• Nismo and Erebus

Votes: 6 1.0%
  • Volvo

Votes: 43 7.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
nzv8-e1435024377417.png

http://www.speedcafe.com/2015/06/23/msnz-announces-premier-racing-series-calendar/

Motor Sport New Zealand has confirmed a nine-event 2015/16 Premier Racing Series calendar, featuring the now combined New Zealand Touring Cars category.

The calendar has been released following what has been hailed as an “historic day for the sport” last week, where representatives of the various categories met in Auckland and formed an organising committee.

The Series Organising Group consists of members from the Toyota Racing Series, the NZV8 and former V8SuperTourer groups, UDC V8 Utes, the Ssangyong Race Series, Tradezone GTRNZ, Enzed Central Muscle Cars and the Toyota Finance 86 Championship.

A MSNZ statement says that the group will “work with MSNZ and deliver stability and top level motorsport to rekindle both public and corporate interest.”

Individual calendars for the categories are yet to be confirmed and, as in previous years, will be spread across the Premier Racing events.

The Historic Racing Club will organise and promote the events, with the exception of the Pukekohe V8 Supercars meeting and New Zealand Grand Prix.

“This was an historic day for the sport with everyone together in a room working to build a better future for circuit motor racing in New Zealand,” said Rally New Zealand chairman Peter Johnston, who led the recent meeting between the category representatives.

“There was a great deal of goodwill and a lot of hard work had already been put in to bring the calendar together even before the meeting.

“We have some great categories racing at some great circuits and the job now is to turn them into the best events we can.

“There is some fine tuning to do and plenty more work, but we can now all move ahead together in the best interests of the sport.”

Frosty had around a 300 point lead by this round the last 3 seasons, 95 points will see him outside the top 10 come Bathurst,

He very well could be. PRA always manage to shoot themselves in the foot at some point. I was just commenting on how his points lead has increased after last weekend.

He very well could be. PRA always manage to shoot themselves in the foot at some point. I was just commenting on how his points lead has increased after last weekend.

I don't think its PRA, I thinks its Frosty goes into a freak out mode and stops fighting, Frosty had what 3 wins?? Qualifying outside the top 10?

Lowndes would have to commentate. A must. I dont want him down on pitlane doing Greg Murphy stuff. I want him in the box, calling the race, explaining how the driver would feel and what gear they'd be in.

I'm betting on "Bathurst rumoured to be a 1000km race this year".
Nope. Nope. Nope. The real money is on "You heard it here first, the next V8SC race is In Townsville". :lol:

Lowndes would have to commentate. A must. I dont want him down on pitlane doing Greg Murphy stuff. I want him in the box, calling the race, explaining how the driver would feel and what gear they'd be in.
It would be fantastic to see him in the box calling the action. And it was a nice piece Crompo did. Very insightful.

So in the midst of all that, what news did Phelps reveal?

Are you sure that wasn't just Rick Kelly?
Not much. Revealed that Reynolds sought for help from Skaife. Reynolds looks to be set for a contract extension at PRA, Fabian Coulthard is exploring options, and finally, PRA and Penske were seen leaving a meeting with V8SC powerbrokers. When asked about it (the meeting), PRA and Penske said it was about manufacturer support.

One of these days it'll break. :lol:

I think his voice was the thing breaking at the start there. Wow.

He was choking on his own words.

Rick Kelly will NOT become a commentator when his driving career is over. I'll make sure to take the ink out of the pens.

One observation about the Altima when Murphy was driving. It doesnt have a "factory" dash like the Commodore. Maybe that contributes to better vision. When they apply those upgrades, we'll see the best Bathurst 1000 yet.

He does a terrible job at gossiping. Now, had he said Reynolds goes under hypnosis before each race, THEN, we have some news.

Right. I got all of that, but I didn't think that it was news to anyone. I thought that there was some massive revelation that I somehow missed.
I guess he was trying to push the PRA & Penske meeting as major news, but it's not that big. He hasn't broke anything major since the Prototype V6 Twin-Turbo that would be debuted at Bathurst this year. It's better to scrap that segment till there is actually some proper news and do another technical segment with Crompo.

Check this out.
http://www.speedcafe.com/2015/06/26/britain-to-launch-aussie-v8-touring-car-series/
Britcar organisers plan to run a Holden Commodore-based V8 touring car series in Britain next year.

The operation, which currently promotes the popular Britcar Endurance Championship and Britcar 24 Hour race at Silverstone, has secured 22 cars previously used in the now defunct Middle East Supercar Championship.

The production-based VE model Holdens feature similar bodywork compared to their contemporary V8 Supercar models and are powered by 450 horsepower Chevrolet LSX engines.

The cars have sat in storage in Bahrain since the Middle East championship folded several years ago.

Britcar director James Tucker has been a long time admirer of V8 Supercars and sees this as a opportunity to offer British drivers and motor racing fans a taste of Australian styled motorsport.

The Britcar V8 Championship is currently talking to several popular UK circuits with a view to publishing a six round, 18 race calendar.

Tucker has offered an invite for any past or present V8 Supercars drivers to make a guest appearance in the series.

“I came across this lot of cars and we managed to secure them,” Tucker told Speedcafe.com.

“I’m looking at small circuits because of the visual experience, I think it will produce very tight racing especially if we keep the track short.

“I think generally it’s the most positive thing I’ve done over the last few years.

“If it doesn’t clash with anything I wouldn’t mind if one or two of the V8 boys from Australia would like to come over and have a guest drive and spend a weekend with us.”

Britcar is expected to officially launch the series in the coming weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back