Venom F5 - Hennessey's Next Supercar

I guess now we get to see whether Hennessey or SSC manage to get their respective car out first to make that grab at the top speed record. Anyone care to bet on who and how soon?

I guess now we get to see whether Hennessey or SSC manage to get their respective car out first to make that grab at the top speed record. Anyone care to bet on who and how soon?

Hennessey and SSC will get into a shouting contest about which car is faster while not doing anything, while Koenigsegg unveils their new car and breaks their own record

Let's see, im gonna say SSC might be the first considering they were the first manufacturer to top Bugattis speed record back in like 2009 and it will probably top something like 302mph...then a couple months later Hennessey will shatter that topping like 306...then a few months later either Koenigsegg or some other speed demon challenger will jump on board and also unveil their 300+ mph beast with like 1800-2000hp. Just wait and see.

No contest.

I win big in the lottery, open my own supercar company, create something stupid as hell, I beat the record.

Oh hey, it's finally A Thing That Exists now. Y'know, for as horrible as this year has been, we've certainly had no shortage of absurdly mega-powered hypercars reaching production.

The Venom F5 is very cool looking, a nice blend of Mclaren esque with a touch Lotus cues and a sprinkle of V8 American Muscle power!

Why am I reminded of the XJ220 when I see this car? Maybe it's the colour.
1066832-1536.jpg

He managed to find enough people to afford to build a prototype?

A sucker is easily parted with his money.

What's harder is convincing people a second time after you've ripped them off, or swindled them like John has Viper owners and any other car he has had his grubby hands on for years.

1817 HP. Where is it going to end? How much torque does it have?

I actually like the interior. It is not just a car but also a shooter game. Look at the steering wheel (firing buttons on top of it) and the digital screen behind the steering wheel. :D

Last edited:
Oh another one. Funny the XJ220 has 3x less HP than the whatever car this thread is about but it's about sixteen-billion times more interesting to me.

90's super cars just have so much more character. And don't all look the same.

Hennessey Venom F5 Revolution, a track focused version of the Venom F5

hennessey-venom-f5-revolution.jpg

Hennessey’s Venom F5 family is welcoming a third to the garage. The Venom F5 Revolution breaks cover today, a track-focused version Hennessey re-engineered for more downforce and improved handling.

Powering the new track-focused Venom F5 is Hennessey’s twin-turbocharged 6.6-liter “Fury” V8 engine, calibrated for competitive use. It produces the same 1,817 horsepower (1,355 kilowatts) and 1,193 pound-feet (1,617 Newton-meters) of torque as the rest of the fam. However, while the Revolution offers the same output as its road-focused siblings, it is the lightest of the bunch, weighing under 3,000 pounds (1,360 kilograms).

Hennessey made most of the changes to the car’s aerodynamics and suspension. A large, adjustable full-width rear wing with endplates helped the automaker increase the car’s downforce, delivering more than 800 lbs (362 kg) at 186 miles per hour (300 kilometers per hour). That figure rises to 1,400 lbs (635 kg) of downforce at 249 mph (400 kph). Power routes to the rear wheels through an automated single-clutch gearbox.

Hennessey installed a larger front carbon-fiber splitter to prevent air from flowing under the car. A rear diffuser helps channel any air that does make its way underneath. Dive planes in front of the wheels of the front fascia help add grip to improve turn-in, while a roof-mounted intake scoop feeds air to the engine bay.

The car features a double-wishbone suspension Hennessey customized with more aggressive alignment settings. The company also fitted it with adjustable dampers that allow trackside calibration with simple tools. New, larger alloy wheels provide a larger contact patch, which enhances the car’s cornering and stopping capabilities.

Hennessey will offer the F5 Revolution with an onboard track telemetry system, allowing for real-time monitoring. It tracks lap time, splits, cornering G-forces, and other information. The car will make its global public debut in a week at the Miami Motorcar Cavalcade Concours d’Elegance on January 15. Hennessey plans to produce just 24 units for the world, with each starting at $2.7 million. According to the company, many are already sold, with only a handful remaining, so if you want one, act fast.

A track version is much more interesting than the top speed chaser, although those downforce numbers sound a bit weak for a car with almost 2000 HP.

Converting to relative downforce, which is not dependent on speed, this car has a rating of 2.3. This is about twice as good as a low end sports car that might produce 100 lbs of downforce at 100 mph (a rating of 1). While that makes the Venom better than a Porsche 918 (1.9) according to a quick Googling, that car is half as powerful. For comparison the Viper ACR manages a 5.3. However, the Venom being under 3000 lbs does mean every point of downforce is worth more than 1 on a Viper, and a lot more than 1 on the Porsche.

I'm surprised that there is no active aero, I'd think it a necessity for a track focused road car that still wants to hit 250+ mph.

Back