v1.04 LIVE *READ OP* for Current Changelog

• Thread starter hognhominy
  • 730 comments
McLaren F1 GTR Race Car (Base & BMW UK Racing), still cannot use H-pattern shifter & clutch.
Will test out the Mercedes-Benz Sauber Mercedes C9 '89 later.

Like @hognhominy said, it's linked to your PSN account, so if it's between two consoles that share the same account, yes. Otherwise, sharing save files from two different accounts won't work. The game will wipe the data, and make you start all over again.

EDIT

Tree'd

Well i only tried two cars last night the ferrari italia and the audi ultra with the updated tune you sent to me ( which worked btw thanks:) ) and couldn't feel any change in braking.
For a minute i thought " oh yeah its sorted now " then thought maybe i've just got better at driving that car?! Then tried the ferrari on the rain masters spa race and it was worse than ever ( or maybe i was worse than ever? ). But it seems the brake pressure is WAY to sensitive on road cars with racing brakes maybe?
I really don't know?! This game, along with some gtplanet threads has really got me :banghead: lol

Great to hear the R8 tune works for you. I would suggest to do simpler test, grab a stock street car like 86GT, -use stock brakes - set 5/5 BB, use comfort tire, run an arcade race, and see if the brakes lock up easily, then do test drive from the garage menu, compare the brakes with arcade race :) I would recommend Brands Hatch GP, the first 3 corners are very good place to test the brakes.

Great to hear the R8 tune works for you. I would suggest to do simpler test, grab a stock street car like 86GT, -use stock brakes - set 5/5 BB, use comfort tire, run an arcade race, and see if the brakes lock up easily, then do test drive from the garage menu, compare the brakes with arcade race :) I would recommend Brands Hatch GP, the first 3 corners are very good place to test the brakes.
Ok mate will give it a whirl.
Wish PD would release an official change log though, because you must know what i mean about the thought of suggestion? And that seems to spread like wildfire here on GTP.

I tried Ferrari italia tuned (with racing brakes) and it wouldn't stop locking!? Tried loads of bb settings but it was still locking with even a tiny amount of brake pressure ( on spa wet race with full wets 100% surface water ). Can't see any difference even from 1.01?
If somebody tells you that the brakes are better all of a sudden you start braking better, its more psychological changes to me. Can't see any change in Brakes, Tyre squeal or sounds.
I've only tested this with race cars a race tires, and I have yet to lock using 4-3 bias. I'm about to test it with street cars on race tires with racing brakes. I've have locked them up on street and racing brakes last night even with bias at 2-1. Like I said before match your tires to your brakes. I'll share what I find within the next fifteen minutes.

One other thing I'm using a G27 wheel, with no peddle upgrades.

The only mode where brake balance do work as it should with certainty is arcade race - from 1.03. With 1.04, the best way to compare is to run arcade race vs test drive under garage with same brake balance, if there's a difference, that means PD didn't fix the brake bug.

I've only tested this with race cars a race tires, and I have yet to lock using 4-3 bias. I'm about to test it with street cars on race tires with racing brakes. I've have locked them up on street and racing brakes last night even with bias at 2-1. Like I said before match your tires to your brakes. I'll share what I find within the next fifteen minutes.

One other thing I'm using a G27 wheel, with no peddle upgrades.
I was using 458 italia tuned with racing brakes, full wet tyres ( they're racing tyres ) 100% track water spa and it was locking up with bb at 5;2 3;2 even 10;5 at less than 30% brake pressure

The Auto Union V16 can now be painted properly, and the steering wheel turns.

Also, the Laguna Seca pit no longer resets the car if it can't get in the pit properly, it will try to turn the car in after it hits the wall (like what the Auto Union does).

I was using 458 italia tuned with racing brakes, full wet tyres ( they're racing tyres ) 100% track water spa and it was locking up with bb at 5;2 3;2 even 10;5 at less than 30% brake pressure
I found out it's a lot easier to lock with racing brakes on street cars with racing tires going into half brake at any bias no matter the conditions of the track. I also found its also very easy to lock on cold tires at low speeds, warn tires on off camber areas at speed and low speeds to warn tires in any condition. I've only tested one LMP and I'm getting the same effects. Racing brakes with street tires will lock all the time even before half brake.

The only mode where brake balance do work as it should with certainty is arcade race - from 1.03. With 1.04, the best way to compare is to run arcade race vs test drive under garage with same brake balance, if there's a difference, that means PD didn't fix the brake bug.
Tested the toyota on arcade mode then test run as u said. Brake balance at 5;5 and it was the same in both modes. Pretty good actually for 5;5 no locking till max pressure was applied.

I found out it's a lot easier to lock with racing brakes on street cars with racing tires going into half brake at any bias no matter the conditions of the track. I also found its also very easy to lock on cold tires at low speeds, warn tires on off camber areas at speed and low speeds to warn tires in any condition. I've only tested one LMP and I'm getting the same effects. Racing brakes with street tires will lock all the time even before half brake.
What about full wets though?

Last edited by a moderator:
"Runoff Areas speed reduction increased" This is the worst addition to GT6 👎
100% agree!
so not only they don't take off that "dumb as 🤬 TCS off-track" ( so that you can't use the many layouts stowe or willow streets has to offer ) they don't allow you anymore to go in the dirt to stress-out or whatever...what the hell are they STILL thinking?

Moderator: Censor the whole word or don't use it.

sorry :dunce:

Last edited:
What about full wets though?
Lock at full brake. Testing Formula cars now, will test rally cars later tonight after class.

Addition:
Formula full wets with 100% rain surface at lock no steering response at Silver Stove, straight off you go into the trap or wall and a flat track. Have yet to test it on any other track at the moment, must be off to class.

100% agree!
so not only they don't take off that "dumb as F°°° TCS off-track ( so that you can't use the many layouts stowe or willow streets has to offer") they don't allow you anymore to go in the dirt to stress-out or whatever...what the hell are they STILL thinking?
Some say they are trying to make it easy. A friend of mine that the 1.04 update made it even more easier for some. The comment I gave him that made him chuckle with delight I'll keep to myself.

I don't recall seeing this brand at launch nor after the 1.03 update, and I've been watching the GT Vision area like a hawk.
It's been there in 1.03, including the sketch.
So it wasn't there at game launch. I thought so. Plus the 1.03 update hasn't been out very long.

:rolleyes:

Last Update: 20/08/2013
(...)
Zagato will create [a] concept model

http://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/news/00_3377315.html

Official sketch has been around long before game launch too, example proof:
https://www.gtplanet.net/?attachment_id=25864

You're costing me worthy seconds on google.

100% agree!
so not only they don't take off that "dumb as 🤬 TCS off-track ( so that you can't use the many layouts stowe or willow streets has to offer") they don't allow you anymore to go in the dirt to stress-out or whatever...what the hell are they STILL thinking?

I really can't understand why the "real driving simulator" is forcing on all these driving aids, just like in time trials or license tests. There's nothing wrong with having the option so the game isn't too hard for the kiddos or those having a hard time, but the key word is option! Why force them on? Does Kaz not have faith in our abilities to find the options in this game?

I really can't understand why the "real driving simulator" is forcing on all these driving aids, just like in time trials or license tests. There's nothing wrong with having the option so the game isn't too hard for the kiddos or those having a hard time, but the key word is option! Why force them on? Does Kaz not have faith in our abilities to find the options in this game?

When you consider all the mess with SRF being forced on or being allowed at no disadvantage in Seasonal events, apparently, no. :indiff:

It appears they have pared some of the content in an effort to reduce processing requirements, trees, distant objects/terrain, ect.

If I were to guess, Bathurst is one of the newer tracks and was modeled in a very detailed way to allow it to be used on future games, but had details removed to allow it to be processed on PS3, they obviously think that the reductions were not enough and reduced it further.

This seems to be a running theme, new features are too processor intensive for PS3 and suffer in this version, dynamic light in interiors, audio, force calculations, weather, ect.
Can we get some before and after pictures, because I didn't see a difference.

The Tire temp indicator behaves almost the same as before. There is no gradual fade between colours at all. The only change is that they may have added an extra shade of orange to the indicator.

I don't personally think that temp temp even enters into the game's calculations. I view that indicator as a grip indicator that tells you how near to slipping you are. If it has any relation to tyre temp at all then it is practically meaningless.

The Tire temp indicator behaves almost the same as before. There is no gradual fade between colours at all. The only change is that they may have added an extra shade of orange to the indicator.

I don't personally think that temp temp even enters into the game's calculations. I view that indicator as a grip indicator that tells you how near to slipping you are. If it has any relation to tyre temp at all then it is practically meaningless.
It also works the other way around and shows when grip is returning.

Since there is no tire pressure adjustment it's just a linear measure of grip and as its bidirection and based on friction coefficients then its temperature.

But to your point, it's about the simplest means of integrating it in a game so actual temperature could simply be a sliding traction scale in GT.

:eek: C' mon Poly, fix your Stuff. Stop telling us what you're letting us have, and give us what we need. and that's FIXES all this fluff, needs to be sidebar to the glitches and bugs that need to be FIXED.:ill:

Back