VC and SA Superjumps--instructions, pics, & discussion

• Thread starter Spuds725
  • 331 comments
i have only done it about 5 or 6 times.. i fall off as soon as we (the bike and i) pop up.. i dont hit anything that i know of other than the plane.. i have been shot almost straight up, and over to those silo thingies was the farthest.. tragectory is fairly high, i wish i could stay on the bike so i could get some stats to see how good it is, due to my lack of superjump knowledge (other than watching a few videos) i dont really know.

bringing them to verdant meadows is a good idea.. the only spot that i know of where a pcj spawns :)

i have only successfully done it with a sanchez, i have tried a couple times with an nrg from the bike school but it has only blown up.

I tried going back to the valet mission-- thats the only time I saw a clothes icon outside and was unable to morph to a bike there-- I didn't give it alot of tries though-- I might try it again sometime.

Other then that, maybe there is a bike morph cheat.

Maybe you can stay on a different bike better-- try the PCJ.

I'll definitely give this a go in the morning-- I'll tape my game and if I get anything good, I'll post a clip.

Perhaps one of the other VC superjumpers will give it a go some time tonight.

Spuds.

Spuds725
I tried going back to the valet mission-- thats the only time I saw a clothes icon outside and was unable to morph to a bike there-- I didn't give it alot of tries though-- I might try it again sometime.

yeah, i tried the same thing, i remember getting excited about it (my girlfriend liked doing stunts with the morph glitch too :))

Maybe you can stay on a different bike better-- try the PCJ.

yeah, i'm gonna try this ina few minutes

I'll definitely give this a go in the morning-- I'll tape my game and if I get anything good, I'll post a clip.

if i can find something that'll work as a tripod while i play i'll try and make a video if i get anything interesting..

neither the garage or the hanger will open at verdant meadows..

Someone posted video at GameFaqs, it's freakin awesome....(use same link I provided) :lol: It would be better if there was a morph of some sort. CJ falls of the bike and didn't pull the chute in time.

so far i haven't been able to get it to work at all in any spot except the original (next to the shack with the rifle) with any bike other than the sanchez.. i have tried nrg-500, pcj-600, fcr-900, quad bike, kart, mower..

with the other motorcycles (Besides the sanchez) it just blows up, i can't get it to do anything else.. with the 4-wheeled vehicles it doesn't really do anything.. the plane will lift into the air and just stay there (like the screenshots i took yesterday)

its pretty easy to do at the original spot though.. the bike and i are teleported high up, sometimes the bike will be travelling with higher horizontal speed and some times we'll travelling relatively the same speed.... a lot of times shortly after we are 'teleported' up, it appears we're falling through some kind of hell (i guess blue hell) then just end up at some random spot, sometimes close, some times pretty far..

edit: this was odd, was on the sanchez trying to ram myself into a tanker (trailer that hauls liquids).. i got underneath it, right by the wheels.. paused for a second, and the tanker bounced up in the air and fliped over a couple times, then landed about 20 feet away.

If I'm hearing you right, you are being thrown from the bike immediately but flying with the bike through the air or gray hell---thats odd-- can't wait to mess with this.

If you are blowing up with every bike but the sanchez, have you tried doing the sanchez with the hydra--- I'll try this out tomorrow-- perhaps it was my PCJ blowing up when I tried it with the hydra the other day.....

Thanks for all your info....I'm supposed to sleep during the day tommorrow, hopefully this isn't too addictive-- I gotta work sunday night also....

Spuds.

just tried the sanchez on the hydra.. i flew a hydra to the quarry and landed down by the dirt bike.. after about 10 seconds of wiggling around underneath it, i fell straight down for 3-5 seconds.. i saw the bike while i was falling (dont think it was spinning or anything) then promptly appeared next to the hydra with no sanchez to be found..

You are gonna love this one, I actually read the description before and never noticed what the last line said---you guys all know I am fully against cheating but I will make an exception for superjumping-- here ya go Integra :D

Full Weapon Aiming While Driving
UP, UP, SQUARE, L2, RIGHT, X, R1, DOWN, R2, CIRCLE
This is so cool! You can aim and shoot anywhere with the right stick while you're driving, just like your homies do when you're doing a gang drive-by. CJ even hangs out the window to shoot over the roof. Use L2 and R2 to drive slowly. As a bonus, if you drive a motorcycle, you can't fall off!

Ahhh, very good, I never read that anywhere. Have you tried superjumping with it yet?

Blake

Blake
Ahhh, very good, I never read that anywhere. Have you tried superjumping with it yet?

Blake

Still at work :( -- about 3 more hours till I can give it a try-- If I get even a lame one I'll post a clip though. I have no idea if that cheat works but it came from a reliable source so it should.

Spuds

superjumping eh, the one thing i have never done in the GTA games, sounds fun, but how hard is it and is it frustrating??

Blake
Looking forward to it 👍. Also, what's with the avatar?

Blake

I like this one better then my old one-- I've been using this one at GTA forums for a while and finally brought it here.

As far as superjumping-- some are hard and some are easy-- the VC packer one is easiest IMO.... I was never showed how-- was told "all you do is shove a pcj under a packer" and it took me about 5 minutes to figure it out.

The crop duster one sounds pretty easy (similar to the packer one)-- hopefully that cheat will keep CJ on the bike--- If anyone does this I recommend either not saving or setting aside one save slot for this superjump.

I'd rate PHil's place as medium and light house as hard.

GTA3 superjump is easy but there is alot of luck involved-- easy to get, hard to get a good one though.

Its a little frustrating doing VC superjumps when you are getting good ones but being shot out to sea-- or just short of starfish island-- or blowing up. But the first time you get a good one is awesome.

I'm not kidding when I say they are addicting-- when I first started doing them, I did nothing else in VC for about 2 weeks--- Thats pretty much how acidman pulled away from me in our killing contest and I never could recover.

I have yet to pull off a 'super' jump in Vice City , but that one in San Andreas works pretty much all the time. I just haven't "jumped" enough to figure out what the game likes. What it really needs is a morph glitch like Vice City had.

gnomefromnome
I have yet to pull off a 'super' jump in Vice City , but that one in San Andreas works pretty much all the time. I just haven't "jumped" enough to figure out what the game likes. What it really needs is a morph glitch like Vice City had.

Read my post on the previous page-- that cheat makes CJ "stick" to the bike-- I just got my first one-- was lame for a superjump but got stats....

Its more of a teleport jump from what I can tell

Distance 43 feet, Height 3 feet, Flips 4, rotation 3971 degrees-- I'm uploading it as I write this, give me a minute, I'm on dialup.

Spuds

**edit**

Here ya go

http://www.freewebs.com/spuds725/SA_SJ1.wmv --its pretty short and about 750 KB

Couple of wimpy ones and then got a pretty good one, not sure how I got stats for it, I was spinning like crazy and ended up landing in the water-- stats were flashing as I was still spinning.

Distance 93 ft, height 99ft, flips 12, rotation 2535.

I gotta go to bed now-- good luck everyone-- I did blow up the plane a few times-- you will have to hit triangle twice to exit the bike with that cheat on-- the first one demorphs, the 2nd one exits.

ALso, I wouldn't save with that cheat on-- I don't think you can turn it off and you can't change your view with it on....

SPuds.

Great job spuds 👍 works pretty good.. so far have done it a couple times getting over 4000 every time..

edit:
i just noticed that you had 12 flips.. i haven't been getting any flips, or much height at all .. last 2 were

236ft distance 13ft height 0 flips 4262 degrees

49ft distance 0ft height 0 flips 3566 degrees

also this a very cool cheat code.. things like this should be included in the game, perhaps as a reward for 100% or for the unique jumps or all gold in all schools?

edit again:

well, got kinda under the wing abit and spun really really fast for about 10-15 seconds, then i'm just standing there with no bike on the farm..

I haven't had luck behind the wing-- just sort of driving toward the engine in front--then *boom* teleport--sometimes spinning like crazy sometimes not---

I'm uploading that second good jump-- I don't know how I got the stats unless the first 12 flips were instantaneous-- as you can see the jump stats were coming up as I was spinning rapidly and falling to the water.

Seymour--- let us know if your jumps were more like these teleporting or were you flung from the rock---

Teleport jumps rarely have any lateral momentum-- gimme a few for this second vid to finish uploading-- this ones about 1800 kbs-- a bit longer.

Integra-- if you do end up uploading some vids-- if your file sizes are big and you need to compress them, lemme know-- I know of a good program--works on AVI's for sure, don't know about other programs-- converts them to WMV's without a substantial loss of quality.

Spuds

***EDIT***
Here ya go-- http://www.freewebs.com/spuds725/SA_SJ2.wmv

Spuds725
I haven't had luck behind the wing-- just sort of driving toward the engine in front--then *boom* teleport--sometimes spinning like crazy sometimes not---

i usually drive along the wing from the edge toward the engine, sometimes it glitches in the middle of the wing, sometimes closer to the engine.. when i was trying to do it before the morph cheat i drove completely under it and i think (not completely sure on this, will test it tonight) those were the ones where i was sent a lot higher and farther..

Integra-- if you do end up uploading some vids-- if your file sizes are big and you need to compress them, lemme know-- I know of a good program--works on AVI's for sure, don't know about other programs-- converts them to WMV's without a substantial loss of quality.

i probably will end up making some.. my camera produces AVIs, so i'm sure your program will work, what's it called?

edit:
also i remember doing the glitch before on a blown up plane.. this way there's no risk of it blowing you up.

It works good and it's surprsingly made by microsoft-- a program that actually made well.

Microsoft media encoder--- I think its 9.0

When you open it up, it will ask you what you want to do:

Select convert file for download--

The next page asks you for video and audio settings-- depending on which one you select, will resize your video--

For video I normally select DVD quality CBR.

For audio I select CD quality, CBR-- audio settings do affect file size-- the highest quality makes the file size significantly bigger.

This gives the best combination of small file size but decent size and quality.

Somewhere in there it will ask you for filename-- it will default to the original name with a -1 after it.

Select ok and it will take about a minute or two to convert it over-- depending on the length of the clip.

On my camera, this will normally take a 30 second, 20+ MB clip and reduce it down to under 4 MB without a decrease in quality. If you select the lowest vid and audio quality, it will take it down under 1 MB.

I only got one more decent jump-- but didn't record it-- it was about 5000 degree rotation.

Also, I noticed if you die that that cheat goes off-- so you probably can save it but do so at your own risk.

Spuds

i tryed the cropduster superjump with sanches and i flew very high id say around 100+metres and went about 50metres distance, but i was dismounted from my bike as soon as i took off.

I pulled my parachute but it was a dud one :(.

i go under the wing about in the middle (heading towards the back of the plane) and then it just shot me up, my bike went crazy spinning everywhere.

Small_Fryz
i tryed the cropduster superjump with sanches and i flew very high id say around 100+metres and went about 50metres distance, but i was dismounted from my bike as soon as i took off.

I pulled my parachute but it was a dud one :(.

i go under the wing about in the middle (heading towards the back of the plane) and then it just shot me up, my bike went crazy spinning everywhere.

YOu gotta use this cheat if you want to stay on your bike-- I don't think CJ will stay on without it.

Full Weapon Aiming While Driving
UP, UP, SQUARE, L2, RIGHT, X, R1, DOWN, R2, CIRCLE
This is so cool! You can aim and shoot anywhere with the right stick while you're driving, just like your homies do when you're doing a gang drive-by. CJ even hangs out the window to shoot over the roof. Use L2 and R2 to drive slowly. As a bonus, if you drive a motorcycle, you can't fall off!

Spuds

got over 10,000 degrees woo hoo! :D

edit: have now gotten over 10,000 degrees 3 times in a row.. and it definetly works with a bf-400.. i have yet to get it to work at verdant meadows or the spot just north of the quarry

I'm interested in distance/height jumps-- has anybody gotten any decent jump stats in those categories yet.

Also, apparently that cheat can be turned off-- you need to enter it, exit the bike and get on again-- I have not verified this.

I shared this over at GTA forums and someone pointed that out-- a couple people have done them there too.

Thanks for hosting those vids Integra 👍

SPuds

Nice discovery (the cropduster thing). Just thought I'd post. I've not had any really good jumps from the cropduster, and I've had no luck at all with the quadbike on Mt Chilliad.

I had been experimenting with spawning tanks half embedded in things and got 2 decent jumps, 1 with about 12000 rotation and the other which landed in the sea (which was a pity as it was huge). Unfortuantely it doesn't seem to be too reproducable (the 2 jumps I got were out of about 6 hours of trying).

Anyway, as we now have a proper bike morph, hopefully we'll find another good jump spot.

Seymour is the only one to get the chilliad jump (as far as I know)-- I've spent about 4 hours trying that one.... :banghead:

Hopefully we will find an urban jump-- there is something about flying over buildings thats just cool.

Maybe it would be possible to fly the cropduster and try the superjump somewhere else. 💡 I'd give it a try, but I'm posting from work.

So far I've gotten around 4500 degrees rotation. I always landed down by the farm.

for distanced the most i have had is about 200-300 ft.. best height was 45 or 46 meters.. have yet to get any flips..

edit: works with the bike too (haven't tried mountain bike or bmx)

Back