VC and SA Superjumps--instructions, pics, & discussion

• Thread starter Spuds725
  • 331 comments
I've gotten 2 almost identical jumps through grey hell-- both were over 10,000 degrees-- and both landed on the road that goes along the water just north of the airport-- one was 3 flips, the other 4 flips-- and one was 583 feet, the other 603 feet (they appeared to land in the same place though)

I had another one through grey hell in which the bike did not make it-- I just landed on the ground, next to the fence (runway side) at the SF airport on the south side of the round driving loop--- No stats :(

I don't know if it was a coincidence or not but I think this might help get the grey hell jumps (I did this both times)-- go to the outer end of the right wing and try driving under it-- get the right side of the plane to stick up in the air-- then just edge along the wing slowly toward the engine--- on the last one I heard the plane blow up as I was spinning....seems to give you longer air time and therefore higher spin-- don't know whats causing the extra distance (not that I'm complaining).

Spuds.

this has happened to me quite a few times. but i have never ended up at the airport.... if i go through the grey hell or whatever i usually end up in 1 of 2 spots.. the road north of the spot (with stats still have bike) and to the west next to the fence by the farm (without stats and without the bike)

the most distance i have gotten was 606 ft but it didn't seem worth taking a screenshot of.. most flips i've gotten is 2 or 3

there are quite a few spots on the plane that will cause this glitch to happen.

1) 'under' the engine (sometimes will cause the plane to blow up)
2) about halfway along the front side of the wing (like the video, seems to work better on the passenger side)
3) the side of the wing (you have resistance while driving through this spot, but you dont seem to be touching the plane, also seems to work better from the passenger side)
4) if you reverse into the back of the wing, toward the middle (haven't done this one the driver side wing)
5) the tail wing. not sure how this one works exactly as i have only done it a few times by accident

methods 1 and 2 seem to work the best (aside from the fact that sometimes the plane will blow up with the 1st one... these are also the only two spots that i have gone through the grey hell

I went ahead and put the instructions on how to accomplish the Crop Duster Super jump in San Andreas in the first post of this thread--

I'm gonna have Jimmy either merge the two threads or lock the other Superjump thread since they are kind of redundant.

Spuds

I just found a teleport at the airport at San Fierro. It's not a jump but it's the same concept as the cropduster superjump. I was fooling around with a sanchez at the airport, went inside the hanger where the Dodo and the Rustler I think it's called is parked. Anyway I accidently scraped the back of the wing of the Rustler and teleported directly above on top of the hangar (no pics yet, that's what I'm going to try next).

So I jumped off the hangar and tried to teleport again. This time I scraped in on the front of the wing, and got underneath the hangar (got the pics this time). At first, CJ looked like he was falling for a second or two, then he landed in water underneath the hangar. :ouch: I started swimming thinking it's going to be a while before I reach the the actual water, but then appeared back on the airport. I went to save because I just finished a mission. Here's three pics that I took-

Edit. OKay, it wasn't on the wing, I scraped along side the fuselage on the left side, then I teleported to the top of the hangar. :) Here's some pics on top of the Hangar - :crazy:

I'm not sure if you actually teleported or just fell through the ground and into grey hell-- there might be something screwy with vehicle spawn points that are causing these glitches...... interesting info .... 👍

The first pics was into grey hell for sure. The second pics, I think, is a teleport because the sanchez went along for the ride. When I was trying to get on top of the hangar again, the bike and CJ didn't make it to the top, but seemed to fall from the ceiling by the wall. :crazy: Anyway, here's some by-products of todays results -

I only said that you weren't teleported because you didn't seem to move in any direction (other then vertically)-- or perhaps I didn't understand you right-- I suppose you were teleported vertically...

You can enter grey hell near the bike school on foot or on a bike--from bikes school head west-- just up the road is a curved wall next to an entrance, go behind this wall on the left side (as you enter) and where the curved section meets the straight section you can walk into this wall or ride the bike to enter grey hell (the bike is a tight fit)-- you will just fall from the sky and land in front of this wall-- since CJ didn't travel in any direction-- I did not consider that a teleport...

IntegraGS-R
this has happened to me quite a few times. but i have never ended up at the airport.... if i go through the grey hell or whatever i usually end up in 1 of 2 spots.. the road north of the spot (with stats still have bike) and to the west next to the fence by the farm (without stats and without the bike)

Most of my grey hell jumps end in those 2 spots too-- the one where I ended up at the airport without my bike was the only one that didn't that I can remember-- would have been decent distance if the bike had made it.

I tried experimenting with the Stuntplane and the Hydra on top of Mt. Chilliad (as you can spawn them) and to my surprise :eek: I got a teleport jump from the Hydra(I was using a Sanchez).

Double Insane $897
D: 533.74m / 1751 ft
H: 0
F: 0
R: 3535°

I've also been having a look around Las Venturas for a decent ground based jump point, and I thought I had found one, except it doesn't really generate any spin. It is very similar to the plane jumps as you are just teleported. Ah well, must keep looking.

i flew a crop duster to chiliad and used the mountain bike.. i was able to do the glitch over the side of the mountain, but the mountain bike doesn't spin very much (very little momentum, i guess).. plus its annoying to drive all the way back to get another crop duster EVERYTIME...

Rimjaw
I tried experimenting with the Stuntplane and the Hydra on top of Mt. Chilliad (as you can spawn them) and to my surprise :eek: I got a teleport jump from the Hydra(I was using a Sanchez).

Double Insane $897
D: 533.74m / 1751 ft
H: 0
F: 0
R: 3535°

I've also been having a look around Las Venturas for a decent ground based jump point, and I thought I had found one, except it doesn't really generate any spin. It is very similar to the plane jumps as you are just teleported. Ah well, must keep looking.

There goes my theory-- I was thinking the teleport was possibly being caused by the spawn points for the aircraft-- you should be able to get a good spin eventually up there (the airtime should be unmatched)--

I tried jamming a PCJ under the hydra several weeks ago-- just kept gettting blown up-- I thought I was possibly superjumping/blowing up simultaneously-- I definitely was not teleporting.

When you fly into an unlocked sity ,some sort of plane is chasing you down.Now,my friend says he has stolen that plane in the third sity but I can't find it.Is this try??

BTW, what is the Hydra???

Pink_the_Floyd
When you fly into an unlocked sity ,some sort of plane is chasing you down.Now,my friend says he has stolen that plane in the third sity but I can't find it.Is this try??

BTW, what is the Hydra???

This really belongs in the General San Andreas thread , but the plane that chases you is the Hydra. It's a Harrier jump jet by the way. If you can find the cheat for it, you can spawn one.

Spawn Hydra - Triangle, Triangle, Circle, Square, X, L1, L1, Down, Up

I've been trying to re-create the teleport jump that I got.

So far I've managed to get two jumps that went through Mt. Chilliad, but no teleports. I've been spawning the Hydra near to the Armour pickup(the armour should be kinda behind the right wing).

I have found that if you drive into the missile closest to the fusilage on the right wing (from behind the wing) that usually generates a teleport (sometimes down the mountain, sometimes through it).

So far I've only tried the Sanchez and the FCR900, but it seems to work with both.

Here are the stats for the two "grey hell" jumps

Double Insane $1663
D: 351.32m
H: 0.39m
R: 10369°

Double Insane $1721
D: 347.33m
H: 0.54m
R: 10902°

Both re-appeared on the big green patch due east of the mountain top.

Push forward on the right analogue stick to point the trusters horizontally, then it will go very fast :rolleyes:. From now on please keep it in the General Discussion thread.

Blake

Rimjaw
Spawn Hydra - Triangle, Triangle, Circle, Square, X, L1, L1, Down, Up

This should be

Spawn Hydra - Triangle, Triangle, Square, Circle, X, L1, L1, Down, Up

Spuds

**EDIT**

Well I came on to post a superjump distance record but I didn't think it was a new #1, so I didn't get a screenie of it-- I also didn't save it--so I can't show proof.

Superjump distance 501.7 meters (1646 feet)--

this was done using a Sanchez on top of Chilliad and a Hydra-- the ones up there are weird-- you teleport usually into the mountain and fall, fall, fall inside the mountain--when you reach ground level it teleports you out of the mountain--- I had one land at the construction area to the east of Chilliad and another on the road west of chilliad-- I had a different jump that landed me twice on the course you do for the 3rd chilliad bike race (near the natural bridge/tunnel)

I'll get another sometime and take a screenie of it for the recordbook--shouldn't take too long to get a similar one-- I did get killed once on about 8 attempts....got blown up.

I also did a couple at the crop duster hill site and had another one send me to the airport near the loop again-- unfortunately my bike disappeared again.

Spuds

Just wanted to say hi. I'm just checking out this place for the first time.

I'm still not exactly satisfied in calling these superjumps yet, since they're done off of Mt. Chiliad, which is kind of helping alot.

But I definitely want to see the hunt for superjumps continue, and will report back if I find anything.

ribbit
Just wanted to say hi. I'm just checking out this place for the first time.

I'm still not exactly satisfied in calling these superjumps yet, since they're done off of Mt. Chiliad, which is kind of helping alot.

But I definitely want to see the hunt for superjumps continue, and will report back if I find anything.

They're not really superjumps. They're teleport jumps. The first teleport jump wasn't even on Mt Chiliad, it was on the mountain where the cropduster spawns near San Fierro. I did a teleport at the San Fierro airport with the Rustler, but it wasn't a jump, just teleported CJ and the sanchez above to the top of the hangar. I also tried with the other planes, and only managed to teleport a few feet away, and losing the sanchez in the process.

I'm reasonably certain that Seymours jumps were actually superjumps off Chiliad (206 flips) and how he described they occured leads me to believe his were actually superjumps-- Unfortunately he only got about 3 or 4 of them...i don't think anyone else got a succesful one (vice teleport jumps) and even he had trouble getting more--

Even if thes are teleport jumps, so what?? my best superjump was a teleport in VC 40,000 decrees, and 496 meter height on the bounce....

You can get decent stats in SA on them and I'm confident another traditional superjump location can be found. My best SA jumps were not off Chilliad (I got a good distance one up there but thats it)-- I've had much better rotation and flips off the crop duster hill.

Spuds

i found a new one, didn't experiment much, but it appears to be similar to the others.. north of LS in the "high class" area of town there is a house whose porch looks kinda like this..

|
| <--house
|
|______ <--porch
| /
| / <-- ground
|/
/

the ground is much less steep, but you get the idea... you wedge yourself up under there and you are teleported out (haven't tried it with the cheat to stay on the bike) but it behaved the same as before.. only did it once or twice before i lost my bike... if anyone has trouble finding it i'll make a video or something (if i can find it again, think i put the red marker on it, pretty sure i did)

Hi everyone. My first time to this thread, but somebody from gamefaqs suggested I post this. I found it about 2 hours ago.

I'm not positive it can lead to a good superjump, but I'm still trying.

I'll post some rapid share links simply because it's the most reliable thing right now.

My teleportation/superjump (not sure yet)

http://rapidshare.de/files/954238/GTASA_Superjump_or_teleportation.wmv.html

More superjumpy-glitchiness in the same location

http://rapidshare.de/files/955353/stretchiness_and_thru_gray_hell.wmv.html

I can do TGA links if you'd like. BTW, is this place linked with another forum site? I was already registered here but I don't remember doing it.

thx

I didn't have time to check out the other vid but that sure looked like a teleport one-- good distance anyway-- did you try with the aim while driving cheat and see if you got a spin or anything--

Did it teleport you the same distance (way out to sea like that) each time??

I'll need to experiment with this-- I might not have time for a few days (or a week) though.

I haven't checked my superjump thread at GTAforums in a week or so...sorry if you posted there first.

Maybe integra can experiment if he sees this....

Spuds

I'm still confused on whether this place is linked with gtaforums or not.

Anyway, here is a vid where I entered the full aiming cheat while on a bicycle.

I got two gray hell jumps. Both with rotation, but weak rotation. One jump has the stats.

TGA link:

http://www.thegamersalliance.com/dynamic.php?file=2_more_gray_hell_jumps_-_one_with_stats.zip

Rapidshare link:

http://rapidshare.de/files/956278/2_more_gray_hell_jumps_-_one_with_stats.wmv.html

EDIT* A video with 5 more 'jumps' through the underworld

TGA link:

http://www.thegamersalliance.com/dynamic.php?file=5_more_\\\'underworld\\\'_jumps.zip

Rapidshare link:

http://rapidshare.de/files/957153/5_more__underworld__jumps.wmv.html

ribbit
I'm still confused on whether this place is linked with gtaforums or not.

Anyway, here is a vid where I entered the full aiming cheat while on a bicycle.

I got two gray hell jumps. Both with rotation, but weak rotation. One jump has the stats.

TGA link:

http://www.thegamersalliance.com/dynamic.php?file=2_more_gray_hell_jumps_-_one_with_stats.zip

Rapidshare link:

http://rapidshare.de/files/956278/2_more_gray_hell_jumps_-_one_with_stats.wmv.html

EDIT* A video with 5 more 'jumps' through the underworld

TGA link:

http://www.thegamersalliance.com/dynamic.php?file=5_more_\\\'underworld\\\'_jumps.zip

Rapidshare link:

http://rapidshare.de/files/957153/5_more__underworld__jumps.wmv.html

This site is not affiliated-- me and a few other regulars are members at both sites-- I happen to be a ledby for the VC section.

will take a bit to download the vids. I will list this in both superjump threads (here and there if it proves to be a repeatable jump)-- and will give you credit, if you discovered it--did you or someone else discover this??

Back