Using B-Spec and it's Potential

  • Thread starter Thread starter sUn
  • 150 comments
  • 21,380 views
My final stats.
208 laps
16 laps ahead of 2nd player. I believe I was over 25-30 laps ahead of the last guy. Mabey even more.
 
On the 24hr race (or any TIME-based races for that matter), having the fastest car is NOT the best strategy for B-spec'ing.

Whether you win by 2 laps or 20 laps, it doesn't matter... it'll still take 24 hours! By having a slower car, you don't have to pit nearly as much. You will therefore be able to run the race in 3X speed for much longer.

For example, on a fast car, I may pit every 3 laps and than need to reset the B-Spec speed to 3X. On a slower car, those 3 laps will take much longer to complete. Also, your tire wear will be less, so you may even run for 4-5 laps before pitting. I can keep the 3X speed much longer (I don't remember the actual laps in-between pits, this is just an example).

Bottomline: If you use a slow car (but still fast enough to win), you should be able to finish the TIME-based races faster by keeping 3X speed longer.

A good gauge of how fast your car was... at the 24hr Nurburgring, I completed the race in less than 200 laps. I have read others have raced 220 laps or more! I lapped the second place car by only 2 laps! My average lap time was over 7 minutes. This does keep the adrenaline high though :scared:
 
B-spec just got me thru all of my endurance races. I did most of the laps on Laguna Seca but the rest I used B-spec while I was at work. 👍
 
Figured out a way to easily increase B Spec driver ability...

Grab your favorite car and do the family cup races with it on every single course, at the highest difficulty level. They are only two lap races, and you can run every available track, as well as in forward and reverse for the ones that allow it. Some tracks, like Suzuka West, never actually appear in a race series, so by running all of the familiy cups, you can ensure that your driver gains the most course ability. Next, throw him into a race with as many different cars as possible. This will get his machine skill up. Choosing difficulty 10 will ensure a more difficult race and the battle skill will increase accordingly.
 
Jedi2016
I also noticed that, even though he had gone "P" those last couple laps, he did NOT do it on the final lap itself. I'm thinking there may be a spot of programming that tells it never to pit on the final lap (makes sense.. the pits are always located near the finish line... don't pit, and you have to go a whopping thirty yards before the race is over).

I had my B-Spec spin out on the final corner of a hard race once, and he ended up facing pit lane ... as I sat there and screamed at him to back up (2nd placed car bearing down), he reversed .... and then drove forward into the pit lane ....

It was annoying (and freaking hilarious) to watch him pit and the rest of the field to romp on home.

He came last. What a doofus.
 
I tend to use B-Spec mode when I have nothing to lose. For example, I would never B-Spec an Arcade race or a Family Cup. I usually use B-Spec when I'm more than 10 points ahead in a championship, so no matter where my car comes in the race, I'm still leading the championship.

I find that the problem with B-Spec is that my car will only win if it is ALOT faster than the other cars. If I were to take my car (eg. Mini Cooper S) and race it in the Euro Compact Car cup, I would win on A-Spec by a small margin against the M Coupe. While if I did the race again, this time in B-Spec mode, he ended up coming in 4th!

I too put it in a high pace, usually 4, 5 is too hard for my driver. And then when I get into 2nd or 1st, I would put it back to medium but keep overtake on.

Marshy
 
The other day I decided to do the 1000km Fuji with my Toyota Minolta race car in B spec and watch to see what he did. I started the race with RHfront/RSHrear tires, but it seemed like the car got really hard to drive when they got to red and he would spin out and lose all the lead he had built up. So after watching him do this a couple times I switched to RMfront/RHrear at the pit stop. After that he did a lot better, running faster lap times which made up for his having to pit more often. And he didn't spin/crash at all...
 
neurokinetik
Figured out a way to easily increase B Spec driver ability...

Grab your favorite car and do the family cup races with it on every single course, at the highest difficulty level. They are only two lap races, and you can run every available track, as well as in forward and reverse for the ones that allow it. Some tracks, like Suzuka West, never actually appear in a race series, so by running all of the familiy cups, you can ensure that your driver gains the most course ability. Next, throw him into a race with as many different cars as possible. This will get his machine skill up. Choosing difficulty 10 will ensure a more difficult race and the battle skill will increase accordingly.

Nice tip. I will try this later on tonight. I've already had my b-boy on quite a few different tracks but his ratings are in the 50's so this should help.
 
Some tracks, like Suzuka West, never actually appear in a race series

I'm sure I did that course in the Euro Hot Hatch earlier today. Or was that East...I can't remember.
 
Hiya! :D :O :lol: Meow! (='.'=)

CamaroBoy69, you and your girlfriend must have a strong relationship! :O I can already imagine a wedding of both of you in the near future! :O 👍

Back on topic! :O

Have anyone tried this procedure?:

1. Let your B-Spec driver keep on driving and change ONLY the tire during a pit stop.
2. If the gas starts to run low, ignore it and only renew the tires.
3. Observe what the B-spec driver would do if you don't allow it to get that new tank of gas for the next lap.(which it REALLY NEEDS IT!)

I was wondering about this last night...If you just change the tires only on all the pits and leave alone the small amount of gas left...IF your car will not make it around for the next pit stop, will the gas be filled automatically during the pit process? :odd:
 
the one thing that REALLY REALLY bugs with the B-spec driver is if your coming up behind a slower car, down a long straight even with Overtake switched on, he ALWAYS ALWAYS hits the slower car up the rear, and then takes a few seconds before he decides to pull out and overtake.. i even tried turning the overtake off, until i was about 2 seconds behnd the slower car, switched overtaking back on, and he still went and rear ended the other car.. how can this be stopped as its damn annoying :grumpy: :grumpy: :grumpy:
 
What is your B-spec skill? I'm sure your B-spec driver will stop once he gets enough experience.
 
Sorry I'm kind of a newb here.. what does AI mean? I think its the driver of the car.. but what does it stand for?

as for the Bspec.. I leave it on 3 and overtake, when I'm 1st place I take off overtake and I still win in 1st =)
 
stucowie
the one thing that REALLY REALLY bugs with the B-spec driver is if your coming up behind a slower car, down a long straight even with Overtake switched on, he ALWAYS ALWAYS hits the slower car up the rear, and then takes a few seconds before he decides to pull out and overtake.. i even tried turning the overtake off, until i was about 2 seconds behnd the slower car, switched overtaking back on, and he still went and rear ended the other car.. how can this be stopped as its damn annoying :grumpy: :grumpy: :grumpy:

wait till its more experienced, ~5000 pts or more
 
shorti
Sorry I'm kind of a newb here.. what does AI mean? I think its the driver of the car.. but what does it stand for?

as for the Bspec.. I leave it on 3 and overtake, when I'm 1st place I take off overtake and I still win in 1st =)

AI = Artificial Intelligence

I always leave overtake on just in case my B-spec dude runs into a wall (I wouldn't put that level of stupidity past him) and gets passed he'll be ready to overtake them again.
 
i've bspec'ed all of the endurance races. i just don't have time to sit for at least two hours playing the game.
 
i think I've b-specced pretty much all the races... i'm impatient you see :-p
I tend to put him on 4 and overtake and when i'm first i put it on 2 and take overtake off... I got really miffed tho, doing the nurburgring on the 1000mile thingy, i used the shelby A/C and it goes like a rocket, BUT after coming out the pits, even on pace 1, mr b-spec always went off the course on the first corner after the pit exit! doh! :grumpy:
 
My B-spec driver had the weirdest glitch yesterday, I was running the 24hr race at le sarthe, and all of a sudden he stopps to 60mph on the mulsanne straight then accelerates to 140mph, then down to 60mph and repeated it until the 2nd place car rammed me, and he drove normally again.
 
I really like the B-spec mode. I enjoy watching the different views and I switch from car to car to see who is battling for the next place. Reminds me of watching IRL
 
shorti
wait till its more experienced, ~5000 pts or more

Hiya! :D :O :lol: Meow! (='.'=)

My AI driver still does the same thing even with 7K B-Spec points. Goes on a straight away, presses against the rear of the opponent and then overtakes the car. What I do find is that my AI will often be very aggressive in overtaking a car during a corner by going on the inside and pushing the other car out of its driving line. :O
 
Ive found B-spec to be a bit of a mystery at some points, im currently doing the formula challenge and tbh it would be impossible to win with just b-spec. He absolutely sucks in the forumla GT car, infact in races where i get 1:06-08 times repeatedly he and the rest of the feild are getting 1:15's thats one hell of a difference considering im driving the exact same car. But in nearly all other cars hes usually the same or within a second of me.
Big tip tho is keep the fuel at 40/80 when you pit, i cant remember when ive used more than 40 fuel before my tires give out, and although the fuel doesnt effect the speed of the car (when it should) it does effect tire wear and you can pull an extra lap in any race with just 1/2 fuel, even 2-3 on the short tracks.
 
McLaren'sAngel
Hiya! :D :O :lol: Meow! (='.'=)

My AI driver still does the same thing even with 7K B-Spec points. Goes on a straight away, presses against the rear of the opponent and then overtakes the car. What I do find is that my AI will often be very aggressive in overtaking a car during a corner by going on the inside and pushing the other car out of its driving line. :O

My driver is about the same skill level, 7319 to be exact. It rams its way through when I have the pace level set to 4 or 5, but if its lower, it will make clean passes on the straights. However, the car I'm driving still has to be far superior in straightline speed or it will just tail the other car without attempting to out brake it going into a corner, despite being able to run lap times 1 or 2 seconds quicker in clear track.
 
can nitrous be used while using b spec?

also, wats is that x3 thing do when u press L1 and arrow?
 
The AI doesnt use nitrous

and the x3 thing is the speed of 'time' if you put it to 3 it will do 3 hours of racing in 1 hour of real time
 
Leppter
The AI doesnt use nitrous

and the x3 thing is the speed of 'time' if you put it to 3 it will do 3 hours of racing in 1 hour of real time

so does that mean the 24 hour race will finish in 8?
 
Leppter
The AI doesnt use nitrous

and the x3 thing is the speed of 'time' if you put it to 3 it will do 3 hours of racing in 1 hour of real time

Hiya! :D :O :lol: Meow! (='.'=)

Interesting find you got there! 👍 Never thought about it! :drool: I just thought x3 is just simply "make your races faster". :O
 
B-Spec mode has quite a lot of potential. But one thing to remember- if your AI racer screws up the whole race, you'll have to be like "since you can't win, I guess I'll do this old school (A-Spec). Like in the Sport Truck race, my B-spec record was 0-4. After racing in A-Spec, your Texas Tough boy John's record was 3-0. I kept telling my B-Spec racer "come on! Get tough!" Then when I raced in A-Spec, it was a 10 point race, but I won all three races when my B-Spec counterpart failed to.

So just remember. If your B-Spec racer can't cut the mustard, you have a few alternatives:

1a.) Kick it old school - race in A-Spec
1b.) If you still can't win, mod it some more and then spank them
2.) Simply race again. To me, it's REQUIRED if you have the best-tuned car and can't win on actual racing knowledge. You know, it's like putting David Coulthard in an Audi R8, trying to win Le Mans. Remember, best car + best skill = should win the race NO QUESTIONS ASKED.

So, always have a Plan B for B-Spec. And if you rely so much on B-Spec, you're not going to win the Special Condition or Driving Mission races, because you'll need to race them A-Spec. Keep training that B-Spec racer, and he/she will take you to victory.
 
Leppter
The AI doesnt use nitrous

and the x3 thing is the speed of 'time' if you put it to 3 it will do 3 hours of racing in 1 hour of real time


how the hell do u use this feature
 
hold one of the L buttons and press right on the D Pd while in b spec
 
what I usually do is...

run practice first to qualify with the fastest time so I can be placed up in front at start (not in single races)

set my B-spec to [5] and go into overtake (if in single races) to take the lead! then once I'm in 1st position I usually set it to [1] highly tuned car or depending on the car, either [2] or [3].

I watch the shorter races but for the longer ones, I set it to X3 to speed it up and check up on it from time to time to see if he pit? so I can speed it up to X3 again...
 
Back