Version 1.02

• Thread starter VINCE__
  • 90 comments
Gotta get up at 10am instead of 11am today, it seems.

Lol, life's a drag ain't it.
The fps issue seems to be gone. The GFX still stink, and the AI are now equal!!
I don't know anything about the 11/11 thing so I will let someone else be the judge of that.
Over all it seems to be a pretty good improvement.

IMO the AI cars looked better in 2010. They just seemed more detailed and sharper. They were nice to look at as you raced them. The cars in 2011 look pixelated etc. No 32 mb patch was ever going to fix that. However, the FPS has improved enough on the PS3 to where "I" don't get a splitting headache or get sick anymore. I can actually race and the Frame Rate seems better. Enough for me at least. I'm curious how they accomplished that. With a decent frame rate it's easier to driver smooth consistently. :)

Just gave it a go in Monaco and well...same frame rate drops as before. The improvements are hardly noticeable, if at all.

Edit: have to say, it is clearly visible in Malaysia and Australia for example. Yet, I could hardly keep my car on the track in Australia, my favourite track. Barely made it to pole position, been 2 seconds slower than my lap record. Anyone else noticed issues in Australia?

Last edited:
Seems like the patch has introduced a new bug. In practice, after every pitstop, the next set of unused tires of the current type will be fitted, even if you select the used set. I have only played practice 1 so far but this will affect practice 3 the most, as it will start putting wear on all the new sets you are saving for qualifying and race.

tires look seems fixed and more detail in drivers gloves, abu dhabi a little better. Also, default physics settings seem to have less boat sway when turning.

tires look seems fixed and more detail in drivers gloves, abu dhabi a little better. Also, default physics settings seem to have less boat sway when turning.

Physics are driving me crazy in Australia, tho. Yet, great to see that the AI drivers can finally keep up - 0.8 seconds faster than P2 in Malaysia, compared to ~2 seconds before the patch. However, P2 has been 2.4 seconds slower in Singapore, still.

BAD NEWS:

Just heard back from my mate about the setup glitch, its still here :( its still as good in the corners but it is slower on the straights.

Also tbh I think this update has made the game worse or im having a really bad day. The cars seem less stable & agile, they feel all stiff & loose in the corners?

Had that in Melbourne, feels weird. My favourite track turned into a track I'm performing abysmal at.

New learning curve, weee!

It just feels like my car isn't performing well (2 seconds slower per lap than usual in Melbourne)...and that's annoying. Especially since other tracks are fine, I'm like 2.4 seconds or so in front of P2 in Singapore.

Yet, I have to say that the tarmac is looking a lot better now. And the tyres. Or am I hallucinating? (PS3)

Yes i noticed the handling issue last nihgt at Singapore. But I figured it was due to me grinding Abu Dahbi and with learning manual shifting in 2 days. I think it will get better in time as we learn the newer feel.

I am experiencing performance issues as well with slower lap times. handling has suffered a bit as well. for example at suzuka I could go all out through the twisties now i have to pump the gas through there.

I suspect this is more realistic since the lap times being posted including mine were a bit ridiculous, like beating track records by 6 seconds.

I suppose I will have to do some tweaking to get my handling back.

I am experiencing performance issues as well with slower lap times. handling has suffered a bit as well. for example at suzuka I could go all out through the twisties now i have to pump the gas through there.

I suspect this is more realistic since the lap times being posted including mine were a bit ridiculous, like beating track records by 6 seconds.

I suppose I will have to do some tweaking to get my handling back.

It's not like every track is affected, tho.

So what's the deal, has the handling 'suffered' as people are saying or is it just more realistic now? I've heard one guy say the cars feel less floaty (good) but someone else saying the 11/11 bug still exists, just that they have less top speed? It's worth saying, in F1 2010, the best set up for the corners probably was something like 11/11, but you lost so much traction that the fastest way round was to soften the rear suspension for much greater top speed - so it was a trade off, unlike the 11/11 glitch which is the fastest set up bar none, at every circuit.

I'd say it suffered. You have to approach corners in a different way now and can't steer in like you did before the patch. Don't know if that's any more realistic. We'll get used to it, I guess.

Last edited:
This update has made the game worse by far. All my old setups that worked fine before, don't now. They better fix this handling issue soon. For the time being im off to BF3.

This update has made the game worse by far. All my old setups that worked fine before, don't now. They better fix this handling issue soon. For the time being im off to BF3.

The handling WAS messed up before, the mechanical grip was too strong. Of course if they change the physics you will need to adjust all of your old setups.

Back