User Decals - A Tutorial On How To Make .SVG (Request in separate thread)

• Thread starter daan
  • 1,462 comments
I'm need the following- Shannons Insurance and the "Plumbing & Electrical" from the laser electrical logo and yes the file size
Note sure if these are the ones you're looking for, but check our the attached logos.

EDIT: The Shannon's one I found is flat in color. Please see if that's okay for you. The color gradient is kinda tricky. The plumbing one should be okay. Gotta go now...

Attachments

• logos.zip
    11.2 KB · Views: 24
If someone post could post the code for a basic SVG box with a gradient that works in the game that would super helpful! I would like to compare the code outputted from Illustrator or other software that is compatible with the game to what Inkscape outputs.

One rectangle with a gradient. That's all! :) Thanks!

Interesting. I have uploaded a few logos this weekend, all went up without any problems.

They must have been tweaking behind the scenes because every single upload I've done prior to this weekend I've needed to remove one specific tag that Corel seems to include, or else I get a server error. Now, I don't have to remove the rag and it works, but it's now ignoring the tag (and everything in it) which isn't much use as Corel encloses the style data with it. So now, I still have to delete those tags or else everything just shows up black.

On the plus side, it might indicate that they're looking at their error logs to try and sort out some issues.
I need this one but only the plumbing and electrical part

logo.png
btn-logo-header-LP-LE.png
BP-Ultimate-Diesel-Promo-Box.jpg

If you're struggling some of the laser ones have been uploaded already, though the ones I've found are not great quality though.

https://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/gtsport/user/discover/search/decal/decal/2447598/5980872664814716432

https://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/gtsport/user/discover/search/decal/decal/2447598/5989879872525174288

Note sure if these are the ones you're looking for, but check our the attached logos.

EDIT: The Shannon's one I found is flat in color. Please see if that's okay for you. The color gradient is kinda tricky. The plumbing one should be okay. Gotta go now...

Dude OMG You're a LEGEND!!! Thank you so much

If someone post could post the code for a basic SVG box with a gradient that works in the game that would super helpful! I would like to compare the code outputted from Illustrator or other software that is compatible with the game to what Inkscape outputs.

One rectangle with a gradient. That's all! :) Thanks!
Here's a gradient from Illustrator that works in game:
https://cdn.rawgit.com/zials/db649b...46ff31b988a33667a/GradientBox_Illustrator.svg

(just save it and open it in text editor for the code)

Ok, so I think I have figured it out now! I noticed that the difference between Illustrator and Inkscape in this simple example is that Illustrator only had ONE <linearGradient> tag. Inkscape splits it into two and then links the one with the other through 'xlink:href="#linearGradient821"'.

And then in the <rect> object it calls the second linearGradient in the "style" attribute. Change the linearGradient being called in the "style" attribute fixes the problem, you only need to call the first linearGradient. If you need stuff from the second one (like direction coords) just copy paste them into the first one!

Maybe not the best explanation so here is an image :D

https://i.imgur.com/KJZfRMu.png
KJZfRMu.png

Thank you zials for the Illustrator SVG example!

edit: When I moved on to a more complex SVG I had, I noticed that it used a matrix to calculate positions - gradientTransform. This needs to be removed and the x and y values need to be recalculated to absolute numbers, not that big of a deal but I thought I should mention it here as well.

Last edited:
Interesting. I have uploaded a few logos this weekend, all went up without any problems.

I'm virtually positive PD are tweaking the way the server interprets SVG's in the background. <CDATA> no longer causes failures for me, instead it ignores everything in those tags... which in CorelX3 is where it keeps style info... however, as I was all of a sudden getting nowhere with some shapes - in this case, masking decals to show up special paint through the mask... I decided to co back to the fillrule element.

Low and behold, reversing the curve of the outer element, then performing the subtraction, then exporting, then changing the fillrule in the SVG to nonzero makes it work...

The blue one used a reversed square, and nonzero rule. The second was 'as is' from Corel, with evenodd rule. As you can see, both seemed fine in the uploader....

a.png

However, in the game the 'as is' file simply shows as a square....

b.png

... it also just shows as a square if you apply the nonzero rule without first reversing the curve.

So, it seems to work when you force it to use the non-zero rule (and therefore have to have paths being drawn in opposing directions)

Curve direction doesn't mean anything if evenodd works, if it doesn't work, it matters and non-zero must be used. What I'm still trying to figure out, is why it's not rendering the evenodd decals properly in the first place... which given they show up okay, in browsers, and in the uploader, leads me to believe some peoples problems lay solely with the server/games interpretation of fill-rule.

... I'm not even sure if this means anything to be honest... it's just niggling at me. There must be a pattern.

I'm virtually positive PD are tweaking the way the server interprets SVG's in the background. <CDATA> no longer causes failures for me, instead it ignores everything in those tags... which in CorelX3 is where it keeps style info... however, as I was all of a sudden getting nowhere with some shapes - in this case, masking decals to show up special paint through the mask... I decided to co back to the fillrule element.

Low and behold, reversing the curve of the outer element, then performing the subtraction, then exporting, then changing the fillrule in the SVG to nonzero makes it work...

The blue one used a reversed square, and nonzero rule. The second was 'as is' from Corel, with evenodd rule. As you can see, both seemed fine in the uploader....

View attachment 697076

However, in the game the 'as is' file simply shows as a square....

View attachment 697077

... it also just shows as a square if you apply the nonzero rule without first reversing the curve.

So, it seems to work when you force it to use the non-zero rule (and therefore have to have paths being drawn in opposing directions)

Curve direction doesn't mean anything if evenodd works, if it doesn't work, it matters and non-zero must be used. What I'm still trying to figure out, is why it's not rendering the evenodd decals properly in the first place... which given they show up okay, in browsers, and in the uploader, leads me to believe some peoples problems lay solely with the server/games interpretation of fill-rule.

... I'm not even sure if this means anything to be honest... it's just niggling at me. There must be a pattern.

Good to know. I was thinking that the curve direction has something to do with it. But it's not really an issue for me anymore, for one, it happens very rarely now (maybe because PD is doing some work), and two, if it happens, I just perform the subtraction twice and be done with it.

I'm pretty sure the reason why decals show up fine in the uploader, but wrong in the game, is because in the uploader, it's not actually PD's server doing the rendering of the svg, but your own browser. does. Kind of like the rendering of fonts on website is done by your browser, not the website itself.

Im trying to upload this file, but when i try to use it on the editor all the blue on the logo is now black, i picked this svg on the internet if that helps.

Nothing crazy about it. I just re-saved it. Try again.

Attachments

• Avai_FC_(05-E)_-_SC.svg.zip
    2.1 KB · Views: 15
Question, last time I logged in on the granturismo community webpage, I got an IP ban on my ps4 because some sort of a virusscanner. Is there a simple online virusscanner I can use to check if my computer is clean or not ?

Question, last time I logged in on the granturismo community webpage, I got an IP ban on my ps4 because some sort of a virusscanner. Is there a simple online virusscanner I can use to check if my computer is clean or not ?

Not to my knowledge. That would be very dangerous if a website got that much access to your system in order to be able to perform a scan. I would not want a website to do that. I might be wrong though, I know a lot more about vector logos than virusscanners.

Guys, I have a problem with uploading liveries, I can save them but I can not apply them or upload them online it says that there was a problem and could not apply the livery. That issue started suddenly today, to be honest. If anyone has the same issue or knows how to fix it would be cool to have some feedback from you as well.
Cheers

I've searched and red this thread many pages, but is it possible to make decals with gradients ? From color to transparant ?

I tried to make some tiles with a gradient, so when I use chrome as my paint (base) color on the car, that chrome would act like the reflection on the tile. But after upload, the tiles are all filled to one color.

I've searched and red this thread many pages, but is it possible to make decals with gradients ? From color to transparant ?

I tried to make some tiles with a gradient, so when I use chrome as my paint (base) color on the car, that chrome would act like the reflection on the tile. But after upload, the tiles are all filled to one color.

I have uploaded transparent items and gradients before, but not together. I'm not near a playstation today, but you can try this file tell me how it goes.

Attachments

• transgradient.svg.zip
    1 KB · Views: 17
Just got a question about uploading.. this morning i uploaded a svg to gt community but is it directly online then or takes it a while? This is the image standing in decal list

Attachments

• IMG_1354.PNG
    IMG_1354.PNG
    9.9 KB · Views: 19
Just got a question about uploading.. this morning i uploaded a svg to gt community but is it directly online then or takes it a while? This is the image standing in decal list

I have it immediately in the game then, but I don't know how it is for others.

Well something's changed between the game and the SVG optimiser.

I went to upload a new n24 number board for a livery today and after repeating exactly what I did the other day (simply changing the number, resaving then shrinking using the optimiser) it didn't work. The decal shows fine on the Gran Turismo website but when I go to select it in the game, the preview is blank with a spinning cog. After much trial and error I've narrowed it down to the 'Round/rewrite numbers' option in the optimiser (turning it off the decal shows in the game).

But now that I've got it showing in game I have a new issue, parts of the decal now appear scrambled. The shapes are all separate (IE not combined or text etc) so I can't think why just certain letters are messed up?!

UPDATE: So the scrambling thing seems linked to the optimiser quality settings. Annoyingly what worked a week ago at quality 1 (needed to get the size down) now doesn't want to work. Now struggling to get the decal down in size :confused:

UPDATE 2: Totally baffled now. Tried editing the other SVG file (from last week) with the new number (rather than using my original template file, I'm using Autodesk Graphic on Mac) and low and behold it worked. The logo (the Zurich logo on the n24 number board) in my original file must have somehow corrupted at a level only shown by the game?!

Last edited:
Well something's changed between the game and the SVG optimiser.

I went to upload a new n24 number board for a livery today and after repeating exactly what I did the other day (simply changing the number, resaving then shrinking using the optimiser) it didn't work. The decal shows fine on the Gran Turismo website but when I go to select it in the game, the preview is blank with a spinning cog. After much trial and error I've narrowed it down to the 'Round/rewrite numbers' option in the optimiser (turning it off the decal shows in the game).

But now that I've got it showing in game I have a new issue, parts of the decal now appear scrambled. The shapes are all separate (IE not combined or text etc) so I can't think why just certain letters are messed up?!

UPDATE: So the scrambling thing seems linked to the optimiser quality settings. Annoyingly what worked a week ago at quality 1 (needed to get the size down) now doesn't want to work. Now struggling to get the decal down in size :confused:

UPDATE 2: Totally baffled now. Tried editing the other SVG file (from last week) with the new number (rather than using my original template file, I'm using Autodesk Graphic on Mac) and low and behold it worked. The logo (the Zurich logo on the n24 number board) in my original file must have somehow corrupted at a level only shown by the game?!
Same happened to me, is there any way to use the older version of SVGO?

Hi, im sure this has been asked already but im using Inkscape to try and make simple svg files to upload to gt sport, but everytime i upload them its just invisible. I made one that simply had U.S.M.C. with a font size of 170 and i typed it in myself. After i saved and uploaded it, its just the checkered background. What am i missing?

Been driving myself mental this past hour, bouncing around between inkscape, the online image vectorizer and the SVGOMG tool.

I can't get these logos compressed enough to get under the 15kb limit. After stripping them bare, closest I can get down to is 20-22kb.

If anybody has some hints or tips, it'd be much appreciated.

Attachments

• genny hanz.png
    genny hanz.png
    10.2 KB · Views: 10
  • genny oktober2.png
    genny oktober2.png
    9.7 KB · Views: 11
  • GennyBockLOGO.png
    GennyBockLOGO.png
    17 KB · Views: 10
Hi, im sure this has been asked already but im using Inkscape to try and make simple svg files to upload to gt sport, but everytime i upload them its just invisible. I made one that simply had U.S.M.C. with a font size of 170 and i typed it in myself. After i saved and uploaded it, its just the checkered background. What am i missing?

I had the same problems with Inkscape. It has to do with the stroke width if the font. GT won't recognize fonts without a stroke outline. Anytime I would simply type the text into Inkscape to create the svg, it would show up fine on the Decal Uploader page, but not in game.

I've been able to find a workaround to this: Type the text into MS Word. Choose your font and formatting, then highlight and copy your text. Then, paste that text directly into inkscape. The text should show up just as you've formatted it in Word.

Then, make sure to use the fill and stroke tool in inkscape, and make sure that both fill and stroke are selected. Here you can also choose the colour of your text.

Finally, go to Edit > Resize Page to Selection to frame the text. Then, select Path > Object to Path. Now you can create your new svg file via Save As.

I know this is a pretty rudimentary explanation, I'm pretty new to all this. Here's a great link that illustrates what I'm talking about: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=238029

Hope this helps!

Back