V-Rally 4 (PC, PS4, Switch, Xbox One) - Release date September 2018

Discussion in 'Console & PC Gaming' started by PzR Slim, Mar 13, 2018.

1. PzR Slim

PzR Slim Premium

VRally is back!
    [​IMG]

http://www.thexboxhub.com/v-rally-4-announced-xbox-one-ps4-nintendo-switch-pc/

Last edited: Mar 13, 2018
  2. Silver Arrows

Silver Arrows (Banned)

Like Milestone, I am not sold on Kylotonn as a developer like I am on others. Therefore, I wait for gameplay, and even then, I'll probably have to play the game to see if it is actually any good, or anything more then 'average'

3. rallymorten

rallymorten

..it's not that a V-Rally return doesn't excite me (I still consider the intro video for the second game to be tied with GTR2 and Colin McRae Rally 2 for Best Intro Video For A Racing Game That Isn't A Gran Turismo).

..it's just that the names involved don't instill too much confidence.

Also if they really want to "remain faithful to the identity of the franchise", ditch everything that isn't rally and give us a GT6-can-only-dream track editor. Many, many hours were spent building ski jumps on VR2. I regret nothing.

4. Silver Arrows

Silver Arrows (Banned)

Bolded is exactly my opinion, but at this point, with how decimated the arcade racing landscape is, and with how few studios are left, I guess beggars can't be choosers, but still, it is going to take a lot for my opinion to change on this game, or anything Milestone makes, considering who is behind it.

slvrkt likes this.
  5. SlipZtrEm

SlipZtrEm Administrator

Kylotonn made huge leaps and bounds with WRC 7. For that reason alone I'll be keeping an eye on this.

6. Brend

Brend Premium

WRC 7 crushed the competition last year on the rally front as far as gameplay is concerned, day 1 for me.

Kylotonn has bought a ton of good will in terms of my wallet, here's hoping they deliver. :tup:

CHEN255, potvinsuks, MeanElf and 2 others like this.
  7. rallymorten

rallymorten

..yes, but it's also the very same Kylotonn that made FlatOut 4, which.. let's just say people are divided on whether that's as good as 2/Ultimate Carnage or as bad as.. no, actually, nothing is as bad as FlatOut 3. You get the point.

I guess I just remain unconvinced and shall remain so until it's at least 50% off - I'm not in a financial way to be handing out anywhere near full price for a "maybe you'll like it", I don't have the privilege of preview copies and releasing free trial demos to the public don't make the company enough money. Unless you're EA and tie said free demos to EA Access. So that they're not really free. Yeah.

Also something I just noticed:
    Yes, yes, it's still early days, it can mean anything et cetera, but I really hope that doesn't mean what I think it might. Because that *would* be a sin against "the identity of the franchise".

Brend likes this.
  8. Brend

Brend Premium

Yeah, I don't expect this to be simulation at all even with that comment. Hopefully a buzzword. :lol:

I wouldn't even say WRC 7 was totally sim either.

Scaff likes this.
  9. Scaff

Scaff Staff Emeritus

Add in the utterly excellent TT Isle of Man and I have to agree, I was only wondering yesterday what it would be like if they did a standalone rally title, guess that will be answered soon.

I for one will be getting this day 1.

MeanElf, Sureboss and Brend like this.
  10. Pfei

Pfei

Why would Kylotonn release two rally games in the span of two/three months? It would be suicide to release WRC 8 in July and V-Rally 4 in September.

Unless the rumors that Kylotonn lost the WRC license are true...

potvinsuks likes this.
  11. Scaff

Scaff Staff Emeritus

Could be true, but I'd buy both.......................

potvinsuks and Pfei like this.
  12. GTPNewsWire

GTPNewsWire Contributing Writer

PzR Slim and Scaff like this.
  13. FT-1

FT-1 Premium

I'm going to be keeping a close eye on this, but it releases around the same time as Forza Horizon 4 then I will wait for a discount instead.

14. Scaff

Scaff Staff Emeritus

It's not, but its arguably better than Dirt 4.

What I hope carries over from WRC7 to VR4 is the stage design, as the epic stages are excellent and they are properly narrow at times as well.

Wish list time would be for that TT licence have a nice clause in it that allows it to be used in other titles, the full 37.7 mile TT circuit in a rally title would make me stupidly happy.

I have to say that I actually have no real concerns about the developer, given that they have over the last (roughly) six months) brought us this.....

...and this....

...both of which look good, sound goo and play great.

MeanElf and Brend like this.
  15. Brend

Brend Premium

Now you've got me thinking of taking on El Chocolate in a Group B rally car.

16. Scaff

Scaff Staff Emeritus

Exactly, this has the potential to be really, really good.

Pfei and MeanElf like this.
  17. SlipZtrEm

SlipZtrEm Administrator

And now you've got me thinking I deeply regret not breaking my no-buy policy and picking up the game while it was part of the Flash Sale this past weekend. :(

18. Brend

Brend Premium

You'll get to process my videos from this past week's eSports round at least. :sly:

Seriously though, BUY WRC 7!

Pfei, Scaff, BSDShoes and 1 other person like this.
  19. Calmlity

Calmlity

Developed by Kylotonn? Oh come on, they suck at Rally games. Look at WRC7! Total failure. People buy WRC7 (like me) is because the hype of esport. And I am sorry for that. I sold the game. Milestone is good, but Kylotonn!? :crazy:

20. Sureboss

Sureboss Premium

Both wrc7 and ttiom have been really good fun. Another rally title? Interesting that they got the vrally rights, a 15 year old name.

21. MeanElf

MeanElf

I actually haven't looked at WRC 7 beyond hearing some good enthusiasm for it. I still have a smidge of 5 and most of 6 to play mind - and from what I've played of 6 there are some tight and scary, visceral tracks on there too. So thanks @Scaff for posting that vid of WRC 7 - I'll be getting that when I can too.

Concerning V-Rally, I know I'm hoping for a lot but in the trailer when the car slowed down and the camera panned around it, I had an irrational, massive hope that a proper photo mode would be included. If only that level of photo mode options were to be available, I'd be very, very, very, very happy indeed.

Scaff likes this.
  22. queleuleu

queleuleu

Track maker or nothing!

23. GOTMAXPOWER

GOTMAXPOWER

That wouldn't be a bad thing if whatever deals are signed next are non-exclusive. 2017-Spec WRC cars in the next Dirt game would be good for everybody.

TypeRDC5 and Pfei like this.
  24. L8 Apex

L8 Apex

Not to mention Forza Horizon 4, GT Sport DLC, Gravel DLC...

25. BSDShoes

BSDShoes

WRC 7 was a good leap ahead of 5 & 6, I hope V Rally 4 turns out as well as WRC 7 did.

MeanElf and Scaff like this.
  26. MildAshers

MildAshers Premium

Well total failure is purely opinion as there are many many people who would disagree with that.

If we’re getting this instead of another WRC game then that’s fine as long as it has plenty of rally content.

Apollo440, Calmlity, MeanElf and 2 others like this.
  27. V-Rally 4 player split screen was brilliant. I hope they do the name and memories justice. The music was good too from what i remember, nice and chilled.

Maybe Milestone have picked it back up? or even Codemasters. Is there any way to find out?

MrCrynox, Michelin Man and Pfei like this.
  28. adam thompson

adam thompson

Just watching the trailer and I thought I wasn’t getting much games this year as I have a fair few to get through, but hang on a minute lol should I be intrigued I like what I am seeing so far?

29. Pfei

Pfei

SMS is also a candidate. I guess we'll find out soon enough.

lancia delta hf likes this.
  30. MOV Games

MOV Games

You must have only played V Rally 1 which did indeed have some really chill music, as 2's OST is anything but chilled:

I honestly didn't expect this series to return, though if it ends up anything like V Rally 2 it'll be a purchase from me. Who even owns the rights to the IP anyway, Kylotonn or someone else?

Rage Racer likes this.