Final Quick Match Races 2-7-18

Likely they got unlucky when they connected and didn't have it turned on.

Just been in a few races with nunbuhfore and watched them run 33.3 in the SRC. I know it's quick but I haven't seen that low before. A 4:46 total...

The weird thing was, when I watched his replay back, his front left tire was borderline hot for all 3 laps. A solid 105mph around the ring but the tire just wouldn't let go. I'm sure I've seen their name pretty high up in the TT's though so I'm not saying they're a user.

Anyway, 37.1 in the Focus and Scooby Sedan and 38.1 in the Accent this afternoon. I'm almost back up to speed again but I'm going to stick with the 206's sweet handling. It's a dog from a standing start and gets swamped by turn one but it's great for dealing with traffic.

Likely they got unlucky when they connected and didn't have it turned on.

Just been in a few races with nunbuhfore and watched them run 33.3 in the SRC. I know it's quick but I haven't seen that low before. A 4:46 total...

The weird thing was, when I watched his replay back, his front left tire was borderline hot for all 3 laps. A solid 105mph around the ring but the tire just wouldn't let go. I'm sure I've seen their name pretty high up in the TT's though so I'm not saying they're a user.

He is one ... one of my favorites :rolleyes:. Everything adds up here : Fast driver, wheel, SRF.

I might also add that I've got a whole heck of a heap of nasty words for him :yuck: !

PS I always have to smile when I use that ^ term.

Last edited:
I've lost count of the amount of times I've seen him and DM-77 owning the field, putting in ridiculously fast times while still battling for position.

Very
good drivers but the amount of speed they can carry has always raised a question mark for me. Vanessa 666 was trying to block him but he made mincemeat out of her with how easy his dodges were.

It's a shame if they're both using it as they're both very highly skilled.

I've lost count of the amount of times I've seen him and DM-77 owning the field, putting in ridiculously fast times while still battling for position.

Very
good drivers but the amount of speed they can carry has always raised a question mark for me. Vanessa 666 was trying to block him but he made mincemeat out of her with how easy his dodges were.

It's a shame if they're both using it as they're both very highly skilled.

Remember me talking about a guy at Fuji ? Remember me talking about a guy basically calling me a fool ?
There you have it. ... Easy for them to destroy V.

Well, we can see who the fool is now as he didn't have anyone viable to race against, as usual. The top 3 or 4 managed to (eventually) post a time and the rest simply left to look for easier pickings.

Average driver I can (sort of) understand them using it but using it when you really don't need it borders on antisocial.

Well, we can see who the fool is now as he didn't have anyone viable to race against, as usual. The top 3 or 4 managed to (eventually) post a time and the rest simply left to look for easier pickings.

Average driver I can (sort of) understand them using it but using it when you really don't need it borders on antisocial.

The answers I once got were kind of !

Edit :
Tough stuff :ouch:, rant over here. Thx Digtater for having "an ear".

Last edited:
Had a run at Tokyo tonight, between four and seven runners for about half an hour, managed a 5m29 race time and 1m46.4 lap compared to bests of 5m20 and 1m44.3 for the winners, 1m44's attainable without cheating but those who achieved them while I was in were dubious .
Worth having a go though just to make the 458 scream

Every time I try the 458 race, I get the first corner and chicane out of the way but then I remember just how much I like going sideways through the long right turn. I then spend the rest of the lap trying to drift every corner at racing speeds. So irresponsible.:guilty:

If you want to see the definition of tough racing, try using the 206* at Cape Ring**. It's the slowest car in a straight line by far so you have to try and stick to any drafts you can find to try and drag you along, all while still defending against the quicker cars coming up behind you.:scared:

*Don't expect to win many (if any) races with it but it has the handling to surprise every other car out there. You'll also get the warm and fuzzy feeling that you're the only person daft enough to use it.:crazy:

**Using the 206 at Cape Ring lets you easily drop smoke screens behind you to try and distract anyone following. Very handy at the hairpins.:D

Every time I try the 458 race, I get the first corner and chicane out of the way but then I remember just how much I like going sideways through the long right turn. I then spend the rest of the lap trying to drift every corner at racing speeds. So irresponsible.:guilty:

If you want to see the definition of tough racing, try using the 206* at Cape Ring**. It's the slowest car in a straight line by far so you have to try and stick to any drafts you can find to try and drag you along, all while still defending against the quicker cars coming up behind you.:scared:

*Don't expect to win many (if any) races with it but it has the handling to surprise every other car out there. You'll also get the warm and fuzzy feeling that you're the only person daft enough to use it.:crazy:

**Using the 206 at Cape Ring lets you easily drop smoke screens behind you to try and distract anyone following. Very handy at the hairpins.:D
I'll give the little Peugeot another go bud. If memory serves the first time I saw the little 206 show up in the game was GT2, perhaps 3rd edition and I've really liked it since then. Agree it isn't the fastest but it can be among the quickest (fast = speed vs quick = elapsed lap time) of the lot. Also agree unless there's no really quick, mistake free players it's unlikely it will win but what comes to mind is that children's book "The Little Engine that Could" and I still like to drive it - just because we can. If I want a chance for a win I'm usually choosing the Super Rallye.
The new events are out, and none are use your own car events. It would have been nice to have at least one of the final events before GT Sport comes out allow players to use their own cars. R.I.P. multi class racing I guess.
Ditto! So disappointed in this group of QM,, just cannot get my head wrapped around WHY they did not give us some "IMHO - FUN" at least one higher PP (650 to 700) events where-in we can use our own set-ups. Ohh well, guess it is what it is and (fingers crossed) we'll be so engrossed in GTS in less than a month these final days of GT6 will be nothing more nor less a little blip in an almost 4 years of mostly fantastic and fun memories, some really fine online friendships created and a whole lot of racing game experience. GranTurismo Sport,, can we get a combined HIGH 5!!

I'll give the little Peugeot another go bud. If memory serves the first time I saw the little 206 show up in the game was GT2, perhaps 3rd edition and I've really liked it since then. Agree it isn't the fastest but it can be among the quickest (fast = speed vs quick = elapsed lap time) of the lot. Also agree unless there's no really quick, mistake free players it's unlikely it will win but what comes to mind is that children's book "The Little Engine that Could" and I still like to drive it - just because we can. If I want a chance for a win I'm usually choosing the Super Rallye.

Used it for 10-15 races tonight and didn't get a single win but I had a whale of a time weaving and dodging round all the nutters, all while trying to keep out of the quick drivers way and forget rubbing your hands with glee if you get a front row start. You'll be at least mid pack by the time you get to turn one and in a world of hurt. I think the word intense describes it well.:lol:

Automotive sadomasochism.:D

They literally drive over the top of each other at R246

Tokyo R246.jpg

I tried it when it first went up but lost interest quick. I think I got my lap time down to 4.5 (or maybe it was a 14.5. Crap memory...) but I was still losing by 1 to 2 seconds a lap. Using too much steering (like Motegi) again I guess.

I got fed up of getting stung by lunges though. Every time I opened a gap, I was powerless against them and it takes an age to get the momentum back up.

Best name ever

IMG_20170929_183326.jpg

That's real overtaking!

I think they were a little over the top myself :D
👍

Also some bald 🤬 sorry @BALDY500 was in fine form at R246 last night, 3 super laps with four impatient so and so's threatening to have him off and withstood all of it, that was my intro to last night and it was beautiful mate, a couple of other super drives against SRF/Wall runner exploiters. I myself kept hitting things, but I just love the sound of that car around that circuit.

molte grazie :gtpflag:

Had a good session there tonight after I got the hooliganism out of my system. Got a few drafted 5.8's and a 25.1 time but low 6's were the norm after a couple of hours.

Had a load of good runs messed up by the wall riders though. So many penalties from the last left turn with people turning solid straight in front of me. No defense to it at all.:grumpy:

Fast lap and overtake R246

Enough of that crapolla.
Those guys try too hard to win, had some more good racing with ra_, kengodb and some more very fast and clean racers in between getting smashed up by some lunatics, won one race with two 45.0xx's and 5m22. 44 seconds is on if I don't freak myself out.

Whoa! Great times there. I'm still miles behind the pace so I guess I must be still over driving but I'm having a lot of fun with it. Very entertaining car.

The 458's on full chat sounds great echoing off the buildings as well. Never thought I'd say that about GT6's sound.:eek:

I get plenty of +1m49's aswell due to my rubbish driving (and others) but this was one of my favourite events from http://wrs.gtplanet.net/GT6/week/161/ , drove this car tyre combo around this track for a whole week, oil changed (around 590 HP with more torque I think), the top guy (a bonefide alien) did a couple of runs I think and did a 1m42.x.
The urge to just let the 458 hang it all out is tough to resist though, you feel it starting to slide and you just want to get more rowdy with the accelerator, its just an awesome car, the downshift's sound pretty epic too

I have tried a few times these new events and only the 458 in Tokyo and the subaru sedan at Cape Ring.
But I do not like it at all.
The tracks are full of crawlers flying over the guard rail!
I'll try after dinner to see if I find any of you, for now I only saw the Mwerte rocket once!
I enjoyed a lot more with the geezers last saturday !!

went for a bit of the 458 at tokyo. man that place is filled with people that don't even try to be clean. Its a great set, but people ruin it

Back