v1.17 BoP update

• Thread starter Th3W1fe
  • 91 comments
My reaction to the increased weight of the SLS Gr.4:
281ale.jpg

Shouldn't "no BoP" be 100/100 for all cars? If you switch it on and then off, does it stay at the BoP values and that's what happened to you?

Yeah that's what I meant :)
I am not sure whether @PirovacBoy has manually set the ratios to the same ones as when BoP is turned on even when it is turned off? I guess that is what he meant?
If it really is set to 101/109 like when BoP is off (and all other settings are like when BoP is on too) and then the car still is different then indeed it would be strange.
But half a second slower with BoP 101/109 on would sound plausible vs. a 100/100 setting with BoP off.

K32
They made it lighter, but it isn't solving the problem. More power needed.

Generally, cars with less weight (and less bhp) by default should become heavier and more powerful to keep in line with other Gr.4/3 cars, and so that the tyre wear is more or less the same.

EDIT: and vice-versa for heavier, more powerful members of the category.
Power and weight won't fix the atrocious gearing.

28C5A761-8782-4E6D-9672-301D5622A2B3.jpeg
31852CD7-0854-4D2D-9BCF-AEF4D673EFCC.jpeg
Shouldn't "no BoP" be 100/100 for all cars? If you switch it on and then off, does it stay at the BoP values and that's what happened to you?
I guess it should i don’t know. Look at the Pictures, it doesn‘t change. I only know it like this.

Edit: with these identical settings as you can see, I get a time difference of more than 0.500 sometimes even more depending on the track. I didn’t touch the settings or the gearing neither. Everything is the same. If you want I can upload pictures of these too.

Last edited:
K32
True, but it brings the performance somewhat closer. The Cayman and SLS Gr.4 both need work when it comes to transmission.
The power and weight have never been the problem with the Cayman. It's had horrible acceleration the entire time.

So the Alfa 4C finally becomes competitive again after the last BoP and now they reduce the power?? WTF!

More generally, why do they have a single BoP instead of BoP per circuit? That would make their balancing job much easier than trying to find one magic setting that makes everything balanced on every circuit. This will only get worse the more tracks they add.

Here's another thing that I don't understand:
When the FWD cars were shattering the group 4 field, the Megane was the best, followed by the Scirocco. Then they both got nerved the same amount.

After that, my impression in sport mode was:
- The TT was now the fastest FWD car, frequently used and even seen on the leaderboards sometimes. (I think it lost a small amount of power later but remained a go-to car for some).
- The Megane remained somewhat competitive not being a top car anymore. Occasionally seen in sport mode.
- The Scirocco has gone missing altogether.

Now of those three cars, it would have made sense to me to give the Scirocco a small power boost. Am I missing something or am I downright wrong? How are those decisions made at PD?

Afaik, in real world GT racing, the gear ratios are part of the BoP and therefore fixed as well.
Still doesn't make sense to not give the Cayman a bit more power.

Haha that meme was for PD, they usually change the power and weight, but I've never seen a change in setup from them in GTS so far. It would make sense if they did that too. Who knows, they might improve it for a change.

EDIT: *Flashback from GT6*

Oh wait, but they have. There was an update in during the GT6 days where they changed all the default setups of all the cars and gave them horrible toe and camber angle. I don't think a settings revamp in GTS will go well at all.

So the Alfa 4C finally becomes competitive again after the last BoP and now they reduce the power?? WTF!

More generally, why do they have a single BoP instead of BoP per circuit? That would make their balancing job much easier than trying to find one magic setting that makes everything balanced on every circuit. This will only get worse the more tracks they add.

Completely agree. And there is no magic setting to make it even on all circuits. A general BoP setting for all tracks would only make sense if there was a fixed calendar of races where you would need to stick to your car, then they could do it.
But for daily races you can switch the car between every race and the same is with the nations cup. Even for the manufacturers cup how many races do you have with the same car class, where you have to stick to the car, maybe two...
Some people even use different cars between qualifying and the race!

A BoP per circuit would make much, much more sense, also I guess they could pretty easily simulate the optimum possible performance with each car on each track and then set the BoP value accordingly.

Afaik, in real world GT racing, the gear ratios are part of the BoP and therefore fixed as well.
Still doesn't make sense to not give the Cayman a bit more power.
Yes, but why would a 6 speed car be geared to only use 5? IF anything, the M4 should be geared to not use 7th.

Completely agree. And there is no magic setting to make it even on all circuits. A general BoP setting for all tracks would only make sense if there was a fixed calendar of races where you would need to stick to your car, then they could do it.
But for daily races you can switch the car between every race and the same is with the nations cup. Even for the manufacturers cup how many races do you have with the same car class, where you have to stick to the car, maybe two...
Some people even use different cars between qualifying and the race!

A BoP per circuit would make much, much more sense, also I guess they could pretty easily simulate the optimum possible performance with each car on each track and then set the BoP value accordingly.
It wouldn't change that some people have their one favourite car while others try to use the meta everytime.

Real world BoP is also not bound to a race calendar but to a class. There are exceptions like the VLN BoP, where the cars race the same track for the entire season.

It wouldn't change that some people have their one favourite car while others try to use the meta everytime.

Real world BoP is also not bound to a race calendar but to a class. There are exceptions like the VLN BoP, where the cars race the same track for the entire season.

Real world also doesn't do a BoP change 3 times a week.
Who really cares what BoP changes they have in the real world, the game should be fair and balanced and if you want races with many different cars being used then you need a different BoP per circuit.
With the current way this is handled you have general BoP changes every few days because it never really fits well, and still if you look in the top 10 list 80-90% are using the same car. This is pointless.

Actually when I first played the game I thought "BoP for circuit" means *for this circuit*, but of course it turned out that I was wrong...

K32
What's the reason for this? SLS has always been underperforming (gears are a wreck, very long, along with too much weight) and now it doesn't stand a chance.

Really, it just doesn't make any sense. :(
Yeah I don’t understand this. Meanwhile, the M4 was still showing up on Top 10 leaderboards and it gets a buff??
Yamaguchi pass the pipe

Here's an idea, Why don't PD stop arseing around and have variable BoP, You pick an OP car and win/place higher than you should, Your subsequent race you get ballast based on your performance to slow the car down, The only way to remove said ballast is to perform better with a less OP car, Problem solved.

There you go boys I have solved PD's idiotic BoP since they can't seem to see the wood for the trees and its like watching the blind leading the blind at PD HQ.

I like every single change they made it on this BoP update.

We might be reaching peak balance here lads.

Still no love for the McLaren!!!

It won't be peak balance until...

I can race the McLaren MYGUY!

and still if you look in the top 10 list 80-90% are using the same car.
I have a feeling that this wouldn't change no matter what system you implement because some people will use the meta no matter if it gives them an advantage of 1.0 seconds or 0.05 seconds. Also, one effect is that sometimes the leaderboard is 10x the same car in one region and 10x another one car in the other region because people don't use what is fastest but they use the car that the fastest driver used.

On the other hand, the leaderboards looked quite varied lately on most tracks. So the top group of cars seemed to be alright and there doesn't need to be a change every two weeks. Most people can use their favourite car because while it might not be No. 1, it is reasonably fine. That should be enough. Don't concentrate on those people who use the meta anyway.

What I would concentrate on as PD would be give those cars an edge that are never used at all. Like the Gr. 3 Audi and Lambo, the Cayman, maybe the Gr. 4 GTR and the Scirocco. It is on the other hand completely unnecessary to nerf a car that is underused anyway like the SLS Gr. 4.

Yeah I don’t understand this. Meanwhile, the M4 was still showing up on Top 10 leaderboards and it gets a buff??
Yamaguchi pass the pipe

When was it showing in the top 10? Certainly not in the last few days after they completely destroyed it with further lowering the power and giving it a massive weight increase!
When are people going to be happy, when the M4 has half the power of the other cars? It's as useless as the Cayman already!

I have a feeling that this wouldn't change no matter what system you implement because some people will use the meta no matter if it gives them an advantage of 1.0 seconds or 0.05 seconds.

What I would concentrate on as PD would be give those cars an edge that are never used at all. Like the Gr. 3 Audi and Lambo, the Cayman, maybe the Gr. 4 GTR and the Scirocco. It is on the other hand completely unnecessary to nerf a car that is underused anyway like the SLS Gr. 4.

Completely disagree, with 0.05 I would stay with the car I know, with 1.0 for sure I would switch.

And agree, it is beyond me why they keep the Cayman (and all other MR Gr. 4 cars) at a completely useless BoP level.

PS: OK didn't take care with that many posts happening in the thread, now I'm gonna get the mod divebomb for unnecessary multi posts and a fat forum SR- :(

Completely disagree, with 0.05 I would stay with the car I know, with 1.0 for sure I would switch.
Probably that is because you are a healthy and capable of pracmatic thinking. But I wrote "some people" ;).

I added one sentence in my post above. Specifically, I remember when the leaderboard on one track was consisting of 10x M4 in Europe while it was 10x GT86 in Asia. People are sheep that follow a leader, a perfect BoP might not be able to change that :).

Probably that is because you are a healthy and capable of pracmatic thinking. But I wrote "some people" ;).

I added one sentence in my post above. Specifically, I remember when the leaderboard on one track was consisting of 10x M4 in Europe while it was 10x GT86 in Asia. People are sheep that follow a leader, a perfect BoP might not be able to change that :).

Yes I agree with that, but I don't think it's just people being dumb, it is also the poor leaderboard in the game with only the 10 best lap times being displayed. It is still beyond my comprehension what this limit is for and why we can't have a list of all times there, most importantly with the possibility to filter by car. I am sure people wouldn't be that nuts if they could see that other cars are capable of good times too.
But if you only see 10 Bugattis in the top 10 and don't have a clue what are you going to do, of course you are also going to use the Bugatti because likely you don't have time to test all car to check which car might be competitive.

And that leads me again to the BoP per circuit. With the current system you DO have cars that are simply not competitive on a certain track, but maybe on others (or not at all, but this is down to PD setting the BoP incorrectly, no car should e un-competitive on ALL tracks like the Cayman is and like the M4 has become).
With a BoP per circuit you could be sure that your car will be competitive, no matter what car you choose, you wouldn't even need to look at the leaderboard (also the leaderboard for sure wouldn't look like it does look now).

Back