Usgp 2005

• Thread starter Blake
  • 503 comments
The bridgestone were nowhere tearing up apart after 10 laps in any race. And if they had issues, they were on a level playing field at least, not because only Michelin was allowed to test on certain tracks. If it were not for IRL, Bridgestone would have had the same issue.

And for the chicane, they were giving the points away to Ferrari anyway... and millions of fans would have seen an actual race.

Get out and stay out!

Look i do enjoy F1 for the cars there very nice machines but thats about it i hate how all the drivers are so arrogant and how they F1 community treats fans, i guse im used to Nascar where the driver is always thanking fans and crews they are very humble drivers, i do relise that F1 is a very different best then Nascar but still i just dont like the up-turned nose attitude, i also find it kind of funny that you get on the podeum if you come in 2nd or 3rd i personaly think this winnning is 1rst and should be celebrated everything else is the big "L".

I do respect the drivers who went out and ran and for people throughing stuff on the track they are idiots, but the thing i still cant understand is if you have been here 6 times before how arnt you prepaird?

Also i think they should have at least let them change the tires i think that would have solved alot of issuse, as for the re-fund i persanly think they some-one needs to pay for the mistake.

Final thought realy F1 should stay in Euop, America has plenty of serise to choose from including the highest grosing motor sport on the planet (Nascar) it is a shame that this happend and like i said i love F1 but i dont see it coming back here for a while.

BTW i dont know the whole story on what was said about DP but ill tell ya what that just shows how threatened people are by a very good female driver she already proved herself in IRL i would love to see how she could hang in F1 where realy the man dosent make the car the car makes the man!

jpmontoya
The bridgestone were nowhere tearing up apart after 10 laps in any race. And if they had issues, they were on a level playing field at least, not because only Michelin was allowed to test on certain tracks. If it were not for IRL, Bridgestone would have had the same issue.

And for the chicane, they were giving the points away to Ferrari anyway... and millions of fans would have seen an actual race.
It wasn´t their first year racing on Indianapolis, they knew what to expect. A new pavement and the IRL "tips" wouldn´t make a difference as huge as that. I mean come on, Michelin´s 10 laps tires vs Bridgestone´s 100 laps tires because of some data? I don´t think so.

FatAssBR
It wasn´t their first year racing on Indianapolis, they knew what to expect. A new pavement and the IRL "tips" wouldn´t make a difference as huge as that. I mean come on, Michelin´s 10 laps tires vs Bridgestone´s 100 laps tires because of some data? I don´t think so.

The track surface was diamond ground over the winter and is now much more abrasive. Bridgestone had similar issues the first time they drove on it in april, to the point they had to abort their first test sessions. Read the link I've posted earlier today.

what bernie said about DP was just ignorant but she hasnt proved anything yet. shes in one of the top rides and still hasnt won a race yet. and dont give me the rookie BS. there have been plenty of rookies who have DOMINATED their rookie year in cart/irl and when they were still as one.

Hmm, that might explain the short life of the tires. Question though, was the new pavement only on the oval track?

FatAssBR
Hmm, that might expect the short life of the tires. Question though, was the new pavement only on the oval track?

Yes, I think. The issue Michelin had was only due to turn #13, in the oval part of the track.

To hear Firestone(Bridgestone) saying two months ago that they had unexepected effects that they never seen before, to quote them, is surely not a coincidence.

VashTheStampede
Did Nigel Mansell go to CART and win the championship in his first year?

yes

jpmontoya
Yes, I think. The issue Michelin had was only due to turn #13, in the oval part of the track.

To hear Firestone(Bridgestone) saying two months ago that they had unexepected effects that they never seen before, to quote them, is surely not a coincidence.

the SPEED guys mentioned this several times during the weekend. NASCAR also had an oborted test session a week or 2 after the 500 for the same reasons. your only kidding yourselfs if you think bridgestone would of been any better of if firestone wasnt their sister company.

westwood
the SPEED guys mentioned this several times during the weekend. NASCAR also had an oborted test session a week or 2 after the 500 for the same reasons. your only kidding yourselfs if you think bridgestone would of been any better of if firestone wasnt their sister company.

Thanks, I didn't know that Nascar had similar issues. I'm dazzled that most of the media just ignore this and bend over for the FIA, putting the blame solely on Michelin.

jpmontoya

Michelin could be aware of it, even if without any specific data.

Either way, I still think what happened on sunday was Michelin´s fault not FIA´s, and a chicane would be unfair to the Bridgestone´s teams.

And think about this:

If tire changes were still allowed during races Michelin would still have problems. I mean, if a tire that´s supposed to last for an entire race can only handle ten laps, imagine a tire with an expected life of 30 laps.

FIA is not the one to blame about what happened sunday IMO.

jpmontoya
How so? What could they do about it? Guess? Bridgestone qualified it as something they've never seen before!
Well, you provide tires to the F1 series, you know one of the season´s tracks received a new pavement, wouldn´t you want to know if anything changed?

If these reports about Firestone´s tests for the Indy 500 were released back then Michelin should be aware of it, it´s abouth their business.

and even if they knew about it, it would of been impossible to test. as the entire month of may is used for the 500 with teams using a large part of april for private testing. bridgestone didnt know about it until i believe(correct me if im wrong here) late april.

so michelin didnt have a chance at doing anything about it. and to try to re-create those speeds with that degree of banking i dont think is possible anywhere else. so even IF they would of had a clue of this problem there wouldnt of been much of anything they could of done about it.

no one could of possible anticipated that re-paving the oval would of had the effect it did.

I was about to say the same thing...

Westwood, I did search for the Nascar tests you're talking about, do you remember which teams were doing them?

no no i meant that i think she proved that just because she is a she dosent mean she cant compete i never said she was the best

Getting back to the F1 farse i think they should have at least displayed a "can do" attitude meaning go out and run at the recomended speed ya your going to be slower but its better then just sitting there doing nothing there were still some points up for grabs there like i said F1 has a Jackass attitude very snobish and the ballz they have to say the MS is the best race car driver in the world see i dont think you should ever give any1 that rank because 1. he hasent raced in every serise in the world 2. he drove for ferrari wich had a better car for years so like i said the car might have made the man

westwood
and even if they knew about it, it would of been impossible to test. as the entire month of may is used for the 500 with teams using a large part of april for private testing. bridgestone didnt know about it until i believe(correct me if im wrong here) late april.

so michelin didnt have a chance at doing anything about it. and to try to re-create those speeds with that degree of banking i dont think is possible anywhere else. so even IF they would of had a clue of this problem there wouldnt of been much of anything they could of done about it.

no one could of possible anticipated that re-paving the oval would of had the effect it did.
At the end of the day all you can say really is that luck was on Bridgestone´s side. If it wasn´t for Firestone data maybe we wouldn´t have had a USGP at all.

jpmontoya
I was about to say the same thing...

Westwood, I did search for the Nascar tests you're talking about, do you remember which teams were doing them?

no i cannot recall

FatAssBR
At the end of the day all you can say really is that luck was on Bridgestone´s side. If it wasn´t for Firestone data maybe we wouldn´t have had a USGP at all.

we didnt have a USGP, we had a bridgestone test session.

Looking back on it it's kinda cool that I was able to see a moment that may change motorsports forever. (If the teams form the GPWC or whatever it is called today). I believe that this possibly be the "straw that broke the camels back" and it would kinda of cool to say I watched that.

BTW is it farse or farce?

Rona
Looking back on it it's kinda cool that I was able to see a moment that may change motorsports forever. (If the teams form the GPWC or whatever it is called today). I believe that this possibly be the "straw that broke the camels back" and it would kinda of cool to say I watched that.

BTW is it farse or farce?

ya i cant wait for the 29th and yes its spelled farce my mistype sorry teacher

its kinda a shame because if you could get more US fans F1 would get so much more money alot more then they are now just look what we did to nascar
10 years ago it was probley the 10th most grosing serise now its the first

I don't think F1 needs the US to help it make money :sly:

It would be nice if F1 became more popular over here but just as long as Speed keeps on covering it I don't care. The only thing I wish we had is F1 video games but I can use GT4 to quench my thirst for F1 action.

Juice476
the ballz they have to say the MS is the best race car driver in the world see i dont think you should ever give any1 that rank because 1. he hasent raced in every serise in the world 2. he drove for ferrari wich had a better car for years so like i said the car might have made the man
You do realise Ferrari were nothing back when Schumacher joined them, he won multiple times in his first year with Ferrari, he built the team up over the years, I think in that instance you can clearly say that "the man made the car".

Blake

Famine

If a person was to actively voice the opinion that black people are vermin and should be eradicated from the Earth, do you think no-one here should complain as it's "not like GTP Forums are a governing body of anyone"?

If you see no difference between campaigning the eradication of all black people, and lobbing a plastic bottle onto a mostly empty racetrack, then you my good man need to evaluate your values. Or be tagged "freak".

Rona
I don't think F1 needs the US to help it make money :sly:

It would be nice if F1 became more popular over here but just as long as Speed keeps on covering it I don't care. The only thing I wish we had is F1 video games but I can use GT4 to quench my thirst for F1 action.

you can get the games go to a video game store like gamestop or eb i have F1 2002 and might get 05

BTW F1 in GT4 is nothing like it is and the F1 games your basicly driving a "dumbed down" F1 car in GT4 with only 5 other competeters and some tracks like monaco and dont even think they looked at any pics for that when they made that track its way to tight in 3 and 4 there alot more wider than that plus coming out of the tunnel you have a bite more of a straight than you do in the game

Back