v1.17 BoP update

• Thread starter Th3W1fe
  • 91 comments
What drives me nuts is the constant changes to the fuel consumption rates. You have to enter in your first Race C as a test run after each update to see which cars can make the shortshift no stops now.... Are they trying to eliminate this or something? I rather liked the strategic options.

Does anyone think, like me, that all these seemingly random changes to BoP are put in to distract us from the dearth of tracks and cars in GTS? Or the seemingly unaddressed weird grip physics (launch behavior only serves to illustrate how poor PD's tire/grip model is at lower speeds)..?

Drive the player base crazy with constant shuffling in penalties and BoP, perhaps to keep our minds off of other things that have gone backwards since GT6... LOL

Does anyone think, like me, that all these seemingly random changes to BoP are put in to distract us from the dearth of tracks and cars in GTS? Or the seemingly unaddressed weird grip physics (launch behavior only serves to illustrate how poor PD's tire/grip model is at lower speeds)..?

Drive the player base crazy with constant shuffling in penalties and BoP, perhaps to keep our minds off of other things that have gone backwards since GT6... LOL

I can promise you there's no shortage of track/car requests... so errr... no.

Anyway, my thoughts on the Balance, this iteration is the closest we've ever been to perfect balance by far, hopefully a couple more BoP tweaks and PD should have it (Most MR Gr3 cars really need some help!)

K32
What's the reason for this? SLS has always been underperforming (gears are a wreck, very long, along with too much weight) and now it doesn't stand a chance.

Really, it just doesn't make any sense. :(
I've been able to get good results with the SLS although it was more because the tires don't fall off as fast. This change doesn't help, though.
And this after they cut down the AMG's power before as well. Wasn't necessary.

On the other hand, the real world Audi R8 LMS is a very successful car with loads of wins and I never ever see it in GTS sport mode. I'm really no Audi fan, quite the opposite, but this situation is a bit bizarre imo.
That's because the R8 in GT Sport is undrivable unless one spends enough time to understand how to get speed out of it. Even then, I don't dare race with it. Too difficult to drive how it needs to be driven in traffic.

Why did they reduce power for the gr4 Alfa and 86? And increased power for the M4? I’m confused.

I like all the gr3 reduced powers though :)

View attachment 728787 View attachment 728786
I guess it should i don’t know. Look at the Pictures, it doesn‘t change. I only know it like this.

Edit: with these identical settings as you can see, I get a time difference of more than 0.500 sometimes even more depending on the track. I didn’t touch the settings or the gearing neither. Everything is the same. If you want I can upload pictures of these too.

I think you set your BoP values to match the official values some time ago and just forgot about it. Mine reverts back to 100/100 when I turn BoP off.

Btw I love that car. Handling is completely neutral and turning in for corners is fantastic. The only problem I have is that I'm never quite sure about using first or second gear out of slow corners. First gear is too short and the car doesn't have enough torque for second gear to work. Either way I'm losing time. My current go-to car is the NSX. It`s very similar but I'm about 0.5 seconds per lap faster around most tracks.

The fact that you are faster with identical settings is very strange indeed. Maybe BoP changes some additional hidden parameters too?

Last edited:
I think you set your BoP values to match the official values some time ago and just forgot about it. Mine reverts back to 100/100 when I turn BoP off.

Btw I love that car. Handling is completely neutral and turning in for corners is fantastic. The only problem I have is that I'm never quite sure about using first or second gear out of slow corners. First gear is too short and the car doesn't have enough torque for second gear to work. Either way I'm losing time. My current go-to car is the NSX. It`s very similar but I'm about 0.5 seconds per lap faster around most tracks.

The fact that you are faster with identical settings is very strange indeed. Maybe BoP changes some additional hidden parameters too?
I can’t remember having it changed, but maybe you are right. The biggest difference I noticed is that I can rev it up higher before I have to change the gears,roundabout 5-6km/h. But I guess that wouldn’t explain such a huge difference.
Strange that it doesn’t change back to 100/100 when I turn bop off?! I will try to manually change it tomorrow and see how it performs then.

The biggest difference I noticed is that I can rev it up higher before I have to change the gears,roundabout 5-6km/h.

The Ferrari needs extreme RPM to produce power, the max. power is at the very end of the RPM range, if the rev limit is significantly higher with BoP off then in my opinion this could very well explain the difference as after shifting you'll be in a range where the engine has much more power than if you have to shift at lower RPM.

The Ferrari needs extreme RPM to produce power, the max. power is at the very end of the RPM range, if the rev limit is significantly higher with BoP off then in my opinion this could very well explain the difference as after shifting you'll be in a range where the engine has much more power than if you have to shift at lower RPM.
I know, the question is why. With the identical settings I get different results.

I can promise you there's no shortage of track/car requests... so errr... no.

Agreed. But what are we talking about today? And, given another BoP or penalty system change, what will we be all talking about tomorrow?

Distraction. An apparently effective tactic. Overwhelm the base with minor things, and they will spend less attention on the major things. The things that take actual effort, cost actual money and don't seem to be much of a priority for PD.

Agreed. But what are we talking about today? And, given another BoP or penalty system change, what will we be all talking about tomorrow?

Distraction. An apparently effective tactic. Overwhelm the base with minor things, and they will spend less attention on the major things. The things that take actual effort, cost actual money and don't seem to be much of a priority for PD.
Starting to sound political. Keep that out of this thread.;)

I actually enjoy the BoP updates. Without it, I'd probably be driving the same cars that I was in October. It's kind of like F1 where every year there's excitement around the car changes and how it scrambles up the grid. And they only have about 20 races a year.

PD has the data on every single race, none of you do,
PD adjust BOP based on mass data.
All of our opinions are based on subjective data. even if you did an objective test, PD has more data than you do.

Every criticism is made from a point of ignorance relative to PD's knowledge.

P 1-3 are all true
Thus my conclusion is right.

I like what they did to BoP on Gr. 4- hitting them where it hurts.
Atenza, 4C, 86: agile on corners, slow on straights. Balance: Even less hp
RC F, SLS: sluggish on corners, amazing on straights. Balance: Even more weight

They're not trying to make the cars handle identical, bur rather making them into specialized weapons that are suited to some tracks more than others

PD has the data on every single race, none of you do,
PD adjust BOP based on mass data.
All of our opinions are based on subjective data. even if you did an objective test, PD has more data than you do.

Every criticism is made from a point of ignorance relative to PD's knowledge.

P 1-3 are all true
Thus my conclusion is right.

Data or not, PD have their very own racing driver, His name? Dr Kazunori Yamauchi, Why can't he do some laps? Think of it like Topgear's powerlap board granted they probably don't always use the same Stig but if they do all the cars will be on a level playing field to show the potential they have (or not)

1: He would be able to get a measure of where each car is in terms of performance
2: He's a racing driver he knows how to drive
3: He would notice things that aren't true to life in the game/cars that have absolutely horrendous standard setups that can't be changed for example.

Does anyone use the Cayman GT4 in Gr.4.? It’s one of my favourite driving cars, but it never appears to be competitive online.
I think PD knows Cayman is not up to standard. Used to sign for Porsche in Manufacturer race. The Gr4 just can't compete. :grumpy:
One make race on Cayman is the redemption for Cayman lover. :lol:
Still dream of winning once with the Cayman. :cheers:

I like what they did to BoP on Gr. 4- hitting them where it hurts.
Atenza, 4C, 86: agile on corners, slow on straights. Balance: Even less hp
RC F, SLS: sluggish on corners, amazing on straights. Balance: Even more weight

They're not trying to make the cars handle identical, bur rather making them into specialized weapons that are suited to some tracks more than others
Amazed Atenza got less power after update. I have struggled a lot with its acceleration. Lost places if long straight before 1st corner. :irked:
May need to get a more powerful car in EU.:lol:

Last edited:
They nerfed my beloved Lexus? Whhhhyyy :(

But it seems we're getting to a good balanced field in a few weeks!? At least we're getting there...
Now they just need to give the Gr.3 Huracan and the McLarens a bit more love :boggled:

And open up settings for sport mode!!!

They nerfed my beloved Lexus? Whhhhyyy :(

But it seems we're getting to a good balanced field in a few weeks!? At least we're getting there...
Now they just need to give the Gr.3 Huracan and the McLarens a bit more love :boggled:

And open up settings for sport mode!!!

If they open up settings then the whole BoP system goes down the drain.
Besides most don‘t even know where to shift, so it seems pointless to let them play around with gear ratios etc.

The GR.4 Porsche Cayman is still useless and has been useless for a long time now.
It was pretty popular at Brands Hatch back in December-January days, at least in the Asia region
Although you can argue that people are atill looking for the actual meta car, which is fair enough

It was pretty popular at Brands Hatch back in December-January days, at least in the Asia region
Although you can argue that people are atill looking for the actual meta car, which is fair enough

It's actually not all that bad on Brands Hatch, probably a top 5 car on that track. However, it's one of the only cars I can think of in group 4 which has been consistently below average.

It's actually not all that bad on Brands Hatch, probably a top 5 car on that track. However, it's one of the only cars I can think of in group 4 which has been consistently below average.
Sadly true. Even the Veyron got more use than the Cayman recently

Glad to see the Atenza getting a power hit, the less FWD cars the better. Shame they had to ruin it by adding power to the hateful Megane. What driving pleasure is in these FWD learner cars is beyond me. I've given them a go and they're awful, no joy, no fun just bags of understeer and as much excitement as a wilted daffodil. I'd rather come last in a race than drive one of them to a win any day of the week!
I haven't exactly done any manufacturers cups or similar, but i've used FWD racing cars, and I was pretty mad at myself for not using them sooner. They were easy to control, even in TCS 0, which I mainly use when I try drifting. They won't be my go to racing cars, I'll probably use the Cayman because I made a nice livery for it, but those cars I found nice.

K32
Thus the transmission change...

281bpz.jpg
It's more about the usually horrible default suspension setup and alignment. It better be left open. At least the alignmet. It would give bigger gain I believe

BOP is stupid anyway, all it does is dumb down the cars so the sissies who can't race can keep up!!!!!!!!!
Mr Toto Wolf and Niki Lauda like this
In real BoP was implemented to keep the field packed and prevent manufacturers engage into money spending development war

Back