Used cars dealership in Gran Turismo 7

• Thread starter Nigrick
  • 1,659 comments
It wasn't in every version of GT4, only if you bought the game version of certain regions. Same with the classic Mini for some reason.

The Nomoad Diable in GT3 was the same, it didn't feature in the PAL version of the game, and the Formula GT's were vastly different between the PAL and NTSC versions too.
Same with the Hyundai Getz race car.

What if they done something like having 20,000,000 all cars damaged and dented but you can buy it cheaper and restore it in GT Auto.
Probably the 20,000,000 cars will be stored in the GT7's equivalent of GT4's Classics/Legendary Cars in the regular Dealership. GT has old influental vintage cars that is given very high prices like that.

I think events should give prize cars based on the car's price/value. Like for endurance events, give expensive cars like that as prize cars.

Probably the 20,000,000 cars will be stored in the GT7's equivalent of GT4's Classics/Legendary Cars in the regular Dealership. GT has old influental vintage cars that is given very high prices like that.

I think events should give prize cars based on the car's price/value. Like for endurance events, give expensive cars like that as prize cars.

Yeah, they should really go back to GT4 style of legendary cars, also ones that can't be purchased and only one.

Something PD scrapped since GT4 which I liked.

Yeah, they should really go back to GT4 style of legendary cars, also ones that can't be purchased and only one.

Something PD scrapped since GT4 which I liked.
It's a good thing that GTS changed Dealership to Brand Central, it puts the brand in significance again like in GT2/GT4. We go through this first instead of just directly showing that brand's car list in GT5/GT6.
GT4: New Cars, Legendary Cars, Tuning Shop, Event.
GTS: Showroom, VGT, Channel, Museum.
I hope the brand-related events will be placed here too for GT7.

Though I don't know why are people complaining about the 20,000,000 Cr cars, but not about the not for sale cars? As expensive as 20,000,000 Cr cars are, they're still obtainable unlike not for sale cars.

Though I don't know why are people complaining about the 20,000,000 Cr cars, but not about the not for sale cars? As expensive as 20,000,000 Cr cars are, they're still obtainable unlike not for sale cars.
Most of the time the not for sale cars are won far easier than the effort it takes to save 20,000,000Cr.

Also the prize cars are a reward for achieving certain milestones, it's not the same as grinding credits. I can understand why some people dislike the prize cars and others like them, but the 20,000,000Cr cars take so long to obtain they might as well be unobtainable for someone like me who doesn't spend a lot of time gaming.

used-cars-1-jpg.940041

I'll be making more of these. More are in the user/interface fan art thread.

If we can get the quirky Japanese stuff we're used to with GT in the used dealership I'll be happy.

Maybe if they add special colour versions as well to make it that bit more of a collector sub-game would be good. Plus, nothing newer than 2015 should be in the UCD.

Looking at a Hot Version video with the S-ZR and RZ A90 Supras, I wonder if the 2019 will be used and the 2020 of course, the new car.

The obvious disadvantages of an auction house aside there's no way we are going to see anything even remotely allowing for car transfers between players. PD learned their lesson from the beginning days of GT5 where people sold cars for hefty prices on ebay. They removed that feature moving forward and added microtransactions for those willing to pay for their cars with real money. As for the UCD I'm not expecting anything revolutionary. Just a lineup that keeps cycling through as you play. Let's just hope that moving the cycle forward is going to be less tedious than in past titles.

The obvious disadvantages of an auction house aside there's no way we are going to see anything even remotely allowing for car transfers between players. PD learned their lesson from the beginning days of GT5 where people sold cars for hefty prices on ebay. They removed that feature moving forward and added microtransactions for those willing to pay for their cars with real money. As for the UCD I'm not expecting anything revolutionary. Just a lineup that keeps cycling through as you play. Let's just hope that moving the cycle forward is going to be less tedious than in past titles.

What do you think the 'Gift' tab will end up being?
upload_2020-9-5_18-14-19.png

GT5 had something like that too. That's where you redeemed the gift car tickets you earned from winning championships or the like. Of course it might not be the exact same thing in GT7 but it doesn't automatically mean that you'll be able to transfer cars between players.

While thinking about the car list, PD have all the data. It would be something if they had the older race cars, like the old shape GR.4 Vantage, GR.4 FF Megane, DBR9, F1 GT-R, SLS GT3, etc. in the UCD. It'd make sense to pick one of those up to go racing on the "cheap".

This is if the game economy mimics GT1-4. Where we start with a beater AE86 or Lancer Evo IV and have to build up our earnings.

While thinking about the car list, PD have all the data. It would be something if they had the older race cars, like the old shape GR.4 Vantage, GR.4 FF Megane, DBR9, F1 GT-R, SLS GT3, etc. in the UCD. It'd make sense to pick one of those up to go racing on the "cheap".

This is if the game economy mimics GT1-4. Where we start with a beater AE86 or Lancer Evo IV and have to build up our earnings.
The F1 GTR wouldn't exactly be considered "cheap". It could appear in the used car dealer but it's still going to be expensive.

The F1 GTR wouldn't exactly be considered "cheap". It could appear in the used car dealer but it's still going to be expensive.
It's 450,000 Cr. Being a 1995(?) model car, I'm guessing it'd be around 300,000 if in the UCD.

Similarly, I can't recall the used prices for JGTC GT500 cars and "new" Super GT GT500.

At this point, all i care about is what cars are going to appear.
GTS has WAY too small of a car count imo; they chose well, but some cars got swept. The 1995-1999 JDMs (The GTO MR/FD3s/Z32s, etc) are the ones I need back. There is a REAL difference between the 1st gen GTO TT in GTS and the 1995-1999 GTO MR/3000GT VR-4 in the rest of the games; gearing, weight and power are all different for the 2nd gen GTO/VR-4. The 2nd gen does 60 in 4.8-4.9 and the 1/4 in 13.4-13.5@100-103 mph when well driven...the 1st gen has a 3rd gear that goes until 123mph, the 2nd gens 3rd goes until 103mph, BIG difference.

I'm obviously obsessed with that platform. But I still miss the selection of Z32's (2 seat TTs, etc), FD3s (base models, trim levels) and MKIVs (J spec Supras, etc) Also there are many other cars like the Lotus Esprit that I miss.

I really hope PD goes GT2 and puts in rare cars like the 90s Eunos Cosmo/Lotus Esprit V8-GT/1994-1998 Mustang GT/SVT Cobra R/random **** like maybe a 90s Ford Thunderbird LX even lol. To this day GT2 had the best selection imho.

I’m only 26 but the older I get the less I want to deal with humans when I turn on the PlayStation haha.

We don’t really know what lies beyond the initial “Used Car” icon yet but I’m very excited to see. Could be branching with multiple options. An auction house would be cool but I definitely don’t want it to exclusively be that. Especially with other players as people will probably find a way to exploit something. Maybe an eBay type of thing where you have the choice to buy now or put in a bid against the computer rng would be interesting. I can imagine myself just wanting to browse the listings and get something I like instead of the waiting game of an auction most of the time.

More controversial takes but I really like the idea of cars not in the brand central popping up at random as well. I love that element of surprise in GT4 when you see a car you didn’t expect. Just having the brand central cars with mileage for cheaper would honestly be boring for me.

People don’t like to grind so I don’t imagine GT7 would be as difficult to earn credits as the older games. With money being more readily available it kind of disincentivizes the used car dealership if all it will provide is cheaper high mileage cars.

Had a look through past UCDs. If this game is similar to GT4, I can see an 80s, 90s, 00s UCD cycle. Throw in the 70s and earlier cars as rare to find. To me, keep the prices low enough to obtain and it'd be better for casual players to buy when they pop up.

(already known and probably mentioned a few times)GT Sport, initially, seemed to cut cars off at 2009->2017. I think the same could apply. 2010->current in the NCD.

When it comes to race cars, I'm thinking those should be separate from the UCD.

GT2 UCD organised by dealer

PD could still change it up, by rotating cars available.

Had a look through past UCDs. If this game is similar to GT4, I can see an 80s, 90s, 00s UCD cycle. Throw in the 70s and earlier cars as rare to find. To me, keep the prices low enough to obtain and it'd be better for casual players to buy when they pop up.

(already known and probably mentioned a few times)GT Sport, initially, seemed to cut cars off at 2009->2017. I think the same could apply. 2010->current in the NCD.

When it comes to race cars, I'm thinking those should be separate from the UCD.

GT2 UCD organised by dealer

PD could still change it up, by rotating cars available.

Inventory rotation would be nice. Surely it’ll happen...

Last edited:
On top of additional car models. I’m thinking a reasonable level of trim variations for the UCD is necessary as well to keep the rotations fresh. Been getting back into GT4 and even then the same car/color/trim/mileage pops up fairly often.

The way GT Sport’s car list is now - if the GT4 style UCD is implemented it would get extremely repetitive. Best case wishful thinking scenario the UCD in the GT7 trailer is an indication of a much beefier car list.

Shared this in the Automotive forum

Would be nice to get cars in this state and build from here. Even if we only get the original parts and not make hybrids, it would extend the game.
Say this Falcon pops up in the UCD. Could sit around for a week, like mileage exchange(Just as an example. It doesn't have to sit that long).

Players can then have the choice to restore completely for a price or take their time to acquire the parts. Use parts available from the tuning shop or wait for original parts to boost value.

All the maybes:
-Maybe players get trophies for building cars to factory spec.
-Maybe players get notifications when parts pop up for their specific collections
-Maybe players can trade these type of cars among their friend's list

Shared this in the Automotive forum

Would be nice to get cars in this state and build from here. Even if we only get the original parts and not make hybrids, it would extend the game.
Say this Falcon pops up in the UCD. Could sit around for a week, like mileage exchange(Just as an example. It doesn't have to sit that long).

Players can then have the choice to restore completely for a price or take their time to acquire the parts. Use parts available from the tuning shop or wait for original parts to boost value.

All the maybes:
-Maybe players get trophies for building cars to factory spec.
-Maybe players get notifications when parts pop up for their specific collections
-Maybe players can trade these type of cars among their friend's list

I've always wanted a 'restore a car' mechanic involving GT Auto. No matter how its introduced, its a yes from me.

Not to come off a bit negative but...

How much development time do we think it will take PD to model cars when they have to factor in the stages of car restoration?

I can see visuals as far as texturing with dirt/grime happening at least. Having the car wash do something significant would be cool.

Back