Votes: 7 1.2%
  • Nismo and Erebus

Votes: 6 1.0%
  • Volvo

Votes: 43 7.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah it does need white wheels before it reaches the status of perfect. The red just doesn't fit in with the rest of the car.

Yeah, exactly. The red wheels wouldn't look as out of place if they had red headlight covers like the original '97 car but I believe they're against the rules now?

The Red line on the side helps the Red wheels look in place.

Im sure in person it will make more sense as you also have the Red Holden Visor.

Either way it's lovingly nostalgic, when I first watched V8SC in 1996, this was the Livery I remember.

The 02 numbering is also a good tribute to Brock, hope they use this for Bathurst.

In relation to young drivers and those without maingame seats. When Cotf cars go to DVS, I think DVS will be the series to be in- in the same breath for that to be truth, the Gen2 cars need to be on the money. The cars are proven, the DVS races are aprint races, Nisaan are in good shape to have Global/Gt Academy drivers enter Supercars here. I can see the Altima continuing in good form in the DVS.

The only good thing that could come from it would be the whole race weekend being broadcast properly on FOXTEL. Which would be a massive gain for the sport.

Well that and V8 drivers being allowed to compete in the race? As much as I hate the idea of Warburton and Co. taking over the promotion of the 12hr, as long they let the event continue on it's own merit and they don't mess with it too much (or better yet, don't mess with it at all). It should be okay.

Last edited:
Surely James O'Brien isn't that stupid. Handing it over to V8SC would kill the 12HR. The only good thing that could come from it would be the whole race weekend being broadcast properly on FOXTEL. Which would be a massive gain for the sport.

The 12 Hour was already broadcast properly even before Channel 7 got the rights to it - the event organisers live streamed all of the 12 Hour without ad breaks, plus the support categories and qualifying on Saturday for a few years. All that a Foxtel deal would do is give less exposure to the event by decreasing the Australian TV audience and potentially prevent international viewers from watching the race by taking away the free live stream.

As of next week, we need to make the "Phelps Drinking Game" a real thing. :lol:
I assume that the rule will be "drink when Phelps says something sensible"?

Because you won't last five minutes if you're drinking every time he says something stupid.

As of next week, we need to make the "Phelps Drinking Game" a real thing. :lol:

I don't drink but I'm pretty sure I could get drunk on water, with the amount of rubbish that comes out of Phelps's mouth.

I don't drink but I'm pretty sure I could get drunk on water, with the amount of rubbish that comes out of Phelps's mouth.
Neither do I, but I'm pretty sure we could indeed get drunk on water with the amount of mindless drivle that comes out of his mouth. That's 10 minutes a week they waste on him when they could be doing another Tech Talk with Crompton.

Neither do I, but I'm pretty sure we could indeed get drunk on water with the amount of mindless drivle that comes out of his mouth. That's 10 minutes a week they waste on him when they could be doing another Tech Talk with Crompton.

For sure. I'd rather see something about the wheels and why they choose the current brand over BBS, Enkei, RAY'S, etc. Rhiana should give us the news and leave this guy back near the cleaning agents to report in his column.

Well, guess he'll report on this next week
http://www.speedcafe.com/2015/07/08/kl-city-gp-reveals-v8-supercars-demo-schedule/
Kuala Lumpur City Grand Prix organisers have confirmed three V8 Supercars demonstration races at the inaugural event in the Malaysian capital from August 7-9.

As a precursor for next year’s V8 Supercar championship round at the KL City Grand Prix, it was announced earlier this year that Craig Lowndes, Will Davison, Scott McLaughlin, Todd Kelly and Chaz Mostert will contest a series of demonstration runs at the 3.2km street circuit.

A draft version of the schedule released by KL City GP event organisers sees the five drivers compete in 2×30 minute free practice sessions on Friday, before a 30 minute qualifying session and 3×30 minute race demonstrations held over Saturday and Sunday.

Details of how the demonstration races will run, including whether a trophy will be presented to the winner, are yet to be finalised with V8 Supercars.

The Australian category will form part of the support bill for the event alongside the Formula Masters China Series and the Lamborghini Super Trofeo Asia one make championship.

The Porsche Carrera Cup Asia and the Audi R8 LMS Cup were removed from the schedule last month, which race organisers GT Global race SDN BHD attributed to a restriction in available track time.

The event will be headlined by the KL City GP GT Cup which will host a 40 minute race for GT3 machinery.

Cool.

Last edited:
Watching the re-run of "Inside Supercars", at least FOX Sports have the sense to pitch Phelps as a gossip-monger rather than an expert source.

Watching the re-run of "Inside Supercars", at least FOX Sports have the sense to pitch Phelps as a gossip-monger rather than an expert source.
The main reason he is there is because Fox Sports has some sort of a deal or relationship with the Daily Telegraph where they (Daily Telegraph) often get plugs across shows (e.g; Monday Night with Matty Johns, Matty Johns: Big Weekend, Inside Supercars, to name a few) and most of the news stories on the Fox Sports News website are literally recycled from the Daily Telegraph. Unfortunately, Inside Supercars has to deal with Phelps and his 'exclusive' stories that are almost always reported on by other Motorsport news outlets, like Speedcafe, before the show goes to air. If they didn't have to have him on the show, I'm sure they'd either extend their track analysis or their in-depth interviews, which are absolutely terrific.

This is a tad off topic. But does anyone thinl maybe a 'retro' livery for Bathurst could be the 2005 winner. I mean, i just realised that it is the 10th anniversary and it was a pretty big deal for the team.

Mark Dutton will return as Jamie Whincup's race engineer to try and bring Whincup back into contention:

http://m.speedcafe.com/2015/07/09/engineer-switch-to-reignite-whincups-title-hopes/

Unconfirmed reports that Roland Dane is looking for some new specious penalties - like drinking out of a shoe being a public health violation - to also bring Whincup back into contention.

Meanwhile, I can neither confirm nor deny that I have been approached to replace James Phelps as a reporter given my abilities in making stuff up, rehashing old content and pretending that I don't have an obvious agenda.

Unconfirmed reports that Roland Dane is looking for some new specious penalties - like drinking out of a shoe being a public health violation - to also bring Whincup back into contention.

Meanwhile, I can neither confirm nor deny that I have been approached to replace James Phelps as a reporter given my abilities in making stuff up, rehashing old content and pretending that I don't have an obvious agenda.
:lol:

Regarding the Whincup news, I think this just shows how much Whincup is their 'protected golden child' at Red Bull as I cannot remember RBRA doing this for Lowndes at all last year when he was really struggling. But it's just for one race, then he has Ludo Lacroix back as his engineer. Gotta feel for Cauchi though, I highly doubt it's just to 'take the pressure off'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back