Votes: 6 1.0%
  • Volvo

Votes: 43 7.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
New sponsor for Erebus:

tsv1.jpg

Watching Supercars Life. Reynolds in the gym and speaking about wanting to be harder. Good stuff.

If you just got Foxtel HD, they are showig highlights from Clipsal through to Tasmania from 1230am. Then, Australian GT Practice beginning at 710am.

Last edited:
Just finished watching the encore of Supercars Life and it was fantastic. The David Reynolds segments were great in getting an insight into just how serious Reynolds is taking V8SC now. The BJR/Fabian Coulthard segment was also fantastic, really shows just how hard that team works from week to week. And Fabian's partner, Becky, seems to be a cool character and actually gets the sport and the business side of it. And we should also commend Rick Kelly for being a man and after his and Fabian's collision in Race 2 at Darwin, went to see the team immediately after the race and apologise for his mistake and also went to see Fabian and apologise to him in person, instead of whinging about it on the TV Cameras.

Can't wait for the next episode!

Im glad it's on Fox. We've , issed out on so much behind the scenes stuff when it was on free to air. 7mate would have put to good use if they did sometjing like Supercars Life and Inside Supercars. Brad Jones letting the team know Dutton apologised for on camera remarks. I even like Tehan. Asking Reynolds about how he is going to win and saying what's going to happen on the night of the race he won :lol: . Real entertainment. Love it.

Before channel 7 stole it from channel 10 originally we did have a solid show in RPM and a part time good show in V8 superstars

Mind you, way back when, V8SC meant stuff all,

"Four Seat Road Car" So Coupes allowed, but they have to be a 2+2.

Basically everything is the same except the body configuration and engine. My opinion on engines:
  • Ford: Same TT V6 found in the new LM GT & DP car or stay V8. (if they stick around)
  • Holden: I would bet they stay V8.
  • Volvo: I'd love to see them develop a nice inline 5-cylinder to stay true to the brand.
  • Nissan: 3.0L TT V6, similar to the one used in the LMP1 car? Or keep the V8 since they put tons of $$ into it.
  • Merc: No idea to be honest. (if Betty doesn't change to something else)
As far as bodies.....who knows.

Volvo developed their engine fairly quickly But, they didnt have to worry about the chassis. GRM just fiddled with engine fitment is all. A new manufacturer is going have to get started like right now.

I swear BMW need to jump in this as far as engine supplier. I can almost see Kia joining before Hyundai. That is, if the N-division wants no involvement in this category.

Correction:

Meanwhile, the Formula 4 car is on-track in Townsville, and it looks pretty nifty.
If the television director happens to be teading this, I draw your attention to the entry list. There are thirteen cars entered in this weekend's event. Thirteen. Not one. Would it kill you to maybe show some of the others?

I'm not a fan. Formula Ford is still the better pathway, in my eyes.
All Formula 4 championships are on equal footing in the eyes of the FIA. In theory, it's possible for any winner of any local or regional series to quickly progress up the ranks of open-wheel racing. That's the problem with the likes of Formula Ford - it might be good for getting into series like V8 Supercars, but mid-tier open-wheel championships like Formula 3 and GP3 and Formula Renault 2.0 don't really recognise it.

Formula 4 is part of Jean Todt, Gerhard Berger and Stefano Domenicalli's master plan to make open-wheel racing accessible to young, under-funded drivers; the cost cap gives them a chance to shine and hopefully attract sponsors.

All Formula 4 championships are on equal footing in the eyes of the FIA. In theory, it's possible for any winner of any local or regional series to quickly progress up the ranks of open-wheel racing. That's the problem with the likes of Formula Ford - it might be good for getting into series like V8 Supercars, but mid-tier open-wheel championships like Formula 3 and GP3 and Formula Renault 2.0 don't really recognise it.

Formula 4 is part of Jean Todt, Gerhard Berger and Stefano Domenicalli's master plan to make open-wheel racing accessible to young, under-funded drivers; the cost cap gives them a chance to shine and hopefully attract sponsors.
As I said, to me, Formula Ford would still be my preferred pathway. But then again, I'm not interested in becoming the next Daniel Ricciardo, I'm more interested in a tin-top series like V8 Supercars or Australian GT.

If the television director happens to be teading this, I draw your attention to the entry list. There are thirteen cars entered in this weekend's event. Thirteen. Not one. Would it kill you to maybe show some of the others?
Reminds me of karting. Mick Doohan seems to forget that there are other karters out there other than his son.

As I said, to me, Formula Ford would still be my preferred pathway. But then again, I'm not interested in becoming the next Daniel Ricciardo, I'm more interested in a tin-top series like V8 Supercars or Australian GT.
Formula 4 is just as good for that as it is for a career in open-wheel cars.

Last edited:
Is it just me, or do the Gen2 regulations read like VESA are trying to encourage new manufacturers, but also trying to dissuade existing manufacturers from making the switch? To my mind, it's much easier to stick with the current machinery than it is to develop something new. I imagine Ford and Erebus might be the exception since there are question marks over their future, but I think VESA have really worked to keep as much of the existing formula intact as possible. I strongly suspect that they're trying to keep the Nissan GT-R out of it for fear that it will dominate given its success elsewhere, and if so, I can't say I disapprove - I can't stand the GT-R.

The current GT-R is nearing the end of its life anyway, highly doubt they'll use it here.

Edit: SuperView streaming times for the USA:
  • Quali Race 16 - 8:08pm PDT Friday (11:08pm EDT Saturday)
  • Race 16 - 10:48pm PDT Friday (1:48am EDT Sunday)
  • Quali Race 17 - 5:33pm PDT Saturday (8:33pm EDT Saturday)
  • Top 10 S/O - 8:23pm PDT Saturday (11:23pm EDT Saturday)
  • Race 17 - 10:48pm PDT Saturday (1:45am EDT Sunday)
Speaking of top 10 shootouts, I really miss having more of these.

Last edited:
Right now, the FG-X is dominating so to speak. The S60 was great last year but, as has been pointed out, everyone else has stepped up. "Sounds" more like the rules want to keep the "sounds" of V8s in Supercars. They made clear a V6 could sound just as loud as the cureent V8. The chassis will be the same. Only set ups and small differences in aero and getting to make the hard and soft tyres work seem to be the keys to winning. Especially qualifying. A GT-R wouldnt have an advantage unless it pulled better than that Nissan V8 with better aero.

If they want sound let Nissan Slap on the 2L I4 Turbo engine they use on their GT500 nissans, they make roughly similar power to what we have in V8s already.

Missed the last practice session this morning but did yet another engine let go in McLaughlin's car? :crazy:

Missed the last practice session this morning but did yet another engine let go in McLaughlin's car? :crazy:
It was a valve spring that let go. Which is slightly better news since it's not the same problem they've been having. They've changed the engine as a precautionary reason.

Aus GT out on track. Man, I love Chris Mies/Greg Crick's Audi R8 Ultra. Those green headlights.... :drool:

It really grinds my gears, the way some of these commentators/presenters pronounce 'Mercedes'. :ouch:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back