over the grass. *sighsshakeshead

I gave your down force settings a try out but did a bit too much sliding. I stopped being as lazy though. Dropped it to 470 and ran half a dozen 22.8s in about 5 races. I'm not too fussed about the lap time (at the point where I can only beat it by fractions) but that overall time and getting into the 35s is driving me mad. Time trialling instead of racing a whole 4 laps is seriously tough. One little slide and it's all gone.

The people that cut the grass going into that corner make me laugh. It may be easier to flatten the corner but you can take it just as fast, if not faster than they can by sticking to the track. Wallies.:dunce:

Going to give it a break for a few days (GT3s at The Ring for a bit) and see if I can come back and look at it with fresh eyes.

Awesome QM when it works as designed.
This is really tough. Dirty drivers and knobs are such a challenge on this track even without the shortcut. The 🤬 even got me to jump over to the dark side yesterday, took the shortcut. I'm baffled by how someone is still playing GT6 in 2016 but doesn't get the hell out of the way when someone substantially faster comes along. Particularly very early on in a race.

It would take so little effort to close all possible shortcuts like these, certainly for GT Sport and GT7. Hay bails, tire walls, skimpy little fence, invisible wall, it doesn't matter. Have an intern spend a few weeks, find them all, fix them all. Invisible wall might be best because it's minimal effort for maximum humiliation of cheaters. On second thought, best would be invisible corkscrew ramp (no landing ramp, no automatic reset of the car onto the track.)
cka7yert4jrmpvxgouoh.gif

If PD won't set up the penalty system properly, they need to at least take away the opportunities to cheat egregiously. Or do the corkscrew ramp thing.

On third thought, the corscrew would turn the servers into giant destruction derby's of people trying to hit the jumps and land on all 4 wheels. Scrap that.

Here is the video. Notice the third lap time in the right corner under 1.10.000
One thing I did notice was your PSN ID. It was chasing you last week that made me give up on the Elise and see what I could do with the GSX-R:lol:. I ran second to you in every race in my matt black Elise 111r until you left(or was disconnected from) the room. :cheers: THC_gtmic

This is really tough. Dirty drivers and knobs are such a challenge on this track even without the shortcut. The 🤬 even got me to jump over to the dark side yesterday, took the shortcut. I'm baffled by how someone is still playing GT6 in 2016 but doesn't get the hell out of the way when someone substantially faster comes along. Particularly very early on in a race.

It would take so little effort to close all possible shortcuts like these, certainly for GT Sport and GT7. Hay bails, tire walls, skimpy little fence, invisible wall, it doesn't matter. Have an intern spend a few weeks, find them all, fix them all. Invisible wall might be best because it's minimal effort for maximum humiliation of cheaters. On second thought, best would be invisible corkscrew ramp (no landing ramp, no automatic reset of the car onto the track.)
cka7yert4jrmpvxgouoh.gif

If PD won't set up the penalty system properly, they need to at least take away the opportunities to cheat egregiously. Or do the corkscrew ramp thing.

On third thought, the corscrew would turn the servers into giant destruction derby's of people trying to hit the jumps and land on all 4 wheels. Scrap that.

Let me show you what is going on.

Essentially, he wants to get in front, knowing how, once leading, it will be difficult to overtake. The reality is a little different if you can keep your car on the track, follow close and pass him on the top of the hill. It is funny how, once in front, because he knows how bumpy Nurburgring is, he cuts again, allowing me to drive right thru his shadow.

You are correct. PD needs to cover the loops, because if you are not close enough, these cheaters will take advantage and ruin the whole fun.

You are saying something about the corkscrew. Nobody did that while I was racing, but if they do that as well, the event doesn't make sense anymore. It will be a Benny Hill Nurburgring GT3 Quick Match online event. Hahahaha!

One thing I did notice was your PSN ID. It was chasing you last week that made me give up on the Elise and see what I could do with the GSX-R:lol:. I ran second to you in every race in my matt black Elise 111r until you left(or was disconnected from) the room. :cheers: THC_gtmic

I've seen you my friend. Thank you for your patience and commitment to find the fastest car and win with it. Remember that black Elise... Good choice by the way, but a little too difficult to manage the turns with, in my opinion. See you around!

Back