The BoP (Balance of Performance) of the following cars has been adjusted:

Gr.1 Class
・Audi Vision Gran Turismo [Power Ratio : 85%] [Weight Reduction Ratio : 80%]

Gr.3 Class
・Chevrolet Corvette C7 Gr.3 [Power Ratio : 104% > 103%]
・Dodge Viper SRT GT3-R '15 [Power Ratio : 84% > 83%]
・Lexus RC F GT3 prototype (Emil Frey Racing) '16 [Power Ratio : 108% > 107%]
・Lexus RC F GT3 (Emil Frey Racing) '17 [Power Ratio : 108% > 107%]
・Nissan GT-R GT-R NISMO GT3 N24 Schulze Motorsport '13 [Power Ratio : 109% > 110%]
・Volkswagen GTI Vision Gran Turismo (Gr.3) [Weight Reduction Ratio : 104% > 103%]

Gr.4 Class
・Alfa Romeo 4C Gr.4 [Power Ratio : 103% > 102%]
・BMW M4 Gr.4 [Power Ratio : 98% > 99%]
・Lexus RC F Gr.4 [Weight Reduction Ratio : 102% > 103%]
・Mazda Atenza Gr.4 [Power Ratio : 105% > 104%]
・Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG Gr.4 [Weight Reduction Ratio : 105% > 106%]
・Renault Sport Mégane Gr.4 [Power Ratio : 99% > 100%]
・Toyota 86 Gr.4 [Power Ratio : 100% > 99%]

IMPORTANT
The fuel consumption rate for the Gr.3 / Gr.4 cars has been adjusted.

https://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/gtsport/news/00_8516995.html

:lol: The Gr.4 Atenza losses power. :lol: I know it's quite good but it's one weakness is straight line speed, it'll still be good where it was good but even more useless elsewhere.

I guess this is why they need to alter some stock setups instead.

Good info in the OP. But why doesn't PD time trial these cars to the Nth degree? Or hire me to do it for them?

Measure straight line acceleration at various points. Measure max G force in a turn. Something, anything to make them pretty close to equal out of the gate. This whole playing catch up and 'finding the next big thing' has gotten old.

Jerome

Does anyone use the Cayman GT4 in Gr.4.? It’s one of my favourite driving cars, but it never appears to be competitive online.

Does anyone use the Cayman GT4 in Gr.4.? It’s one of my favourite driving cars, but it never appears to be competitive online.

They made it lighter, but it isn't solving the problem. More power needed.

Generally, cars with less weight (and less bhp) by default should become heavier and more powerful to keep in line with other Gr.4/3 cars, and so that the tyre wear is more or less the same.

EDIT: and vice-versa for heavier, more powerful members of the category.

K32
What's the reason for this? SLS has always been underperforming (gears are a wreck, very long, along with too much weight) and now it doesn't stand a chance.

Really, it just doesn't make any sense. :(
And this after they cut down the AMG's power before as well. Wasn't necessary.

On the other hand, the real world Audi R8 LMS is a very successful car with loads of wins and I never ever see it in GTS sport mode. I'm really no Audi fan, quite the opposite, but this situation is a bit bizarre imo.

And this after they cut down the AMG's power before as well. Wasn't necessary.

Totally agree. Its' characteristic straight-line speed is nowhere to be seen.

On the other hand, the real world Audi R8 LMS is a very successful car with loads of wins and I never ever see it in GTS sport mode. I'm really no Audi fan, quite the opposite, but this situation is a bit bizarre imo.

In the Asia/Oceania region (where I am), there are plenty of Japanese drivers that resort to this manufacturer, but there haven't been any noticeable results.

I remember watching ORMA_Snow use Audi for a while, (pre 1.15) and he was putting up quite a fight against the top-tier drivers with the R8 LMS

Glad to see the Atenza getting a power hit, the less FWD cars the better. Shame they had to ruin it by adding power to the hateful Megane. What driving pleasure is in these FWD learner cars is beyond me. I've given them a go and they're awful, no joy, no fun just bags of understeer and as much excitement as a wilted daffodil. I'd rather come last in a race than drive one of them to a win any day of the week!

What I absolutely can’t comprehend is that the 458 Gr3 has the same values for Bop (101/109) being bop‘d or Not. And that leads to my biggest problem that I can’t explain why i‘m more than half a Second per lap faster when Bop is turned off. Anyone an explanation :confused:

Edit: it’s the only Gr3 car I drive so I know it very well. I even checked every single detail in suspension and gearing but no difference. Why the hell is it faster without Bop??? It just doesn’t make sense

Just because they are "balanced" doesn't mean they all have to be the same. Some cars have better acceleration while others have better handling or braking. It should lead to more exciting races.

I also think they are balancing within manufacturers to some degree. Porsche Gr. 4 is not competitive overall, so the Gr.3 is very competitive to make up for it. Adds a bit more strategy to the FIA Manufacturer Championship.

All that being said, the Gr. 3 Peugeot RCZ needs some love from PD.

Glad to see the Atenza getting a power hit, the less FWD cars the better. Shame they had to ruin it by adding power to the hateful Megane. What driving pleasure is in these FWD learner cars is beyond me. I've given them a go and they're awful, no joy, no fun just bags of understeer and as much excitement as a wilted daffodil. I'd rather come last in a race than drive one of them to a win any day of the week!
The Mazda is a 4WD car, not FWD. And while I agree that it is easy to drive, it is also a lot more fun then the FWDs. It seems to come to life at the limit where the FWD cars do nothing else than understeering.
The Mazda is a good hotlapping car but not so good in the race where it lacks power on the straights. Same for the Evo, just even worse.

Exactly this. I was doing Time trial and somehow forgot to turn on bop. You can imagine how buffed I was after I got into the 1:54s on Maggiore just to find out that i forgot to turn on bop. Then I noticed that there’s no difference either it’s activated or not.

The Gr86 was a very good handling car but not a good car for Monza, I had to run it for the manufacturers race on Saturday, started 5th and won but not because of its tremendous speed, rather it was because I didnt make any mistakes and the others fortunately did and I made the car wide when needed. I was a moving chicane on the straights and almost got run over accelerating off corners, luckily the draft is not more effective.

Exactly this. I was doing Time trial and somehow forgot to turn on bop. You can imagine how buffed I was after I got into the 1:54s on Maggiore just to find out that i forgot to turn on bop. Then I noticed that there’s no difference either it’s activated or not.
Shouldn't "no BoP" be 100/100 for all cars? If you switch it on and then off, does it stay at the BoP values and that's what happened to you?

Back