Used cars dealership in Gran Turismo 7

• Thread starter Nigrick
  • 1,668 comments
I think it will depend much on the types of cars in the game, I don't see ferrari signing up to a used car dealership mechanism for GT7. In the previous games it worked because you had lots of low-level cars, such as corollas, s2000, mx5, etc. but in GT Sport (assuming all the roster translates to 7) there weren't much
In GT4, there were Classics/Legendary Cars. Probably would fit more there for Ferrari. Not all old cars are in used dealership in GT4. Also GT7 having UCD can indicate GT7 having huge car count again because that's every GT game (except GT1 because it's the start) with UCD.

No they couldn't. PD is known for they unique vision on racing games, that is why we loving it. While everyone else was adding livery editor in their games, PD worked on track editor. They where focusing on other things like Vision GT and academy, that is why GT can't keep up with modern trend. But now it's different, I think. It's harder to ignore others and with ps5 they need to win over a younger, more casual audience.

Didn't and couldn't are two different things. They absolutely could have done it on PS3 hardware. They didn't.

PS track editors were around long before PD managed it. They didn't need an app on another device either.....

Used cars dealership is a great opportunity for the GT with 1) to have a auction house with some of the rearest cars (race and road) and 2) a more modest section with the more daily cars.. It would be renew every week and i would have included tuned and stock cars

Last edited:
Used cars dealership is a great opportunity for the GT with 1) to have a auction house with some of the rearest cars (race and road) and 2) a more modest section with the more daily cars.. It would be renew every week and i would have included tuned and stock cars
This is something Mileage Exchange would be good for.

I think I mentioned(I'm sure others have as well) in the Suggestions thread, about wheels, stickers, etc being on the market.
The wheels are 100ME, but should be Cr. 100Cr. each wheel. Diameter and width. The way PD have detailed scrapes on wheels after racing, wheels in brand new, used condition, could be resold.
Some cars could go up in value with certain accessories. PD have upped value of cars with low miles and no miles. So, a market place via ME, could work as well as having the UCD.

I was thinking could be a case where pd has done their research and the cars that appear in used dealership are cars that a manufacturer no longer produces. That'll be really in tune with the real world.
Featuring cars like BMW E46's 2nd gen JDM's ect. Excluding expensive classic racing cars.

There would be undoubtedly special exceptions however, for instance I don't think Ferrari directly sell 458 road or GT3 cars to customers anymore but you'll still most likely see them in the Ferrari dealership in the GT7.
It's an idea but in the end I guess this approach would depend too much on PD's resources of aquiring new cars that would replace older discontinued cars. It's not one of their strong points tbh.

The auction house idea would be cool. I'm also thinking it could be a cool way to get bargains from other players who sell cars they don't want or need. Perhaps even to the point of getting a 20m jaguar race car for cheaper if your in the right place at the right time.

Last edited:
I dont think that they should lock the ability to change livery or paint the car as irl you could do just that. But i would love to see used cars with a unique livery and/or settings. Maybe even with some bought modifications. But still, i would like to be able to paint it and do whatever i can with it as i could with any new bought cars.

Dunno if you have followed previous GT games, but cars sold from garage isn't related to UCD after all. And all previous GT have it except GT3/GT6.
Previous games have what? The ability to sell cars? GT6 had that. Don’t think I understand what you said :lol: I’m just thinking what they could do with the UCD. If anyone around the world sells a car they don’t want or need, It’ll show up in the UCD. I think that would be pretty neat...

On the topic of duplicate models, it doesn't bother me that much because the models are already made. Why not have a Vauxhall VX220 and the Opel Speedster, removing one from the game depending on the region the game is sold doesn't make any difference to me.

What I do want is a good amount of unique cars, if they can do that, then duplicate MX5's, S2000's and Skylines doesn't bother me. If anything I'd like them to pay non-Japanese cars the same attention. Most duplicates do have subtle differences anyway, maybe not BHP and Torque but different weight, different suspension settings as stock etc. So if you like to keep cars stock it can be interesting comparing them.

Last edited:
I am enthused about the UCD returning. I would like something new to appear also. I play Car Mechanic Simulator occasionally. It's quite relaxing and fun to me at times. My dream GT game would let you rebuild junkyard derelicts to their former glory in a similar way. Or, let you tear into the engines and install the mods you buy yourself for a discount. It would never happen I know. But a guy can dream lol.

I think the Used Dealership should be a way to get more expensive cars for potentially cheaper prices, but the trade-off being is that it's almost always rotating, and they may not have what you want. You could alternatively buy any car you see in the used dealership as new from the respective brand, but you may pay more. It's a bit like how in Episode I Racer, you could go to the junkyard to buy parts that were cheap, but the selection would change every time you entered the junkyard, so you may see parts you already have - or worse versions of a given part.

I am enthused about the UCD returning. I would like something new to appear also. I play Car Mechanic Simulator occasionally. It's quite relaxing and fun to me at times. My dream GT game would let you rebuild junkyard derelicts to their former glory in a similar way. Or, let you tear into the engines and install the mods you buy yourself for a discount. It would never happen I know. But a guy can dream lol.
I thick that's a stretch.. but I would love a more in-depth way of upgrading rather then 'click turbo' and it's just applied to your car. Whether that's an animation, I don't know.. but it would be neat an a little more exciting.

Many will disagree but I hope 50% of the car list will be in the Used Car Dealer.

Just makes it more fun to grind and find that car you want like it was in GT5.
No, having to enter a race every time you want to refresh the list so that it has different cars for you to buy isn’t fun, it is a waste of time and also annoying. I want to be able to buy the car I want, exactly when I want it, not having to spend hours refreshing a list hoping that the car I want will eventually show up.

I think they should make all of the cars availalbe from the off in Arcade Mode or Single/Free Race whatever it ends up being called but then allow players the chance to enjoy the journey of the GT Mode.

I don't think the Used Car dealerships serves much of a purpose if every car is avialalbe to buy anyway, so make all cars availalve in Arcade Mode and have the Used Car Dealership rotate old cars allowing people to feel like they are discovering them in GT Mode.

If people want every car from the start Arcade Mode would have you covered, if people wanted to enjoy the Gran Turismo structure of buying, racing, earning Cr, tuning, racing etc. then that's covered as well.

Many will disagree but I hope 50% of the car list will be in the Used Car Dealer.

Just makes it more fun to grind and find that car you want like it was in GT5.
I agree. I remember back in the GT5 days I would do the Nurburgring 1 lap seasonal event which would get me 1 million Cr. with a 200% bonus. Would then look for rare cars / concept cars / race cars in the USD, and after I bought them I would show them off in lobbies. Mainly the Top Gear Test Track. Good times. It felt good finally getting a car that barely shown up in the USD.

Just my opinion though. I really hope seasonal events return, or we get a good method of earning credits like Capri Rally (Easy).

Previous games have what? The ability to sell cars? GT6 had that. Don’t think I understand what you said :lol: I’m just thinking what they could do with the UCD. If anyone around the world sells a car they don’t want or need, It’ll show up in the UCD. I think that would be pretty neat...
Previous games have UCD except GT3/GT6

It was fun finding the R34 S-tune and 400R. Some of the NISMO 350Zs, etc.

It'll be ironic if the Starion, that's reportedly been modelled, appears in the NCD.

I agree. I remember back in the GT5 days I would do the Nurburgring 1 lap seasonal event which would get me 1 million Cr. with a 200% bonus. Would then look for rare cars / concept cars / race cars in the USD, and after I bought them I would show them off in lobbies. Mainly the Top Gear Test Track. Good times. It felt good finally getting a car that barely shown up in the USD.

Just my opinion though. I really hope seasonal events return, or we get a good method of earning credits like Capri Rally (Easy).

That's exactly why, I used to trade some cars I used to find.

You can expect more Standard car upgrades in the Used Car Dealer like the Beat, 22B, MR2, Supra which exist and more.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would assume that the used car dealer consists of some classic cars such as the De Tomaso Pantera, Chevrolet Camaro, Dodge Coronet Super Bee, Ford Mustang Mach 1 and so on. Exclusive cars such as the Lamborghini Miura, Ferrari 250 SWB and Plymouth XNR Ghia will show up in Brand Central for a hefty premium. However, I believe that some should show up for a short period like the Black Cars from GT4 at a heavily discounted price. The car will have a few issues that need to be fixed, but it will end up being cheaper than buying one in Brand Central. There are several possibilities for the used car dealer and it's making me rather excited.

You can expect more Standard car upgrades in the Used Car Dealer like the Beat, 22B, MR2, Supra which exist and more.

If this turns out to be true, I wonder which PS3 standard cars PD will choose to make super-duper-premium for GT7.

Through GT Sport's lifespan, I always loved when a standard returned because it felt so satisfying for me. Hope to see much more on the PS5.

Preludes and Celicas, I'm talking to you!

If this turns out to be true, I wonder which PS3 standard cars PD will choose to make super-duper-premium for GT7.

Through GT Sport's lifespan, I always loved when a standard returned because it felt so satisfying for me. Hope to see much more on the PS5.

I kept thinking they were adding fluff for the next games UCD. I don't know if it turns out to be correct, but it's starting to seem that way. Other than the fact that everyone loves 90s ****boxes

Back