(Updated to 1.31) Lazy Man's Guide to Grinding

• Thread starter MarionJ13
  • 34 comments
Tired from the usual " gimmick " lowering front end aero to minimum and putting back at higher end to gain pp . That also gives a prity unnatural behaviour in turns , making the cars crawling especially at the last part of la Sarthe and unfortunately in every medium or high speed turn.
So i made a compromise between power and racing behaviour.
Lucky me i fall on a completely dry session and my verdicts are :

Might be slower in terms of time but rides more natural and " calls " you to push it .

Its slower 7-8 sec, a lap in cruising mode but more entertaining and enjoyable and more realistic.
Of course am generous in those numbers cause easy can be 4-5

On FM 5 can do easily 7 laps

So if rain hit the road (hear me jack) after forced pitstop, you can put FM1 and go as you please.

Of course am talking about 962 ,this beauty stole my heart since came out .

Original turbo,stock gearbox and the rest below.
IMG_20230415_185135928_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230415_185152742_HDR.jpg

And the result of 7 laps on FM5 with enough fuel remaining that might lead to less FM number at the last two laps but didn't test it .
Notice that am on AT gears , that means familiar players on MT can gain more fuel.
IMG_20230415_184932022.jpg

I would " love " your feedback if someone try any of those two settings.

Last edited:
I tweaked a few settings on that 787B.
Can now do high 4:09 with mid 4:10

Man that 962 is slow.
The A220 can do 4:13.xxx and 4:09.xxx when pushing
Wonder what a Gr.2 car will be like.

I didn't say that is fast , i also don't have A220 plus am not a fast guy as many others .
When i get her ,ill see how fast she is at non stop mod ( if is possible of course).

Its not about " Faster " anyway .
This 962 Its on FM 5 ,last 7 laps and its more entertaining and enjoyable .

GT2 cars are the Fastest cars of the game in the last part after Porsche bridge while others who runs 30-40 sec. faster a lap , are just crawling there due to aero set ups on the pp " race" we use .

I used to run ( before 1.31 ) all the GT2 cars from Japan side , with intermediate and FM6 from the beginning and finish the race and all that on easy mod.
It was a setup that my 12 years old " friend " always was successful every single time.

Clearly was many others cars way faster than them ,but they wasn't enjoyable as GT 500s , was just the huge amount of difference at top speed that make them quick and of course efficient for griding.
I just proposed this as an alternative that feels like a racing car and not as a top speed mashine that blast the competition on straight line .
Isn't always about finish the race , take the prize and go .
And that was exactly my point on this 962 .

On the other hand, Its not a steady conditions race anyway and since is not repeatable many people avoid it .

Last edited:
Today i made the perfect set up -for me at least - to be able to run safe and steady la Sarthe with the 962.
No need to pit even on a bone dry race, tyres last 7 laps , lap times are more stable and if rain hits the track you can lower FM from 6 to 5 or less depending the lap your at .

Tyres after totally dry race
IMG_20230417_104820729.jpg

Settings
IMG_20230417_105124122_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230417_105143298_HDR.jpg

This tune doesn't accept RH tyres .
Changing my aero , using manual gearbox and lowering the ballast from previous tune works just fine .
Also is well under 31 minutes ( dry race).

Before someone ask :
Why should i choose this one if i can do it faster ?

Cause its lazy man's griding .....
Plus is more enjoyable.

Back